Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 1070 Comment 0
20180623_EAO.jpg

Salesian future depends on more 'Cafassos' in each province

By Fr. Vaclav Klement, SDB

EAO, 23 June 2018 -- Today - June 23rd - we celebrate the Memorial of Don Bosco's Mentor, Confessor and Spiritual Guide , Saint Joseph Cafasso (1811-1860).

For the China provinces today is the installation day of their new provincial, Fr. Joseph Ng in Hong Kong and for 10 Salesians in Paranaque is the day of their deacon ordination - 5 from TLS (Timor Leste), two from INA (Indonesia) and one each from Cambodia Delegation (THA), FIN and FIS provinces. The Rector Major today concludes another course of new provincials and remembers 25 years of death anniversary of Fr. Egidio Vigano (7th successor of Don Bosco).

Fr. Cafasso was only 4 years senior (*1811) to Don Bosco (*1815) and both were born in the same parish of Castelnuovo. There is no doubt, without Cafasso there would be not Don Bosco as we know him. And indeed the art of listening and accompaniment that makes so characteristic our Father was learnt also from his 'compaesano' in the weekly confession and guidance encounters for many years. And we would never forget it was Fr. Cafasso who introduced Don Bosco to the prisons of Turin - where he discovered the abbandoned youth of his times.

The EAO Salesians may recall this question: "Who is your Cafasso?" - during their extraordinary visitations, as question about their spiritual guide and accompaniment.

Here are some frequent reply to this question:

• My Cafasso is usually one of our senior Salesians (confession and spiritual guidance)
  • My Cafasso is one Salesian Brother or FMA Sister, other religious priest or lay person
  • For the it's about spiritual sharing (occasional) between the same batch-mates
  • For me only through regular confession & sincere sharing with own novice batch-mates
  • I'm expecting this help from my rector, but he is always busy and does focus on work
  • I have just make the first appointment with my spiritual guide, after two hours confession talk
  • We have many (good) confessors but very few good spiritual guides. Why?
  • Only when I hit the bottom (=vocation crisis) I have start to look for a spiritual guide
  • Personal encounter is difficult due to distance, so I use call more frequently by phone
  • During confession get only appreciation and felt lack of honest fraternal correction
  • Longing for the Salesian role-models to look upon
  • Since my novitiate with many excuse I have not yet any Cafasso (practical trainee)
  • For few Salesians their Cafasso is a diocesan priest as spiritual guide

On the memorial of Saint Cafasso is a good occasion to take this questions: Who is my Cafasso? and Where is my prison? in order to reconnect to the spiritual wave of Don Bosco today.

May this prayer after Communion guide our steps: "Father, you have invited us to your table; grant that we may follow the example of Saint Joseph Cafasso, who dedicated himself to you with his whole heart, and spent himself tirelessly in counselling his brethren in their doubts and trials."

Related materials:

20180623_EAO0.jpg

20180623_EAO1.jpg

20180623_EAO2.jpg

20180623_EAO3.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4772(I)_Fiji Diocesan Synod - focus on the Youth

By Nov. Afi’a Enosa Suva, Fiji, 24 June 2018 -- This is a wonderful opportunity to share with you some of the recent events that happen in Fiji - Suva! Synod of the Archdiocese of Fiji The Archdiocesan Youth Rally took place on the weekend ...
    Date2018.06.28 CategoryPac. Reply0 Views4115 file
    Read More
  2. 4771(II)_The first Superior of Indonesia Vice-Province appointed

Fr. Andrew WONG, the mobile Salesian! By Our Own Correspondent RMG, 26 June 2018 -- After the consultation for the Superior of INA Viceprovince the Rector Major with the consent of his council appointed on 26th June 2018 Fr Andrew WONG as t...
    Date2018.06.27 CategoryRMG Reply1 Views8131 file
    Read More
  3. 4771(I)_Gratitude and challenge, 60 years of ministry in Tang King Po School

85th Birthday Celebration of Br. John Baptist Chu Sek Yan By Our Own Correspondent Hong Kong, 24 June 2018 -- On the eve of Solemnity of St. John the Baptist, June 23rd, the grateful Alumni of Don Bosco from Tang King Po School, Oratories a...
    Date2018.06.27 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views1045 file
    Read More
  4. 4770(III)_A Mysterious beginning of Salesian and priestly life

Silver Jubilee of presbyterial ordination and religious profession By Fr. Anthony Kishore Minj, SDB Darkhan, Mongolia, 24 June 2018 -- With great Jubilation Auxilium Parish Darkhan celebrated the 25th anniversary of priestly ordination of F...
    Date2018.06.25 CategoryMong. Reply0 Views1216 file
    Read More
  5. 4770(II)_Vocation within Salesian education

How to foster vocation culture in Indonesia? By Fr. Paulus Anggara, SDB UPS, ROME, 24 June 2018 -- Just few days ago Fr. Paulus Anggara, one of the three Indonesia delegation (INA) students at the UPS (Salesian Pontifical University) in Rom...
    Date2018.06.25 CategoryINA Reply0 Views1220 file
    Read More
  6. 4770(I)_A model of sacrificed and hardworking Salesian - Bro. Carlos Marques

Vocation story going back to the St Callistus Caravario times By Bro. Adriano de Jesus, SDB Dili, Timor Leste, 24 June 2018 -- Salesian Brother Carlos Da Conceicao Marques was born on February 17, 1912 in Wailili (Baucau) - he was 15 years ...
    Date2018.06.25 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views1246 file
    Read More
  7. 4769_"Do Whatever he tells you” (Jn 2:5)

Installation of the 15th China Province Superior By Fr. Carlos Cheung, SDB Hong Kong, 24 June 2018 -- One day shy of celebrating the Memorial of the St. Joseph Cafasso, our confreres and the Salesian Family of the China Province (CIN), rece...
    Date2018.06.24 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views1296 file
    Read More
  8. 4768_Don Bosco Alumni born on June 24, 1870

How rich and large is the Salesian Family! By Mr. Michal Hort, EXDB Presidentof World Confederation of Don Bosco Past Pupils Rome, Italy, 24 June 2018 -- As other groups of the Salesian Family, also the Don Bosco Past Pupils started to anim...
    Date2018.06.24 CategoryEXDB Reply0 Views3642 file
    Read More
  9. 4767(IV)_Who is your Cafasso? Where is your prison?

Salesian future depends on more 'Cafassos' in each province By Fr. Vaclav Klement, SDB EAO, 23 June 2018 -- Today - June 23rd - we celebrate the Memorial of Don Bosco's Mentor, Confessor and Spiritual Guide , Saint Joseph Cafasso (1811-1860...
    Date2018.06.23 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views1070 file
    Read More
  10. 4767(III)_A magnet that attracted the interest of the young

In Memory of Bro. Andrew Suthan Chaiyaban, SDB By Bro. Worawuth, SDB Bangkok, Thailand, 23 June 2018 -- Bro. Andrew Sutham Chaiyaban was born on November 28, 1935 and was baptized at St.Theresa of the Child Jesus Church in HuaHin. His famil...
    Date2018.06.23 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views672 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 ... 532 Next
/ 532