By Ms. Leah Samson
FIS Planning and Development Office
Cebu, the Philippines, 25 June 2019 -- From the ASMOAF (Australian Salesian Mission Overseas Aid Fund) until the most recent starts up around our EAO region, there are about 10 'Mission Offices' or 'Planning and Development Offices' that help to sustain the Salesian mission within our region and beyond. With the assistance of the Mission Department the EAO province try to keep the pace in the fast changing world of solidarity.
The East Asia-Oceania Capacity Building Program is a broad development strategy of the EAO Salesian Provinces geared towards building its human resources and institutional capabilities to fully sustain and grow the Salesian works in the local, national, regional, and global scale.
The development interventions are primarily targeted for the Salesian leadership and middle management of the EAO region Provinces. The complementarity of the Salesian and lay mission partners participation allows a richness of perspective, experience, and input that steers the evolving direction.
At its nascent stage, the EAO CBP addresses the widely felt need of (1) establishing and maintaining Mission Offices and/or Planning and Development Offices (PDO) and (2) growing the capabilities of Mission Offices and PDOs in fund raising.
The first event tackles head-on the need to acquire knowledge, skills and attitudes about fundraising, through a workshop entitled "Supercharge Your Fundraising" to be held in Bangkok, Thailand from 26-30 August 2019, a highly interactive five-day workshop delivered in English and open to Salesians and key lay mission partners and fundraising offices in the EAO Region.
As of now there are 13 SDBs and 10 lay mission partners on the participants list. Fr MC George (RMG Mission Department) and Ms Leah Samson (FIS-PDO) are among the main animators. Among the resource persons and resource materials, many secular experts and experiences are included, such as global trends in fundraising (Asia-Oceania region).
The following EAO Salesian fundraising can be found on the web:
- AUL: ASMOAF (Melbourne): https://salesianmissionsaustralia.org.au/; https://www.facebook.com/salesianmissionsaustralia
- FIS: SALESIAN MISSION (Cebu)https://www.facebook.com/dbmfis
- FIN: SALESIAN MISSION (Manila) https://www.facebook.com/SalesianMissionsOfficial/
- GIA: DBK (Tokyo) https://salesio.jp/about/dbk
- KOR: DB Namum (Seoul) http://ibosco.net/notice/89598;
- THA - Cambodia: Don Bosco Children Fund (Phnom Penh) http://donboscokhmer.org/?p=71
- [VIE - Planning and Development office [Ho Chi Minh City]
- 2019 EAO Workshop for Capacity Building in Fundraising
- 2019 Salesian Mission Office International Conference