EAO online, 18 November 2021 -- Our online East Asia and Oceania Formation of Formators has been scheduled from 15-19 November. There are two sessions each day, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. Each session lasts for 90 minutes. The time differences have been challenging so we tried to choose the time most convenient for all.
We regret to say that we will have to do this year’s Formation of Formators online instead of face to face in Hua Hin, Thailand as planned, since it is still not possible for everyone to be present for the meeting as well as the amount of time to be spent in hotel quarantine does not make it practical for each one to come. We make the most of the limitations at hand.
During these days the following topics were tackled for the formation of the numerous EAO formators, with many young confreres among the total of 77 registered for this annual event. The whole program is coordinated by Fr. Anthony Dung based in Melbourne (Australia-Pacific province, AUL).
- New Testament Reflection on Mission (Fr. Francis Moloney, AUL)
- Self-care of the formators and formation team (Fr. Greg Bicomong, PGS)
- Formation and Vocation - presentation of AGC 416 (Fr Anthony Dung, AUL)
- Pastoral Orientation of initial formation (Fr Philip Lazatin, THA)
- Salesian Sacrament of Presence - GC28 (Fr Anthony Dung, AUL)
- Formation in Mission (Fr Vaclav Klement, RMG)
- GC28 and Formation (Fr Joseph Phuoc, RMG - EAO Regional Councillor)
- Formation to mission in the digital world (Fr Gildasio dos Santos)
Formation in Mission, one of the main strategies of GC28 was presented by Fr Vaclav (PPT presentation on the Boscolink) with an inspiration of Salesian Missionary Culture 100 years ago (Rectorate of Don Rinaldi) and Today. During an open forum moderated by Br Bosco some of the 50 participants took the opportunity to raise some questions about the missionary volunteers, temporary missionary commitment, missionary formation of our aspirants and others.
We pray for all of our 100+ Salesians involved in the initial or ongoing formation around the Region, that they may be continuously updated and accompany our candidates and young confreres with the Disciple and Missionary heart of Don Bosco!