Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 593 Comment 0
ALA_5496

20201029_PGS.jpg

By Sr. Fatima Mafu

DBTI Boroko, PNG 29 Ocotber 2020 -- 32 students of the 4th year Education Batch gathered together at the Emmaus Conference Centre, Boroko on23-24 October for their Spiritual Retreat. The Retreat was animated by the Don Bosco Technological Institute Pastoral Team. The students were welcomed by Sr. Aniceta Saligumba fma at the registration corner, given their name tag, a program handout and a place to stay.

At 5.00 pm all moved to the conference hall for a time of praise and worship. Fr Gilbert Pano sdb gave the participants the final instruction of the retreat. Fr Ambrose Pereira sdb then led the students into an atmosphere of prayer, reflection and meditation. During the mediation he challenged the students to let go of external distractions and addictions and experience inner peace. ‘What would you like to let go off?’ he said. In response to that invitation, students who had electronic devices surrendered them to their patrons. In the silence of their hearts some were able to release addictions that have kept them enslaved.

The highlight of the Retreat was the reflection on the Theme: ‘Protect Creation, Respect Life’. Mr Jojo Siriban enabled the students see the destruction caused by mining and industrial development. “The sight of diminishing creatures and the exploitation of natural habitats in the name of development, provoked uneasiness in every student making them think deeply about what is happening toward Mother Earth”, he said. “The way we treat the earth is the way we treat our mothers. So, let’s appreciate the natural flora and fauna that God has blessed us with”, said a student.

Reflecting on their Relationships in Life at the interactive session by Fr Ambrose Pereira sdb and Mr Terrance Tuohik, the students realized that fidelity, lifelong commitments, sacrifice and respect were values that they need to develop.

Fr Alex Garcias sdb, the Rector with the song, entitled: ‘It’s the climb’, by Miley Cyrus challenged the students to reflect on the mountains that they need to climb in their lives. “The presentation of Fr. Alex has touched me deeply. I have faced many hurdles in my life. The road has been rough, slippery and crooked. I realize that the climb will keep me strong and enable me to reach my destination”, said Noah Bisam.

“The retreat was a time to reflect, reconnect and rejuvenate ourselves with our God who awaits and longs for our return. The students appreciated this unique time of reflection and prayer and have taken on resolutions that will bring about a positive change in their lives”, reflected Sr Fatima Mafu.

Gratitude to Fr Gilbert Pano sdb, Mr Jojo Siriban, Mr Francis Gemo, Mr Terence Tuohik and the Pastoral Team for a well-organized retreat.

20201029_PGS1.jpg

20201029_PGS2.jpg

20201029_PGS3.jpg

20201029_PGS4.jpg
Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )