RMG, Rome, 11 August 2020 -- The annual 'Strenna' (life and pastoral direction for the whole Salesian Family) for next year 2021 was presented in the message of the Rector Major posted on the web, dated 2 August 2020: MOVED BY HOPE - 'See, I am making all things new' (Rev 21:5).
A short, five-A4-page message is inspired by a truly Salesian response and life attitude in the current pandemic situation:
"Our message emphasises and insists that faced with this tough and painful reality with its weighty consequences, we continue to express the certainty of being moved by hope: because God in his Spirit continues to make 'all things new'".
Pope Francis invited the world to be infected with "the necessary antibodies of justice, charity and solidarity" for reconstruction after the days of the pandemic." The presentation is divided into 6 points:
1. A world reality that questions us and that we can't ignore
2. Don Bosco is not far from these situations, since he has lived them himself
3. A movement of the Spirit that is able to 'make all things new' (Rev 21:5)
4. A Salesian interpretation of the present moment.
5. Places where we learn and exercise hope
6. Mary of Nazareth, Mother of God, Star of Hope
And the presentation concludes with a short prayer to our Mother:
Mother of God, our Mother,
teach us to believe,
to hope and love with you.
Show us the way to the Kingdom.
Star of the Sea,
shine above us
and guide us on our journey "