CSJ General House, Rome, 18 July 2021 -- The 18th General Chapter of the Caritas Sisters of Jesus (SCG) was convoked with the letter from Sr Teresia Furuki (Superior General) on Pentecost Sunday 2020, the main theme being: 'Renewed by the Spirit of the Risen Lord All Together for Our Common Home'.
The 3rd largest female Congregation of the Salesian Family, spread across all five continents, has articulated their GC18 theme with a threefold focus:
1. Together protect the integrity of our common home (Creation)
2. Together build the common home (Interculturality)
3. Together become the common home (Family ministry).
Among the 3 main goals of the GC18 is the election of the Superior general and her Council, Discernment of the Apostolic Life and Mission (6 year plan) and tackling some important issues of the Congregation.
Due to pandemic travel restrictions, the GC18 willbe held for the first time in Italy (October 2021) for the period of two weeks, with the final Eucharist celebrated at Turin-Valdocco, in the Basilica of Mary Help of Christians.
The 930 member Congregation is in 16 countries of Asia, Oceania, America, Africa and Europe and is asking the other 31 groups of the Salesian Family for their prayers in this important moment of preparation for the GC18.
- Website (English, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian)
- FB page
- Boscolink - Presentation (ITA-ENG)
Related news articles:
- AustraLasia 5589 (II) Caritas Sisters of Jesus from EAO region to Africa
- AustraLasia 5568 (II) Giving than receiving - Caritas Sister professions 2021
- AustraLasia 5398 (I) Caritas Sister give thanks for vocations in 3 continents