Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 863 Comment 1

20180201_AUL.jpg

Feast of St. John Bosco celebrated & new provincial installed

By Fr. Anthony Nguyen, SDB

Melbourne, Australia, 31 January 2018 -- In the evening on 30th January 2018, many Salesian priests, brothers, sisters, members of the Salesian family and parishioners from Australian, Italian, Vietnamese and Burmese communities gathered at St Margaret Mary’s parish in Brunswick to celebrate the Feast of St John Bosco and the installation of the New Provincial, Fr William Matthews SDB.

The Mass was presided by Rev. Vaclav Klement SDB, the Councillor of East Asia – Oceania. Among the con-celebrants, there were some former provincials like Fr Frank Bertagnolli SDB, Fr. John Murphy SDB, Fr. Frank Moloney SDB and many other Salesian Priests, Diocesan Priests including Fr Peter Myo Aung the parish priest of St. Joseph’s parish in Mandalay, Myanmar where Fr Will grew up as a boy.

At the beginning of the gathering, Fr Anthony Nguyen SDB, Parish Priest and Rector of Brunswick community, welcomed all faithful to join in the celebration by singing Here I am Lord together.

The hymn reflected well in the celebration as Fr William starts his new role and duties as the provincial of Australia-Pacific province.

Fr Klement then greeted the community and passed on the greetings from the Rector Major. Fr Klement said he was happy to be with the Australia-Pacific Province to celebrate the feast of St John Bosco and this very important moment of the province. He also invited the congregation to pray for the young Brothers in Fiji who would be professing their first vows as Salesians.

The First Reading was read by Sister Helen McMahon FMA and the Second Reading read by Agnes Thang from the Burmese community. Deacon Lourenco Soarez SDB, a Timorese Salesian studying in Melbourne, read the gospel and assisted in the Eucharist.

In his homily, Fr Klement reflected the inspiration from the Word of God into the life of St John Bosco who passed it onto the present Salesian life. He also presented a book of Don Bosco with many original photos of Don Bosco to Fr Will encouraging him to live like Don Bosco in his mission to the young in Australia, New Zealand, Samoa and Fiji.

Following the homily, The Rite of the Installation of New Provincial with the Profession of Faith took place with the signing of the official documents before Fr Klement.

Magically, the Don Bosco Vietnamese choir sang most hymns in English and some in Vietnamese. The congregation was also very impressed with a liturgical dance performed by a group of young people from the Salesian Youth Club of the Parish.

After the communion, Fr Will Matthews expressed his gratutude to God and those attended the celebration particularly to Fr Klement, Fr Anthony Quang and all members of the Salesian Family. The Eucharist was concluded with the Hymn To Don Bosco composed by Sr Rochelle Lamb FMA.

The celebration continued with a variety of food provided in the Parish Hall where all shared a happy moment together in honour of St. John Bosco.

20180201_AUL1.jpg

20180201_AUL2.jpg

20180201_AUL3.jpg

20180201_AUL4.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )
  • Ambrose 2018.02.01 11:40

Congratulations Fr. Will !

May Don Bosco bless and guide you as you lead and guide the young.

Warm regards.

Ambrose sdb

1. 4629(I)_First Professions and Renewal of Temporary Professions in the Australia-Pacific Province

By Fr Bernie Graham, SDB Suva, Fiji, 31 January 2018 -- The Feast of St John Bosco was again the occasion of great celebration in the Australia-Pacific Province (AUL) when five novices made their First Profession as Salesians of Don Bosco. ...
    Date2018.02.02 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views1113 file
    Read More
  2. 4628(IV)_Family Encounter - Father speaks from his heart

The most important time of the Timor Leste visit By Our Own Correspondent Dili, Timor Leste, 31 January 2018 -- Finally, on the second day of the visit in Timor Leste came the most expected time for the Salesians. Apart of the large outdoor...
    Date2018.02.01 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views1587 file
    Read More
  3. 4628(III)_Be humble, strong and energetic!

Feast of St. John Bosco celebrated & new provincial installed By Fr. Anthony Nguyen, SDB Melbourne, Australia, 31 January 2018 -- In the evening on 30th January 2018, many Salesian priests, brothers, sisters, members of the Salesian fam...
    Date2018.02.01 CategoryAUL Reply1 Views863 file
    Read More
  4. 4628(II)_The best witness about Don Bosco holiness are his sons and daughters

Salesian Postulator General gives an inspiring report By Fr. Pier Luigi Cameroni Postulator General RMG, 31 January 2018 -- “Holiness is the incarnation of the charism and helps to live the Salesian spirit in a realistic way, overcoming the...
    Date2018.02.01 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views1014 file
    Read More
  5. 4628(I)_Reflections on the Namuncurá Experience

By Asp. Palep Begiglen Port Moresby, PNG, 31 January 2018 -- We, first year Salesian aspirants of PGS Vice-Province, had our 6 weeks missionary volunteer service (called Namuncurá Experience) in West Kerema, in our parish at Araimiri (Papua...
    Date2018.02.01 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views709 file
    Read More
  6. 4627(IV)_"I come here because I love you all."

First Day of RM in Timor Leste By Fr. José de Sá, SDB Dili, Timor Leste, 30 January 2018 -- The tenth successor of St John Bosco and Rector Major of the Salesians, Fr Angel Fernandez Artime SDB arrived at Dili, Timor Leste in the morning of...
    Date2018.01.31 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views1089 file
    Read More
  7. 4627(III)_Grand Finals – Spring Tournament 2018

By Trung Hoan, SDB Ben Cat, Vietnam, 28 January 2018 -- It is always aspiration of sons of Don Bosco to bring about joy and happiness to the young. To continue and carry out the educational project of Saint John Bosco, the Salesian communit...
    Date2018.01.31 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views643 file
    Read More
  8. 4627(II)_A meaningful vocation experience in Cambodia

Besucco Boys experience celebrates 10 years By Cl. Joshua Pilaku, SDB Phnom Penh, Cambodia, 27 January 2018 -- In 2007 Fr. Leonardo Ochoa, SDB, then Rector of Don Bosco Phnom Penh, created a group of resident boys. "I wanted an atmosphere w...
    Date2018.01.31 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views578 file
    Read More
  9. 4627(I)_SF Parañaque District Gathering 2018

By Cl. April Jerome Quinto, SDB Parañaque City, the Philippines, 24 January 2018 — Members of the Salesian Family—Parañaque District celebrated the Feast of Saint Francis of Sales and the monthly commemoration of Mary Help of Christians tog...
    Date2018.01.31 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views599 file
    Read More
  10. 4626(III)_God whispers to you in the depth of your heart

Message of the Rector Major to the Youth on the Feast of St. John Bosco, 31st January 2018 By Fr. Ángel Fernández Artime, SDB RMG, 30 January 2018 -- My dear Youth, Let me greet you with great affection and with the promise of my prayer for...
    Date2018.01.30 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views939 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 ... 532 Next
/ 532