Xuan Hiep, Vietnam, 23 March 2023 -- The funeral Mass for Father Joseph Nguyen Tien My, SDB took place at 8:00 a.m., Wednesday, March 22, 2023, at Don Bosco Xuan Hiep Parish. Fr Joseph passed a way on 19/03/2023 at the age of 81.
Father Provincial, Barnabas Le An Phong, was the main celebrant. Concelebrating with him were a large number of Salesian priests and priests of other religious orders. Attending the Mass were members of the Salesian Family, relatives of Father Joseph, and parishioners of Xuan Hiep Parish. In his homily, Father Barnabas described Joseph's departure as a joyful journey home to his Father after he had carried his entire cross on his earthly steps.
Before the end of the Mass, Father Toma Vu Kim Long, Rector of Don Bosco Da Lat Community - where Father Joseph belonged before his death - spoke on behalf of the Community to thank the Community of God's people for having prayed for Father Joseph and held a sacred and fervent funeral Mass.
Next was the farewell ceremony and Father Joseph's coffin was interred at Tan Thinh Parish cemetery, Hoc Mon, Ho Chi Minh City.
- Father Joseph My was born on August 15, 1942 in Nam Định
- August 16, 1962: made his first vows
- 1962-1965: studied philosophy in Hong Kong
- August 8, 1968: made his final profession in Go Vap, Sai gon
- August 8,1972: Ordained a priest in Saigon
- March 19, 2023: passed away at the age of 81