The 2nd Asian Congress of the FMA Past Pupil
By Ms Sabaw Jaawn lu
Myanmar - President of the MHC Past Pupils
Sampran, Thailand, 14 October 2019 -- The 2nd Asian Congress of the FMA Past Pupils opened on 9 October in Sam Phram, with the presence of 97 participants from the 15 FMA Provinces of Asia - Pacific (covering both SDB regions of South Asia and EAO) from the following countries - India, Japan, Korea, the Philippines, Cambodia, Myanmar, Timor Leste, Vietnam, Australia and Thailand. Among the participants were also many FMA sisters - delegates who accompany the Past Pupils of Mary Help of Christians, Sr. Maria Luisa Miranda, FMA General Councilor for the Salesian Family, Sr. Gabriela Patiño, World Delegate; Sr Ratana Agnese, Delegate for Thai Federation and Ms. Manasawee Wongpradu, Confederal Councilor for the Asian region.
The theme of the 2nd Asia - Pacific Congress was: "Open mind, attentive listening, for a future of hope". The colourful opening ceremony was held with a beautiful procession of all the Federations, each with its own characteristics, preceded by a group of young people and Thai children dressed in clothes typical of the Country who accompanied this moment with a dance. The participants also enjoyed the wonderful Thai hospitality during the whole time.
The frame and content of the 2nd Asia - Pacific Congress:
- October 9: Opening ceremony
- October 10: Education and defense of Human Rights, defense of the family and promotion of women in Asia
- Group activity, Assembly with good practices from each country
- October 11: The values of Salesian spirituality in the Asian multi- cultural and multi - religious context.
- Team work, Assembly, Good practice sharing,
- Assembly for approval of the. commitment lines 2019-2021
- October 12: Exploring the Thai culture and religion (one day trip)
- October 13: Summary of. work , presentation of the. Commitment lines
- October 14: (FMA) Delegates and Federation presidents meeting.