Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 24 May 2000 -- "I have been entrusted with the role of animation and support of the Culture of Vocation in the Province. As part of the role there are a few points which I have been exploring as I prepare to support ways to enliven our response to vocation in the Province. We can all however support vocations in our own context.
Here are few practical ways on which to reflect in your context and in your community discussion.
- How can you commit to making vocations a part of your personal and communal prayer and outreach?
- What ways can you work towards building up your own community in a spirit of Christian charity for the good of the Salesian Mission in Australia?
- What aspects of community, prayer and mission can you nurture in order to become more credible witnesses of Salesian consecrated life?
- How and when is there an opportunity to invite young people to your community for a meal or shared prayer service or ministry outreach?
- What commitment could you make to find opportunities to help young people reflect on their vocation?
Food for Thought and Prayer.
- Do you know someone who you think has a potential vocation to religious life in general or Salesian Life?
- Have you discussed with them if they have considered Religious life?
- Are you confident to enter a discussion about a person’s vocation?
- Do you feel free & empowered to invite someone into your community?
- Do you have hope in the possibility of more people wishing to choose religious life even in the context of increasingly secular culture?
- Are there any personal or communal blocks to broaching discussion on or promotion of vocations that you could reflect and pray on?
If you have any feedback as to how you or your community could be supported in promoting Vocations!"