The real protagonists of Salesian Mission - our Saints
Rome, Italy, 14 April 2018 -- Among the 100 participants of the Second World Level seminar on Salesian Holiness, were present also Vice-postulators from 4 different province - Fr. Emil Santos (cause of Fr. Charles Braga - Philippines), Daughter of Queenship of Mary Rachneeladdajit Ladda and Fr. Joseph Banchong (Thailand) and from Japan the Vice-postulare of Fr. Cimatti's cause Fr. Compri (GIA) as well the Vicepostulator of Fr. Majcen cause Fr. Alojzij Snoj and Fr Franc Marsic (both from Slovenia).
The rich Seminar materials are available online (Boscolink), so far only in Italian language, although the SDB General Postulation report (January 1, 2018) is available also in English.
The second seminar mainly focused on the formation of the Vice-postulators within the 32 groups of the Salesian Family (14 groups participated) was according the participants a Pentecost-like event. Many valuable reflections and sharing - from Card. Angelo Amato (Prefect of the Congregation for the Causes of Saints), from the Rector Major Fr. Angel F. Artime, the Postulator General Fr. Pier Luigi Cameroni and more than 15 other non Salesian and Salesian speakers are a precious gift to the whole family, not only to our Vice-postulators.
Indeed the seminar raised a deeper awareness about the presence of our Saints in our daily life and mission (communion of Saints), deeper knowledge about our Saints help us to focus on the essentials in daily life: not only what we do or organize, but the Gospel like witness of life, that attracts to Jesus, does matter.
A large variety of Salesian Family Saints related reflections shows vast opportunities:
- A pastoral aspect touches the evangelizing effectiveness of our Saints, Blesseds, Venerables and Servants of God
- A deeper knowledge of their life story, vocation story help us to imitate them as followers of Jesus Christ and encourages us on our journey.
- A concrete prayer of interecession to 'our 172 Saints - Blesseds - Venerables and Servants of God' is a great opportunity for our Educative - Pastoral Communities to be empowered and strengthen amidst our challenges.
- An active promotion of awareness through the publications, videos, writings, biographies and regular presentations in our Salesian Bulletins, parish bulletins and diocesan newspapers, websites, exhibitions or promoting education works in the name of the Servant of God, Venerable, Blessed of Saint in our province are encouraged.
Yes, we believe in the communion of Saints. This seminar is another step on the journey, closer to the shining witnesses of the Risen Lord!
- BOSCOLINK - Salesian Holiness Seminar 2018: all materials
- BOSCOLINK - Dossier Postulator Office 2018, January