China province echoes the EAO Salesian Brother Congress
Hong Kong 27 August 2018 -- Two weeks after the EAO Congress Bro. Francis shares: "Yes, everybody was highly impressed by the EAO Salesian Brother Congress. I think we have chosen the right place for the Congress and we will try our best to implement our resolutions which will be discussed in the provincial meetings of the Initial Formation and On-going Formation Committees. Hope something concrete will come out!"
And of the senior members of Chian province express a deep interest and support: "May God bless you for all that we are doing so hard for the welfare of the whole Salesian Family in our EAO region, especially for the recent EAO Salesian Brother Congress. Hopefully our dear Salesian Brothers carry on their mission as they have experienced and expressed before and during the Congress; and not just for a show, though rather beautiful and nicely performed. May they be the true 'Salesian Brothers' - really according to the mind and heart of Don Bosco, in every corner of the world they go or sent by the Superiors."
The 2018-2024 Resolution of China province as shared in K'Long are the following:
- We promote the understanding of “one consecrated Salesian vocation”
- We reflect upon the problem of “clericalism”
- We emphasize on Salesian religious perpetual profession
- Mission is not entrusted to individuals, but to the community in which responsibilities are shared. We foster Rectors’ attention on the involvement of Salesian brothers in parish and campus ministry
- We foster the presence of Salesian Brothers in formation house as formator, in formation commission and in the provincial council
- We participate in specific formation and ongoing formation courses provided by Sandor community
- We pay more attention to the language formation of Salesian brothers
- We give due attention to professional specialization of Salesian brothers
- We organize a bibliography for Salesian brothers [NB: need of more translations]
- We promote the Salesian brother vocation especially in the Salesian family
- We could re-name the 'Vocation Day' as ‘Day of Consecrated Life’. One of the theme could be Salesian brother vocation
- We work out a basic requirement for the admission of candidate to pre-novitiate (c.f. Ratio)