Wisma Don Bosco and Tigaraksa Don Bosco, Jakarta, Indonesia, 11 June 2019 -- What motivates young Salesians from the I-generation on their vocation journey? Young confreres from two Salesian formation houses in Jakarta - Novitiate (Rector - Novicemaster Fr Andang Silverius) and Postnovitiate (Rector Fr Vincentius Prastowo) share their motivation with simplicity as well as the open questions they have along their vocational journey. Open hearts to share and ask are among the most important conditions for a healthy environment in our formation houses:
What keeps you going as young Salesians on your vocation journey?
- Yes, it's personal prayer.
- Family spirit felt within the Salesian community,
- Jesus Christ present in my life,
- I'm motivated by the intuition of Don Bosco that holiness is close to our ordinary daily life,
- Mother Mary who listens to all my complains - always!
- Serving the young people is my main motivation! But how should I consider Salesians who are not serving young people very much?
- Many Salesian saints in our Family are my daily motivation!
- Relationship with our confreres and young people makes my vocation stronger.
- Young people are motivation for me to stay in my vocation!
Open question of our young Indonesian Salesians
- How can we effectively implement the Preventive system of Don Bosco in the largest Muslim country in the world, Indonesia?
- We need a model of the Salesian Brother among us while we are preparing for perpetual profession!
- How to write an application letter for the missions addressed to the Rector Major?
- After watching the Africa refugee camp video (Salesian Mission Day 2019) I’m asking many questions...
- What should I do when facing a vocation crisis?
- How to face my parents, who don’t understand the Salesian Brother vocation that I’m following?
- How could I face the temptation to chastity?
- Humility is a very important attitude, but how can I become amore humble Salesian?
- How to tell to the young people affected by our technological age, to live a good moral life?
- What makes the missionary vocation happen?
Although we don't find always a clear, or perfect answer to their questions, open dialogue is already a good step forward. There are three formation houses in Indonesia Viceprovince of Saint Louis Versiglia - Prenovitiate (Sumba), Novitiate (Tigaraksa) and Postnovitaite (Jakarta - Sunter).