Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

Vojtas-Salesian Pedagogy cover+.jpg

For download: Vojtas-Pedagogy after DB digital.pdf

ANS - Rome) - The volume "Salesian Pedagogy after Don Bosco - from the First Generation up to the Synod on Young People (1888-2018)" is available in the 5 main languages in use in the Salesian Family. The author is Michal Vojtáš, Vice-Rector of the Pontifical Salesian University, professor of Salesian history and pedagogy at the Faculty of Educational Sciences, and director of the Don Bosco Study Center.

It is an itinerary that highlights the pedagogical orientations and choices that have gradually taken shape in a great variety of educational-pastoral experiences carried out by Salesian generations in the different epochs and contexts that have followed one another in the 140 years from Don Bosco's death to the recent synod of young people in October 2018.

The proposed itinerary captures how in each epoch the pedagogical legacy of Don Bosco has given new impulses and at the same time received stimuli generating new ideas, placing different accents, sometimes leaving out aspects that instead become important in another moment or context.

It is an outline of life, beyond simply documenting what happened. It becomes a precious aid for those attracted by the spiritual pedagogical heritage of Don Bosco and who are interested in understanding the evolution of his charism, to fully understand its potential and relevance for our time.

These are the chapters into which the 481-page book is divided:

1. Statements on pedagogy by the first Salesian generation

2. A practical pedagogy of osmosis

3. Adverse times call for disciplined fidelity

4. Vatican II: Before, during, after

5. Planning and animation

6. New evangelisation and education for the third millennium

On the last page before the index, we find this commentary by Fr. Pascual Chávez, Rector Major Emeritus of the Salesians of Don Bosco:

“I would like to conclude this afterword to Fr Michal Vojtáš’s book by congratulating him on this valuable treasure that he brings not only to the UPS, but to the whole Congregation. It will give us the opportunity to better see the path taken by Salesian pedagogy, current challenges and what is expected of us today. I thank you for the opportunity you have given me to read your book, which I have really enjoyed reading and which has done me much good, as I am sure it will do to all those who will have it in hand, and my opinion of it could not be better: excellent! I hope that the book will be very well received and arouse the desire to continue reflecting on Salesian pedagogy, the priceless legacy left to us by Don Bosco for the effectiveness of our educative and pastoral presence among the young.”

It is a new and promising reference point for Salesian studies, accessible and downloadable in the digital PDF version at the following hyperlinks from Salesian On-Line Resources, edited by the Don Bosco Study Center, for the English and French versions.

1. Flash 5: First Proclamation in Youth Ministry

2. Salesian Oratory and Youth Center (2023 Guidelines)

3. Season of Creation 2023

4. Laudato Si Week 2023 - The Letter and Don Bosco Green Alliance

5. Youth Ministry Animation 2022-2023

6. Vocation Animation 2023

7. Youth models - young Salesian saints

8. WYD 2023 Lisbon and SYM

9. Salesian Pedagogy (1888-2018) by Michal Vojtas

10. FIN - Resource book for the Young published 2023

11. Salesian Social Work World Congress 2022 (2)

12. Salesian Vocational Guidance - Acts 438 (2022)

13. Project related virtues (SEPP) Prof Vojtas-UPS

14. Salesian Youth Movement - presentation

15. Salesian 'Integral Ecology' Positioning Paper 2022

16. Laudato Si Movement Prayer Book

17. Australia-Youth Off the Streets

18. Salesian Social Work World Congress - Valdocco 2022 (1)

19. Salesian Pedagogy of Vocation _ Vojtas Michal

20. 2022 Laudato Si Week

Board Pagination Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
/ 6