By GIA SC
Tokyo, Japan, 25 May 2019 -- We are happy to share that the Six Panels about Don Bosco (Life story, Education and Spirituality), that were produced in 2015 for the DB200 anniversary are available under certain condition to all EAO provinces and even beyond. Ms. Eiko Kuriu, the illustrator (manga artist) has given us the permission for secondary use of the illustrations on following conditions.
This is the background of the whole offer:
- Province of Japan would sponsor the cost of this secondary use of the panels.
- Copyrighted work: 6 Panels about Don Bosco (Life story, Education and Spirituality)
- Countries where they will be used: wherever the Salesian Family is present (EAO or even all 136 countries around the world)
- Language to be used: Respective languages
- Number of copies to be distributed: Unlimited (as many as needed may be printed)
- Distribution: Not for sale (may not be sold)
Conditions for production of Don Bosco Panels:
- The illustrations may not be changed without permission of the illustrator
- The illustrations may not be used for purposes other than for display panels without permission of the illustrator
- Credit to the author: Illustrator must be indicated: Illustration copyright (c) Eiko Kuriu 2015
- The data for the different language editions should be produced by the respective Provinces (The Japanese Province will provide translation of the text in English.)
- The data produced in the different Provinces should be submitted to the Japanese Province headquarters
- The Japanese Province will provide the PDF data for printing (illustrations laid out on the panel design)
Ms. Kuriu is very famous among young people in Japan. Her many works are used in advertisements, magazines, books, on television, etc.. Her fashionable and humorous style is popular among the youth.
She is not a Christian and despite being very busy, she willingly accepted to create these illustrations of Don Bosco.
Contact address: email@example.com
Website of the illustrator: http://kuriueiko.com
Full text and conditions for the EAO provinces interested in the manga: https://www.bosco.link/Formation/47907