4th EAO ACSSA Conference on Salesian History opens in Thailand
Sampran, Thailand, 9 February 2019 -- Six years after the 3rd EAO ACSSA Conference in Cebu (FIS) in November 2013, the Salesian Family historians from our 12 EAO provinces are called together, this time to Thailand. The 47 list of 47 participants includes, together with 4 World ACSSA leadership members, 12 SDBs, 14 FMAs, 6 SIHMs, 3 ADMA members, 2 Caritas Sisters of Jesus, 2 Queenship of Mary Sisters, 2 Daughters of the Queenship of Mary, one VDB and two guest speakers - historians from Thailand.
The five day event of the 4th ACSSA EAO Conference on Salesian History with its theme: “Relevant Salesian Figures of the 20th Century in East Asia” begins today, 9 February, in Sampran, Thailand (FMA retreat house).
The following relevant "Salesian figures" from 10 EAO countries are presented:
- Bishop Ignazio Canazei SDB" (China), by Fr Lanfranco Fedrigotti SDB
- Bishop Gaetano Pasotti SDB" (Thailand) by S. Sompong Thabping SIHM
- Sr. Carmela Solari FMA" (Japan) S. Marisa Gambato FMA
- Fr. Fortunato Giacomin SDB" (Myanmar) by Fr Joachim Ye Maung SDB
- Fr Antonio Cavoli and Foundation of Caritas Sisters" (Japan) by Sr Taniguchi Nobuko and Maria Letizia Ono SCG
- Fr. Alfonso Nacher SDB" (Timor Leste), by Fr Manuel Fraile SDB
- Sr. Mirta Mondin FMA" (Korea) by Sr Monica Kim FMA
- Sr. Anna Payong Lattanan and Sr. Rose Moore” (Thailand), by Sr Anna Maria Grassi FMA
- The Servant of God Fr. Carlo Della Torre SDB" (Thailand), by Fr Joseph Banchong Santisukniran SDB
- Fr. Archimede Martelli SDB” (Korea), by F. Raphael Haedong Lee SDB
- Fr. Mario Marega SDB” (Japan), by Fr Stanislaw Zimniak SDB
- Fr. Jose Luis Carreno SDB” (Philippines), by Fr Nestor Impelido SDB
- Sr. Itala Romano FMA - Sr. Ligia Borges FMA (China), by Sr Elena Miravalle FMA:
World ACSSA members also make a contribution
- Fr Francesco Motto SDB: “Different Literary Genres – Critical Approach to Salesian Sources”
- Sr Grazia Loparco FMA: “Salesian figures - Introduction to the critical studies"
- Fr Thomas Achukandam SDB: “Preserving and Passing on the ‘Memory’ in the Salesian Tradition
- Fr Stanislaw Zimniak SDB: On the ISS (Salesian Historical Institute) and ACSSA Publications on Salesian History
The ACSSA (Association of Salesian Historians: Associazione dei Cultori di Storia Salesiana) has already organised already three previous seminars - conferences in our Region: 2004 in Hong Kong (CIN), 2008 in Batulao (FIN) and 2013 in Cebu (FIS).
- AustraLasia 4792 (IV) Path toward the the 2019 EAO Salesian History Seminar
- AustraLasia 2298 (2008) EAO Salesian History Seminar