PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 1560 Comment 0

20180723_VIE.jpg

The annual Don Bosco Youth Day:

600 Youth sent to witness Jesus Christ in North of Vietnam

By Fr John Baptist Phát, SDB

Lang Son, Vietnam, 19 July 2018 -- Over 600 young people from 13 groups of all SDB communities and presences in the North of Viet Nam gathered in My Son parish, Lang Son - Cao Bang diocese, to attend the annual Don Bosco Youth Day.

In spite of a heavy rain, wet and muddy weather, nothing could stop the Don Bosco youth gathered to celebrate this annual Salesian festival. Everyone was happy to have the best place under the large big tent.

This Don Bosco Youth Day was the first one held in Don Bosco Lang Son, almost after 18 years of our presence in this diocese. The theme of 2018 Youth Day was YOUTH - FAITH & DISCERNMENT. Fr John Le Quang Viet, head of the Ho Chi Minh archdiocese Youth Ministry, gave an attractive presentation on the theme to all 600 youth. Then followed group activities with group sharing and deepening together about the theme Don Bosco Youth Day theme.

We were happy to welcome Bishop Joseph Chau Ngoc Tri right from the Opening Ceremony, who was present with us during the whole morning, until the Eucharistic Adoration presided personally by Bishop Joseph.

After lunch, there were beautiful presentations from many groups full of colour, cultural items and fun. All group presented exciting performance of dance, song and magic... everyone was so happy, joyful to enjoy this festival.

After group report from the morning group sharing, there was a ceremony of send-off for the mission. Our young people were sent like the apostles of Jesus, to be witnesses at their ordinary life environment through their service. We give thanks God for giving us the joyful and meaningful day.

20180723_VIE1.jpg

20180723_VIE2.jpg

20180723_VIE3.jpg

20180723_VIE4.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4812(II)_"Don Bosco is greater than you can imagine!" 0

2. 4805(I)_“Enjoy Life” 0

3. 4804(I)_“My soul proclaims the goodness of the Lord” 0

4. 4802_Amazing way! 0

5. 4801(I)_Friendship, being together, and loving 0

6. 4795(I)_Youth – Faith – Vocation Discernment 0

7. 4792(II)_Openned the summer sports festival 2018 0

8. 4746(II)_8 New Ordained Deacons of VietNam province 0

9. 4745(I)_A new Salesian presence in the North of Vietnam 0

10. 4742(II)_Discernment - Salesian Priest or Salesian Brother? 0

List