austraLasia

?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20180914_FIS.jpg

St. Joseph the Worker Parish – Victorias (FIS)

By FIS Pastoral Animation

Victorias, the Philippines, 9 September 2018 -- Bishop Patricio Buzon, SDB, of the Diocese of Bacolod held his pastoral visitation of the St. Joseph the Worker Parish in the days 8-9 September. He was warmly welcomed by parishioners in a motorcade from the national highway until the Mary Help of Christians Church, where he canonically opened the visitation. Fr. Donato Ofina, SDB and his parish council welcomed the bishop.

Bishop Patrick spoke of how each pastoral visitation is not just a physical visitation of the prelate but the visitation of Christ Himself to His people. Such privileged events, according to him, are moments of grace for the community. The bishop stayed with the parish for two days, from Saturday to Sunday. The last pastoral visitation was back in 2002.

On Saturday, the bishop celebrated mass at the Mary Help of Christian church followed by a conference with the pastoral council and representatives of mandated organizations. The following day, the bishop celebrated mass at the St. Joseph the Worker church, visited the sick, and encountered the community of the Binanlotan chapel and the FMA sisters of the Laura Vicuña Women’s Center in Malihao. He was very much impressed with the dynamism of the people. In the afternoon, he spent two and a half hours with the youth of the parish to listen to them and talk to them. He ended his visit with a conference to the Salesian community of Don Bosco Technological Institute in Victorias.

Bishop Patrick Buzon, SDB is a former provincial of FIS province, who did previously an annual canonical visitation in the same parish and Salesian community between 1998 and 2002. Your prayers for the diocese of Bacolod and its shepherd are requested!

20180914_FIS1.jpg

20180914_FIS2.jpg

20180914_FIS3.jpg

20180914_FIS4.jpg

Maximum Attachments : 0Byte/ 15.00MB
Maximum File Size : 15.00MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

1. 4951(III)_Two weeks in daily communion with the Rector Major and his council

A Missionary touch for the December 2018 new provincials course By Our Own Correspondent RMG, 16 December 2018 -- Every six months, the entire General Council open their arms and change their lifestyle, the result of two...
    Date2018.12.17 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views89 newfile
    Read More
  2. 4951(II)_'There is no greater love than to give one's life for one's friends'

Fr Joseph "Fu" - Vietnamese missionary in Patagonia ordained By ARS SC Buenos Aires, Argentina, 15 December 2018 -- Deacon Joseph Nguyen Vu Thanh Phuong was ordained to the priesthood through the laying of hands of Sales...
    Date2018.12.17 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views39 newfile
    Read More
  3. 4951(I)_"We can be sure that there are other Salesians coming from the other SF Groups"

Interview with Fr Robert (Bobby) Roxas: FIN provincial delegate to the Salesian Cooperators By Our Own Correspondent Manila, the Philippines, 15 December 2018 -- Fr Bobby is the vice rector of the SDB formation communi...
    Date2018.12.17 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views121 newfile
    Read More
  4. 4950(II)_EAO students and confreres sharing in Rome

By Fr Cesar Da Costa Rome, Italy, 14 December 2018 -- A traditional December meeting of the EAO Salesian confreres who are studying or working in Rome took place once again on Friday, 14 December 2018 at the 'Sede Centrale' or Sal...
    Date2018.12.16 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views152 file
    Read More
  5. 4950(I)_Salesian Cooperators attracted by Don Bosco

Interview with Mr. Laurentio Shin, ASC By Our Own Correspondent Seoul, Korea, 16 December 2018 -- Laurentio Shin, ASC, is a committed member of the formation school for aspirants to the Salesian Cooperators and is accomp...
    Date2018.12.16 CategoryASC Reply0 Views46 updatefile
    Read More
  6. 4949(II)_An Experience of Vocational Discernment

Immersion in the Pre-Novitiate By Pre-novice, Thomas Warwara Cebu, Philippines, 15 December 2018 -- After my college aspirantate in the PGS Vice-Province I was sent to join the inter-provincial Pre-Novitiate Formation Pr...
    Date2018.12.15 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views76 file
    Read More
  7. 4949(I)_A superb tool for fostering communion at world level

ANSfoto By Br José Luis Muñoz RMG,15 Decembre 2018 -- ANS (Agenzia iNfo Salesiana) is not so well known by the majority of Salesian confreres. Yet with 95% of the Salesian News Agency (ANS) now in digital form on the intern...
    Date2018.12.15 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views52 file
    Read More
  8. 4948_Secular Institute 'With Don Bosco' (CDB)

Signs of growth in Asia By Our Own Correspondent Manila, Philippines, 13 December 2018 -- During the recent animation visit to FIN province in Manila, the EAO Regional Councillor had an opportunity to meet three members ...
    Date2018.12.14 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views57 file
    Read More
  9. 4947_"The Salesian work ethics have formed me as an educator"

A teacher of DBTS Gabutu (PGS) receives the International Contribution Award By Peter Suka Ririma Port Moresby, PNG, 13 December 2018 -- I started teaching at Don Bosco Technical School, Gabutu (PNG) in 2009. It was through ...
    Date2018.12.13 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views61 file
    Read More
  10. 4947_"God’s Love is too great – I can’t stay at home!"

Missionary vocation journey from India to Ukraine By Cl. Ngouning John Kala, SDB Kiev, Ukraine, 13 December 2018 -- At the age of 30, Cl. John Ngouning Kala, is among the first fruits of the Sirajuli (ING) Salesian Missi...
    Date2018.12.13 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views64 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 245 Next
/ 245