Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20170511_PGS10.jpg

Araimiri Parish - Living the periphery of PGN

By Sr. Marivel Monteveros, FMA
Deputy Principal DBSTC

Port Moresby, PNG, 6 May 2017 -- The Deputy Principals of Don Bosco schools and colleges of the vice-province of PNG/SI gathered at the Emmaus Conference Centre, Port Moresby, from 4th to 6th May, 2017 for a three-day workshop. The program for the 19 participants, including two from Peter Channel School, Port Moresby led them on a journey of self-discovery and empowerment to enhance their leadership styles in their own settings. It was coordinated by Fr. Robinson Parappilly SDB.

Leadership and the Enneagram was carefully crafted, planned and delivered by Bro. Alfred Tivinarlik on the first day. It touched on leadership styles, core emotions and our frame of reference. It enabled the participants take a look at on their strengths and weaknesses and opened up possibilities to turn one’s weaknesses into strengths.

The Salesian Education System, its nature, delivery, content, perspective and purpose was dealt with by Fr. Ariel Macatangay SDB. Using the Salesian Youth Ministry framework the participants were able to evaluate their school activities to ensure the integral development of youth. The present issues of exploitation of youth, the environment and social issues were reflected upon. “We’ve commenced on a project design for our Salesian school. This will be developed together with our respective school colleagues”, said Sr. Marivel Monteveros from DBSTC, Kumgi.

The Preventive System of Don Bosco and Salesian Spirituality were highlighted by Fr. Alfred Maravilla SDB, Provincial of PGS on the last day. His interesting discussions focused on the life and mentality of St. John Bosco in the “Preventive System”.

“I can feel the heartbeat of Don Bosco in his wish for the young. There are things I wasn’t doing right and I will try my best to change them”, said Ms. Charmaine Komeo from DBTS, Gabutu. Mr. Renato from Vunabosco said, “I learned a lot about Salesian education and it will help me in my school as I go about my task as deputy principal.” “I had looked at the Preventive System before, but this session provided me with a deeper understanding and clearer direction on how to instil Bosconian values in our students,” said Ms. Stephanie Heritrenggi from DBTI Henderson, Solomon Islands. “I have been empowered to go back to my school and raise up the standard with more energy and vigour”, said Joseph Aaron from Don Bosco Rural Training Centre, Tetere, Solomon Islands.

The two participants from Peter Chanel Catholic Agency School, expressed their joy at being part of the program. “I was able to get to know the deep identity of the Salesian schools, the foundation, the make-up of the educational Pastoral Plan, and the words from the founder Don Bosco. It has helped me to see where my school is, the approaches we use and that we try and plan for changes that are necessary for a Salesian school. Working, staying, praying and sharing with the other deputies of Don Bosco Schools and Colleges in the Salesian Spirit is enjoyable and refreshing,” they said.

Regular refreshing spiritual seminars for the staff, a lay Salesian handbook, networking and sharing the progress and development of each school were among the recommendations of the participants.

At the conclusion, Fr. Robinson read out the pastoral letter of Bishops of PNG/SI on ‘Care, Protection and catechising of our children’. “It is now our duty to echo the content of the seminar and hopefully we can share the elements of the preventive system”, he said.

20170511_PGS13.jpg

20170511_PGS11.jpg

20170511_PGS12.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4410(III)_PNG Power technicians undergo training at DBTI

By Ms. Arlene Abital and Mr. Karl David Valmonte Port Moresby, PNG, 16 June 2017 -- Seventeen PNG Power Ltd. technicians have utilized the Maintenance Fitting and Machining facilities at Don Bosco Technological Institute (DBTI), Boroko from...
    Date2017.06.16 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1218 file
    Read More
  2. 4406(I)_The Sacred Heart of Jesus - Hope for the hopeless

By Fr. Joseph Thanh, SDB Araimiri, PNG, 12, June 2017 -- During the past weeks, the Mary Help of Christians Parish Araimiri joyfully and gratefully welcomed a significant number of newly baptized in the parish. They are total of 55, young a...
    Date2017.06.12 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views718 file
    Read More
  3. 4402(I)_Play with courage, live with faith

By Fr. Ambrose Pereira, SDB Port Moresby, PNG, 2 June 2017 -- Don Bosco Technical School, Gabutu, Port Moresby, held the Opening of its annual Intramurals on the 2nd June, 2017. This yearly event had for its theme: ‘Play with Courage, Live ...
    Date2017.06.08 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views963 file
    Read More
  4. 4398(III)_"I was attracted by youth ministry!"

The Vocation story of Thomas Warwara By Asp. Thomas Warwara Port Moresby, PNG, 3 June 2017 -- Life is a journey, lived with family, friends, neighbours and the environment. One can only plan and live his or her life well with fervent prayer...
    Date2017.06.03 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1152 file
    Read More
  5. 4392_Let's be Communicators of Faith and Hope

Fact or Fiction: The truth in the Media By Mrs. Cecilia Amala Port Moresby, PNG, 29 MAy 2017 -- World Communications Day was celebrated on 28th May, 2017, with a thanksgiving Eucharistic celebration at the Shrine of Mary Help of Christians,...
    Date2017.05.29 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1104 file
    Read More
  6. 4389(II)_DBTS honours Mary, the Mother and Protectress of our family

By Mr Narol Sapak and Fr. Angel Sanchez, SDB Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea -- On the 24th of May 2017, the Educative Pastoral Community of Don Bosco Technical School, Gabutu, gathered to celebrate the Feast of Mary Help of Christians at he...
    Date2017.05.26 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1012 file
    Read More
  7. 4388(I)_Celebrations at Mary Help of Christians Parish, Sabama

By Mrs. Violet Ikupu, ASC Port Moresby, PNG, 24 May 2017 -- The parish of Mary Help of Christians, Sabama had a nice celebration on 21st May, 2017. It was held in the community playing field of Pari, a mass centre of the parish. Nearly 700 ...
    Date2017.05.24 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views4953 file
    Read More
  8. 4381(I)_Missions Group

Members of the Missions group, from left to right: Joshua Tarere, Michael Tuka, Peter Kamara, Pius Yawalele, Fr. Alfred Maravilha, Fr. Pedro Sachitula, Justine Mautu, and Raphael Gobi Savio Haus Aspirantate, PGS By Fr. Pedro Sachitula, SDB ...
    Date2017.05.16 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views32570 file
    Read More
  9. 4379(III)_Living story of Araimiri - built on sand and sea

Araimiri Parish - Living the periphery of PNG By Fr. Joseph Thanh, SDB PGS Viceprovince Araimiri, PNG, 11 May 2017 -- The name "ARAIMIRI" is quite familiar and popular to every Salesians and volunteers who have had experience in Papua New G...
    Date2017.05.11 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views897 file
    Read More
  10. 4379(II)_Growing in human formation and Salesian spirituality

Araimiri Parish - Living the periphery of PGN By Sr. Marivel Monteveros, FMA Deputy Principal DBSTC Port Moresby, PNG, 6 May 2017 -- The Deputy Principals of Don Bosco schools and colleges of the vice-province of PNG/SI gathered at the Emma...
    Date2017.05.11 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1028 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... 54 Next
/ 54