EAO, 20 October 2021 -- Three months before the second hybrid (online & in-person) edition of the World SF Spirituality Days in January 2022, the EAO Salesian Family steering committee is busy working. What is the main goal? The fruitful participation and involvement of all 16 SF groups in our Region in view of the 14-17 January 2022 online event.
Next year, the SF spirituality days will be held in person at Valdocco, Turin, Italy (13-16 January ) with online involvement all around the world, based on the Strenna 2022 theme: "Do all things through love, nothing through constraint" (St Francis de Sales, 1622-2022)
During the first two meetings, the steering committee comprising 8 members, with the animation of EAO regional councilor, Fr Joseph Phuoc, SDB, discerned the framework of the EAO level Salesian Spirituality Days. During the four day world level event (13-16 January 2022) the EAO region, building on the evaluation of the first online version (2021) will invite the Salesian Family members to do the following:
- Encourage registration of more SF members than in 2021, especially from the 'marginalized groups in the respective provinces' (DB Past Pupils or FMA Past Pupils, senior Salesian Cooperators or senior ADMA and the Michaelites)
- Day 1 (13 Jan) around the Strenna 2022 presentation and Day 4 (16 Jan) with the final Eucharist with the Rector Major will not involve the EAO level events. These are concentrated in two sessions of 2 hours on Day 2 and 3 (14-15 Jan)
- Simultaneous interpretation (LIVE Zoom) will be for all 4 days in the 8 EAO languages (both world and EAO regional level)
- LIVE streaming on the zoom platform in the 8 EAO languages will remain on the 8 respective YouTube channels (EAO Salesian Family) as already happened during the recent DB Past Pupils (June 2021) and ADMA (September 2021) Congresses online
- EAO (14 Jan) regional program: St Francis de Sales and EAO (15 Jan) regional program: Salesian Family Identity Charter
- In order to facilitate more effective registration and organization, the point of reference for each Province or Delegation would be their SDB delegates for the Salesian Family (EAO regional coordinator for the SF - Fr Mario do Rosario Costa, TLS vice-province.
- SF formation houses (especially the SDB!) would be also more deeply involved in the whole preparation process and participation.
Your prayers for the organizers and help for outreach to the currently uninvolved members of the Salesian Family are highly appreciated!
SF Identity Charter related animation materials: