Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 1105 Comment 0

20171201_PGS.jpg

Vocation story of Aspirant Joshua Tarare

By Asp. Joshua Tarere

Port Moresby, PNG, 1 December 2017 -- My name is Joshua Tarere (25). I was born on 27th January, 1993 and am from East New Britain. I am the eldest boy in a family of two brothers and three sisters. I have just completed my Bachelor degree in Technical Education in Computers.

In my younger days, I followed my father everywhere he went, especially when he went to visit his many priests and brother friends. I loved to stay with the diocesans seminarians as the Rector was a close friend of my father. Some would tell me that I must become a priest. Every weekend, since grade 4, I would spend my weekend with the seminarians. I admired the way they played music and sang. Most of all I was attracted to the white cassock they wore. This stirred in me the interest to become one like them.

My interest to join the Aspirantate grew as I witnessed the ordination of the first salesian of Papua New Guinea and Solomon Islands, Fr. Isidor Maramun. It was the first time for me to participate in such an occasion. The mass was beautiful and alive and the students of Vunabosco led the choir. The students sang very well and made the day a memorable one. This boosted my interest to become a salesian of Don Bosco one day.

Without knowing the system and the style of this great saint Fr. Bosco, I showed great interest by writing to Fr. Roger Miranda sdb, the Rector of Vunabosco. During my short stay, I was moved by his simple lifestyle. He was so gentle, full of fun, loving, easy-going, yet hardworking and always concerned about me and the other boys. I felt that he was not only a priest but truly a father that cares for children as parents in a family would do.

After my short staying at Vunabosco, I was then sent to Savio Haus Aspirantate and took up courses at DBTI, Boroko. Life now began to change from my ordinary way of living. I have a fixed schedule and have ample time for everything, i.e. a time to play, to pray, to study and to meet with the youths during the Sunday’s oratory. I considered being with the Salesians like being together in a big happy family. There is life and joy among every one.

I have learnt a lot from the life of the Salesians. One thing that I always treasure is that; no matter how busy or important a position of office they hold; they always have time to spend with young people.

20171201_PGS0.jpg

20171201_PGS1.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4570(II)_Cheers to you, My Brother!

FIN Province Day 2017 By Bro. Jojo Villanueva, SDB Tarlac City, the Philippines, 30 November 2017 -- Annually the Salesians from all over Luzon gather for the Provincial Community Day. This is a day of gratitude, fraternity, and camaraderie...
    Date2017.12.02 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views914 file
    Read More
  2. 4570(I)_First Salesian Parish Priest meeting

By Fr. Joseph Thanh, SDB Honiara, Solomon Islands, 30 November 2017 -- One year since the Salesian Mission in the two countries of the Pacific: Papua New Guinea (PNG) and Solomon Islands (SI), became vice-Province (PGS) all three Salesian p...
    Date2017.12.02 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views641 file
    Read More
  3. 4569(II)_A Salesian has time to spend with young people

Vocation story of Aspirant Joshua Tarare By Asp. Joshua Tarere Port Moresby, PNG, 1 December 2017 -- My name is Joshua Tarere (25). I was born on 27th January, 1993 and am from East New Britain. I am the eldest boy in a family of two brothe...
    Date2017.12.01 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1105 file
    Read More
  4. 4569(I)_Third Center of Salesian Cooperators established in Timor Leste

Promise of 9 new Salesian Cooperators in Laga, Timor Leste By Mr. Manuel Da Silva, ASC Laga, Timor Leste, 26 December 2017 -- On Sunday November 26th, 2017, Catholic churches around the world celebrate the solemnity of Christ the King. On t...
    Date2017.12.01 CategoryASC Reply0 Views1051 file
    Read More
  5. 4568(III)_A purpose oriented reading of the Family of today

International Congress YM and Family - Day 2 By Fr Joel Camaya, SDB Madrid, Spain, 28 November 2017 -- The participants after having gathered for the opening prayer, listened to Fr. Fabio Attard's plenary address. Fr. Attard is a Doctor in ...
    Date2017.11.30 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views671 file
    Read More
  6. 4568(II)_Best practice from Macau

International Congress YM and Family - Madrid By Fr. Savio Yeung, SDB Madrid, Spain, 28 November 2017 -- The International Congress organized by the SDB Youth Ministry Sector in Madrid, Spain (November 27-Dec 1) is already in full swing hea...
    Date2017.11.30 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views1064 file
    Read More
  7. 4568(I)_The Joy in Winter at Don Bosco Hoa An Youth Center

By Tri Dung, SDB Hoa An, Viet Nam, 26 November 2017 -- On Sunday Nov. 26, Don Bosco Hoa An officially opened the annual Winter football Championship. This was also for celebrating Christmas 2017. It has been a traditional football champions...
    Date2017.11.30 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views438 file
    Read More
  8. 4567(III)_Madrid - International Congress on Youth Ministry and Family

FIN joins the International Congress By Fr. Joel Camaya, SDB Madrid, Spain, 28 November 2017 -- The Department of Youth Ministry of the Salesians of Don Bosco has convened this gathering of more than 300 Salesians and lay people from 5 cont...
    Date2017.11.29 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views1008 file
    Read More
  9. 4567(II)_Salesian Technical School is shining at national level

The only Salesian school in Taiwan is shining By Fr. Mathew Tri, SDB Tainan, Taiwan, 28 November 2017 -- For the first time in history the only Salesian school in Taiwan (Republic of China) has three local Salesians as community members. Am...
    Date2017.11.29 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views1125 file
    Read More
  10. 4567(I)_Formation of Pre-Novice Directors from EAO and South Asia Region

Second Part (23-27 November 2017) By Bro. Raymond D. Callo, SDB Cebu, the Philippines, 27 November 2017 -- The second part of the formators’ course for the pre-novice directors started with a cultural and Salesian immersion. The participant...
    Date2017.11.29 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views600 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 ... 537 Next
/ 537