Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20160711_PGS.jpg

147th Salesian missionary expedition, 2016 September

By Cl. Dos Santos Julião, SDB
Practical trainee – missionary candidate

Vunabosco, PNG, 10 July 2016 -- Among the new Salesian missionaries of the 147th expedition we find also one practical trainee from Timor Leste, who applied for the missions already in 2010 (first profession year) to Fr Pascual Chávez. Now, during his final year of the practical training in the new province of PGS is sharing his vocation story. His first obedience is in Papua New Guinea – Vunabosco community.

Why and how it started your missionary vocation journey?

My dream to become a missionary started when I saw same Salesian priests and brother work hard in my own country of Timor Leste. It was the main reason why I wrote the first missionary application to the Rector major, Fr. Pascual Chávez in 2010. I still remember well the reply of the Rector major emeritus: He gave thanks for my missionary generosity and said ‘Preparati bene alla vita salesiana!’ (Prepare yourself well for the Salesian life!)

How do you feel as a practical trainee – missionary in PNG?

I am very happy work in this country of Papua New Guinea. This is not my mind but it’s a God calling. That why, become a religious who have been called to spend our lives, building up Gods kingdom among the young by a God who knows us personally, loves us, has called us by name and set us apart, consecrating us in a new and special missionary vocation ad gentes.

What is your missionary life experience like?

Really, I have still only little experience. My contribution to the Salesian mission is not so much in actions that I do in my life, but it’s in loving the young people entrusted to us. Experience tell me that genuine love is always expressed in close educative presence (assistance) and dedication.

What did you learn so far in the mission land?

Really, in this new place I try to learn very fast the Melanesian cultures of Papua New Guinea. In order to learn the local language (Tok Pisin) l had only two months course in the beginning. Then my rector Fr. Edwin entrusted me with the teaching of two subjects - Agriculture and Religion (Grade 10 and Vocation Trainee 1st year). And of course I’m learning the life in the diversity of our international community of Vunabosco. We are four confreres from four different countries – Philippines, Vietnam, India and East Timor. We have in Vunabosco (Rabaul archdiocese) about 213 boarding students and 11 pre-aspirants with us 24/24 hours a day. It’s a wonderful life in PNG, because I’m able to learn how to live in full the Salesian mission for our youth in need and how to practice in full our SDB Constitutions.

Greeting to the young Salesians in your home Vice-province of Timor-Indonesia?

I would like to invite my confreres in the post-novitiate or in practical training in Timor Leste and around the EAO region to become a missionary ad gentes, to live together with and for our poor boys. In the first article of our Constitutions we read that “Don Bosco have promised to give to God himself to the last breath for my poor boys…” Here in the missions is the best way how to realize the Salesian vocation!

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5573(I)_Solomon Islands Don Bosco Rural Training Centre Inauguration of scholastic year

By Fr. Robinson Parappilly Honiara, Solomons, 19 February 2021 -- The Don Bosco Rural Training centre came alive on 19th February to inaugurate the new scholastic year invoking the Holy spirit. The Holy Eucharist was presided over by Rector...
    Date2021.02.20 CategoryPac. Reply0 Views840 file
    Read More
  2. 5572(III)_10th Anniversary of Fr John Med: Czech Missionary in India

By our own correspondent Czech Republic, 19 February 2021 -- Each one of the 11,000 Salesians who were sent as missionaries ad gentes since 1875 left a precious heritage in his homeland as well in his mission land. And Fr. John Med, Czech S...
    Date2021.02.19 CategoryWorld Reply1 Views1231 file
    Read More
  3. 5572(II)_Monthly aids for Salesian Spiritual Accompaniment

By SDB Formation sector RMG, 19 February 2021 -- Since last August 2020 we have been enriched and animated by the short video clips produced by the Formation Sector with the help of young Salesians themselves who speak to us in 6 different ...
    Date2021.02.19 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views1036 file
    Read More
  4. 5572(I)_Fridays in Lent: The Way of the Cross

with Persecuted Christians, One with Jesus suffering in his brothers and sisters World, 19 February 2021 -- Every day, millions of Christians around the world suffer for their faith. Many are persecuted for their beliefs, their ordeals can ...
    Date2021.02.19 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views751 file
    Read More
  5. 5571(III)_Don Bosco Green Alliance in Shuwuu, Ulaanbaatar

By Fr. Mario Gaspar, SDB Shuwuu, Mongolia, 19 February 2021 -- The Salesians took over the mission in Shuwuu, after the handover from the Mongolia Apostolic Vicar, late Bishop Wenceslaus Padilla in 2016. The first time we arrived there were...
    Date2021.02.18 CategoryMong. Reply0 Views1415 file
    Read More
  6. 5571(II)_PNG: Laudato Si, Resource Manual

For the animation of parishes, schools and youth groups By Fr. Ambrose Pereira, SDB Port Moresby, PNG, 18 February 2021 -- Papua New Guinea is blessed with the wonder and beauty of nature. We delight in watching the unique ‘bird of pa...
    Date2021.02.18 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views903 file
    Read More
  7. 5571(I)_PNG: "Give and it shall be given to you"

By Ms. Joan Eko Don Bosco Technical School Gabutu, Port Moresby PNG, 18 February 2021 -- Held on Wednesday, 17 February, the theme of the celebration was “Give and it shall be given back to you” Luke 6:38. Archbishop Francesco P...
    Date2021.02.18 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1121 file
    Read More
  8. 5570(II)_Salesian Family in Action - Covid Year Solidarity

'Don Bosco Solidarity in Covid Times' published By our own correspondent RMG, 17 February 2021 -- The Covid Solidarity of the worldwide Salesian Family becomes visible through a newly published book 'One Family - One Father'...
    Date2021.02.17 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views1128 file
    Read More
  9. 5570(I)_Italy Salesian Bulletin reports on FMA in Myanmar

By Ms. Petra Slivjnek BS (Italy) FMA Mission Office-Germany, 17 February 2021 -- After the powerful cyclone in 2008, countless people fled from many destroyed villages to the metropolitan area of Yangon with 4 million. Difficult social cond...
    Date2021.02.17 CategoryFMA Reply0 Views814 file
    Read More
  10. 5569(VI)_An experience of prayer and formation

By Anne Dobbin (ADMA Aspirant) Gabutu (PM) PNG, 16 February 2021 -- In preparation for the feast of St. John Bosco, parishioners, the staff of Don Bosco Technical School (DBTS) and their families gathered for a time of spiritual journey thr...
    Date2021.02.16 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views949 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 ... 537 Next
/ 537