by vaclav posted Oct 20, 2019
?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

ESCClose

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print

Practical trainees accompaniment

Fr Ivo Coelho (2019) and Fr Francesco Cereda (2010)

For download

ENG:

COELHO, Letter on Practical Training, 15.10.2019 ENG.pdf

ITA

COELHO, Lettera sul tirocinio, 15.10.2019 ITA.pdf

TLS-practical trainee.jpg

'What helps you in your vocation growth during practical training?'

• Accompaniment by my rector

• Community aspect is the first strength in our life, quality of the accompanying Salesians. Does not matter really the numbers of our community, but if my confreres listen to you!

• Prayer and trust given by my community, in spite of my mistakes, I'm still given trust to be creative

• Regularity in 'rendiconto' and spiritual direction, sacrament of reconciliation

• Join practical trainees seminar with confreres from other provinces

• Live and work with lay mission partners

If you become provincial,

how would you arrange more formative experience during practical training?'

• I'm very grateful to be here for 5 days, since in our province we have only 2 hours session twice a year

• Joint meeting brings a different view point, input. At home I listen only to one voice, of the rector

• Arrange the help to discern missionary vocation through exchange of other provinces/ delegations

• Provincial plan for the practical trainees – what is expected from us, or concrete local community plan

• Our rectors would assume that we are OK, but we expect at least once a month spiritual direction and since we are always busy and the whole month we don’t see our confessor: guarantee monthly recharging

• Regular rendiconto during the practical trainee meeting (3 times a year), with our provincial present

• Minimum of two practical trainees in one community, it would lessen our stress and burden (survival)

• Care for each confrere in practical training. Usually the perpetually professed confreres think we are already perfect, we are capable … and not allowed to commit mistakes

• Assign practical trainees as groups, never single trainee in one community alone

• One day for reflection and recollection at least every month (Ratio requires reflection during pract.training)

• Seminars for the rector (seminar for parenting), not all the rectors know, how to accompany us!

• Joint formation of rectors and practical trainees, since we need to bridge the age gap

• High time to promote the missionary vocations – we should be more immersed in other cultures

• Give a chance for practical skills - coaching

This joint formation session is part of the 3 annual formation sessions for the practical trainees between the two Filipino provinces. We congratulate the formators and give thanks to all resource persons who made this refreshing experience possible.