?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

Salesian Youth Movement

Don-Bosco-lami-des-jeunes_3-1-min.jpg

Of Young People, For Young People

VATICAN CITY: Description of the Salesian Youth Movement (SYM) which appears in the Directory of International Associations of the Faithful, published by the Pontifical Council for the Laity.

Official name: Salesian Youth Movement

Acronym: SYM

Established: 1988

History: SYM was founded on the centenary of the death of Don Bosco, the founder and father of the Salesian family. Don Bosco’s passion for education notwithstanding, he could never have imagined a movement and spirituality for youth in the modern sense of these terms.

However, his educational ideas gave rise to the experience of the oratory, as a meeting place for creating friendship, and fertile ground for stimulating the commitment and activism of young people.

Evidence of this comes from the different forms of youth associations that arose out of his original idea: those “companies” — as he used to call them — to be considered as the “work of the young people themselves,” and which were to develop worldwide until the 1960s.

Following the Second Vatican Council, the Salesians and the Daughters of Mary Help of Christians relaunched Don Bosco’s “preventive system,” seeking new forms of expressing this educational practice based on the Gospel and on reason. It could become a model for all those working in the field of youth education and wishing to use the “memory” of an experience that could be tailored to suit the new conditions in which young people were living.

The subsequent establishment of groups and associations prepared the ground for the possibility of a “movement” in the early 1980s, based on the Salesian spirituality of young people, in communion with the Church and at the service of youth.

Identity: SYM comprises groups and associations which accept the Salesian spirituality and pedagogy. While remaining autonomous in organizational and operational terms, they guarantee a high quality educational presence in the new forms of socialization of young people, animating them to have a meaningful experience of Church life.

As a movement “of young people for young people,” defined by reference to a common spirituality and communication between groups that guarantees the circulation of messages and values, SYM brings together young people from every kind of background, from those who are far from the Church and for whom spirituality is barely a seed, to those who explicitly and consciously take upon themselves the Salesian proposal and apostolic commitment.

One particular purpose of the movement is to form good Christians and honest citizens, apostles of young people, according to the possibilities of each individual, at the school of Don Bosco and Mother Mazzarello.

Organization: SYM has the minimum basic structure to guarantee and coordinate the circulation of the values of Salesian youth spirituality. Each group in the movement is therefore urged to find the most appropriate ways of performing this coordination, bearing in mind the following criteria: incorporation into the local churches, increasing the active participation of young people, analyzing the sociopolitical and cultural environment in which they are working.

Memebership: SYM is present in every country in which there are activities of the Salesians of Don Bosco, Daughters of Mary Help of Christians, and laity who have been educated by them.

Salesian YM Framework of reference (ed. 2014) Salesian Youth Movement

Chapter 6: Salesian Educative and Pastoral Project - Operational Tools (p. 174-177)

frame-of-ref.-cap.-6-page-034.jpg

frame-of-ref.-cap.-6-page-035.jpg

frame-of-ref.-cap.-6-page-036.jpg

frame-of-ref.-cap.-6-page-037.jpg

frame-of-ref.-cap.-6-page-038.jpg

WIKIPEDIA: SALESIAN YOUTH MOVEMENT (ITALIAN)

Il Movimento Giovanile Salesiano (MGS) è il movimento che riunisce i gruppi e le associazioni che si riconoscono nella spiritualità e nell'impegno educativo salesiano.

L'MGS nasce negli anni '70 in Sicilia ed alcuni paesi del Sud America. . In Sicilia i giovani degli oratori salesiani decidono di incontrarsi per condividere le proprie esperienze salesiane e crescere e formarsi insieme nello stile di Don Bosco come uomini e donne, come laici impegnati e come educatori, dando vita a Catania, alla casa Auxilium sull'Etna nell'agosto 1975 al primo convegno regionale degli oratori di Sicilia, l'anno seguente a "La Plaja" di Catania si conia il MOGS (Movimento Giovanile Salesiano) che nel quinto convegno del 1978 diventerà MGS (Movimento Giovanile Salesiano) perché dopo i primi incontri cominciarono a partecipare anche giovani non solo degli oratori, ma di tutti gli ambienti educativi e delle associazioni dei Salesiani e delle Figlie di Maria Ausiliatrice.

Le idee luce che ancora oggi sono alla base del MGS vengono redatte a Palermo e prese in carico ufficialmente nel convegno tenutosi sempre a "La Plaja" nel 1980. Nel 1988 in occasione dei festeggiamenti del centenario della morte di Don Bosco il Rettor Maggiore don Viganò, durante un incontro di giovani provenienti da tutte le case salesiane del mondo, dichiarò ufficialmente che facevano parte del Movimento Giovanile Salesiano mondiale.

Le strutture del MGS nascono in Italia nel 1995, quando dopo un incontro a livello nazionale si prese coscienza di fare parte di un unico grande movimento. Dall'8 al 15 agosto 1995 presso il Colle Don Bosco si tenne un Confronto tra le diverse realtà presenti sul territorio italiano. Alcuni animatori di quell'incontro iniziarono a tessere una serie di rapporti che portò alla nascita della segreteria nazionale. Nel 1998 Massimo Selleri fu eletto primo segretario nazionale del movimento, affiancato da Marco Pappalardo, Italo Canaletti e Michela Picchi.I giovani, insieme ai Salesiani di Don Bosco e alle Figlie di Maria Ausiliatrice arrivarono a stilare il primo documento in cui venivano illustrati i principi su cui si fonda l'MGS.

Fanno parte del MGS giovani e adulti, laici e consacrati che condividono la Spiritualità Giovanile Salesiana (SGS) che ha in Don Bosco il padre e maestro. È una realtà aperta a tutti i ragazzi e i giovani che, vivendo lo stile salesiano nella loro quotidianità e nell'esperienza comunitaria, si lasciano coinvolgere in un cammino educativo di formazione umana e cristiana, il quale sfocia in un impegno concreto di animazione e servizio di "giovani per i giovani".

La struttura, seppur minima, del movimento prevede un organo di assemblea nazionale (consulta nazionale) composto da un coordinatore nazionale (laico), un delegato dei Salesiani (consacrato), una delegata delle Figlie di Maria Ausiliatrice (consacrata) rappresentanti MGS regionali (laici) e rappresentanti delle associazioni civilistiche di stampo salesiano (Cinecircoli Giovanili Socioculturali, Polisportive Giovanili Salesiane (PGS), Salesiani Cooperatori (ASC), Volontarianto Internazionale Donne Educazione Sviluppo (VIDES), Volontariato Internazionale per lo Sviluppo (VIS), Turismo Giovanile Sociale (TGS).

Il MGS promuove:

·       l'educazione dei giovani;

·       la formazione degli animatori attraverso congressi e convegni anche a livello mondiale;

·       progetti di sviluppo per le comunità di giovani in difficoltà (sia italiane sia estere).

MOVIMENTO: perché l'appartenenza dei giovani che si riconoscono nello spirito di don Bosco non è dettata da una "tessera". La singola persona appartiene ad un gruppo o ad un'associazione, gruppi ed associazioni si riferiscono alla SGS e, di conseguenza, si riconoscono appartenenti al MGS.

GIOVANILE:non solo perché è formato da ragazzi, ragazze, e giovani, ma soprattutto per lo stile e per la modalità di animazione e di coinvolgimento che lo caratterizzano. "Amate ciò che amano i giovani, affinché i giovani amino ciò che amate voi", questo è l'insegnamento di don Bosco che ci guida nell'essere giovani per i giovani.

SALESIANO: perché prende l'origine dall'esperienza di don Bosco e madre Mazzarello portando i giovani a vivere la Spiritualità Giovanile Salesiana. I Salesiani, le Figlie di Maria Ausiliatrice e gli altri membri della Famiglia Salesiana li aiutano a crescere nel quotidiano, affiancandoli e condividendo quel cammino che ha come meta la santità.

1. Salesian Parish 21st Century - RM 2022

Salesian Parish Dream for 21st Century   For the 2800 parish priests and their communities, lay mission partners   FOR DOWNLOAD:  PDF: ENG - The parish and the shrine entrusted to the salesians LR.pdf PPT:   
    Date2022.01.13 Byvaclav Views1749
    Read More
  2. Global Compact on Education

Global Compact on Education Inspired by Pope Francis    2021   Dear Friend   Here is the official document on Global Compact on Educational suggestions placed by Pope Francis in a meeting of 450 Leaders of education globally. I was fortunate...
    Date2021.12.07 Byvaclav Views1189
    Read More
  3. Season of Creation 2021: EAO

Season of Creation 2021 (Sept 1 - Oct 4) Cambodia - Tent of the COMMON HOME   For download Guide: 2021-SOC-Full-Guide.pdf (Vatican) eao_soc.pdf (EAO Eco team)   Laudato Si Rosary Rosary Laudato si.zip 20210901_082631.pdf              
    Date2021.08.11 Byvaclav Views4377
    Read More
  4. DBGA - Salesian Eco Campus

Don Bosco Eco-campus Benchmarks                
    Date2021.06.05 Byvaclav Views12426
    Read More
  5. UN Decade on Ecosystem Restoration (2030)

United Nations 2030   Practical Guide            
    Date2021.06.05 Byvaclav Views16341
    Read More
  6. Laudato Si Action Platform 2021-2027

Laudato Si Year - Action Plan Platform 2021-2027: 7 year period     Related materials for the 7 year Action Plan    Press conference (Vatican, May 26, 2021) Laudato Si Platform 2021-2027.pdf Laudato Si Platform 2021-2027.docx     Laudato Si ...
    Date2021.05.27 Byvaclav Views34696
    Read More
  7. World Youth Day in the diocese (2021 Guidelines)

World Youth Day Celebrations in the diocese (Vatican 2021) For download:  WYD around the world-Francis.pdf WYD around the world-Francis.docx  
    Date2021.05.18 Byvaclav Views6521
    Read More
  8. The Earth Day 2021

The Earth Day 2021 (EAO ECO TEAM)   Mongolia Salesian youth art (2021)     Korean Catholic Environment Movement - Novena before 2021 Earth Day
    Date2021.04.16 Byvaclav Views12478
    Read More
  9. Catechesis Directory (ed. 2020-Vatican) study edition FIN

Catechesis Directory 2020 - Study Edition Word and Life (FIN - Manila)        
    Date2021.03.01 Byvaclav Views11703
    Read More
  10. Laudato Si Resource (PNG 2021)

Laudato Si Resource Book   PNG Bishops Conference February 2021   For download: PNG_Laudato Si resource 2021.pdf    
    Date2021.02.18 Byvaclav Views13465
    Read More
  11. Salesian Youth Movement - Timor Leste 2021

By Macha Cruz SYM Animator, Dili-RDTL   Full text of the SYM VIDEO 2021 NARATIVE TEXT (SYM TL).docx      
    Date2021.02.02 Byvaclav Views11610
    Read More
  12. Salesian Youth Movement Message RM 2021

Message to the Young People (SYM - Salesian Youth Movement)   January 31, 2021 Rector Major   SYM Message 2021.docx ​​​​​​​(For download)       My dear young people, joy is a central element in the life of a Christian.   My heartfelt greetin...
    Date2021.01.30 Byvaclav Views844
    Read More
  13. EAO DBGA Eco Team - presentation

East Asia - Oceania (ECO team: DB Green Alliance) 2020-2021   ECO team monthly meetings:   2020, Dec 10:  2021, Jan 19 2021, Feb 15 2021, Mar ....   DBGA new priorities (2021) including the RM's guideline n.8   Special dates possible to cons...
    Date2020.12.10 Byvaclav Views1003
    Read More
  14. Accompaniment of the Young people

Accompaniment of the Young people   UPS - Prof Michal Vojtas: Salesian Encounter - Accompaniment The_Art_of_Salesian_Encounter_Accompanim.pdf Vojtas-Salesian Accompaniment ENG.doc   Listening the young: FMA experience Paula Casalis-Listening...
    Date2020.12.03 Byvaclav Views5586
    Read More
  15. GC28-Guidelines 8: Accompany the Young towards a sustainable future

General Chapter 28: Guideline n.8 Rector Major (Acts n. 433 - August 2020)         8. ACCOMPANYING THE YOUNG TOWARDS A SUSTAINABLE FUTURE       We recognise that the focus on a sustainable future is a cultural conversion, not a fashion, and ...
    Date2020.11.12 Byvaclav Views750
    Read More
  16. Youth work in Hong Kong

Youth Work in Hong Kong - Asia   For download:   Religion - spiritulity in youth work (by Peter Newberry) CIN-HK Peter N Religion Spirituality Socal Work.pdf
    Date2020.09.11 Byvaclav Views10641
    Read More
  17. DB Green Alliance 2020 - Season of Creation (Sep1-Oct 4)

The Season of Creation 2020 (Sept 1 - Oct 4)     Message of Pope Francis Francis-Message 2020 Season of Creation ENG.docx   Message of Patriarch Bartholomew (Orthodox Church) Bartholomew I-Day of Creation 2020 message ENG.docx ​​​​​​​   Don ...
    Date2020.08.25 Byvaclav Views1333
    Read More
  18. EAO Vocation ministry 2020

EAO - Vocation Ministry 2020   EAO Vocation ministry 2020 - summary (September 24) EAO-Vocation Ministry Survey 2020 summary.pdf   SDB - Need of Vocation Ministry (GC28, 51...) 2008 SDB-General Chapter26-Need for Vocation Ministry.docx     E...
    Date2020.08.10 Byvaclav Views785
    Read More
  19. Parish - The Pastoral Conversion

The pastoral conversion   of the Parish community in the service of the evangelising mission of the Church   Vatican - Congregation for the Clergy June 2020   For download Instruction-Parish 2020 ENG.pdf Instruction-Parish 2020 ENG.docx  
    Date2020.07.22 Byvaclav Views15034
    Read More
  20. Educating like Don Bosco (Carlo de Ambrogio)

Educate like Don Bosco (Educare come Don Bosco, by Carlo de Ambrogio) 1965 - Italian Salesian Bulletin   ITA: Educhiamo come DB(origin).pdf (volume II)   ENG: Educating Like Don Bosco.pdf  (volume I) ENG: Educating like Don Bosco vol 2.pdf (...
    Date2020.05.22 Byvaclav Views5261
    Read More
Board Pagination Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
/ 6