?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
ALA_5491

20201023_MYM.jpg

By Fr. Camillus Suan

Hsipaw, Northern Shan State Myanmar, 23 October 2020 -- We would like to share some news from our Salesian Aspirantate - Prenovitiate Community, Hsipaw (diocese of Lashio) Myanmar. This school year we have 4 priests, one deacon and one Salesian to be ordained as a deacon, one practical trainee and 12 aspirants - prenovices. The aspirants - prenovices hail from different parts of the country, and belong to different dioceses and tribes. Half of them are from Salesian settings and half are from non-Salesian backgrounds. Their ages are between 18 and 25. Only two of them are College graduates and the rest are still doing their College studies. There are some 10 other candidates who want to join us this year, but due to the Covid-19 pandemic restrictions we are not able to accept them yet. We will try our best to welcome them as soon as possible.

Two of our candidates share their vocation motivation and background:

"First contact with the Salesians was on the occasion of the National Youth Congress held at Nazareth, Salesian premises in Anisakan, and seeing the Salesians so active, dynamic, systematic, enthusiastic in animating thousands of young people attracted me and motivated me to become a Salesian. I'm here with the Salesian community to discern my vocation, to learn more about Don Bosco and Salesian consecrated life. My dream is to share what I am and what gifts I have with the young especially with the poorer ones." (John Joseph, 25 years, College graduate from Mawlamyaing diocese a non-Salesian parish)

"I come from Man Pan village with 67 Catholic families, Don Bosco - Salesian parish, 15 miles away from Hsipaw and whenever the priests and nuns go to my village, my grandparents and parents have been taking care of food and lodging for several years. Since my childhood onwards I have been in contact with the Salesians which attracted and motivated me to become like Salesians, especially with their joyful, simple and approachable manners. My dream is to uplift the integral development of the poor youth like Don Bosco." (David, 18 years, College student, Lisu tribe, Hsipaw parish)

Hsipaw (or Thibaw) is a small town on the way to Lashio (center of our diocese), where we are entrusted with a large parish spread around many villages around, with a boarding house for school students and the initial formation house of aspirants - prenovices.

We invite all AustraLasia readers to pray for the formators and candidates to Salesian consecrated life in Myanmar!

Related news articles:

20201023_MYM1.jpg

20201023_MYM2.jpg

20201023_MYM3.jpg
Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5805(II)_Don Bosco K’Long Youth: GET STARTED to GO TOGETHER

By Petersmile, SDB Don Bosco K’Long, Vietnam, 15 May 2022 -- On Saturday, 7 May 2022, Don Bosco K’Long Youth Ministry together with youth groups and students started to ‘GO TOGETHER with the Church’. They met young p...
    Date2022.05.15 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views613 file
    Read More
  2. 5805(I)_Organic Agricultural Production a way to protect the environment

By Don Bosco Training Center, San Jose, Nueva Ecija Nueva Ecija, Northern Philippines, 16 May 2022 -- The diocese of San Jose, in Nueva Ecija northern Philippines, is in a region which is known as the country’s rice granary. Rice is t...
    Date2022.05.15 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views1140 file
    Read More
  3. 5804(IV)_Salesian Family Novena 2022 to Mary Help of Christians

World, May 12 2022 -- As part of the solid Salesian charismatic tradition, the 2022 Salesian Family Novena to Mary Help of Christians is available with a daily animating video (ANS news agency YOUTUBE) in 5 languages. The 44-page accompanyi...
    Date2022.05.12 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views941 file
    Read More
  4. 5804(III)_INA: The First Visit Crowned by Golden Jubilee

By David Olin, SDB Wisma Salesian Don Bosco Jakarta, Indonesia, 11 May 2022 -- On 24 April, Fr. Joseph Phuoc, SDB (EAO Regional) visit INA vice-province for the first time. He arrived at Wisma Salesian Don Bosco, Post-novitiate in the eveni...
    Date2022.05.12 CategoryINA Reply0 Views660 file
    Read More
  5. 5804(II)_Salesian Youths celebrate Synodailty

By Fr. Robinson Parappilly, SDB Tetere, Solomon Islands (PGS), 11 may 2022 -- More than 150 young people of Christ the King Parish Tetere, Solomon Islands, came together for three days from 6-8 May 2022, for a weekend of youthful celebratio...
    Date2022.05.12 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views462 file
    Read More
  6. 5804(I)_Mission: Reaching out to the peripheries

"Mifala laek tok tenkiu lo Don Bosco" By Br. Anthony Bataigela Wale, SDB Henderson, Solomon Islands (PGS), 11 May 2022 -- The Don Bosco Technical Institute in Henderson, Solomon Islands, organized a food distribution on Thursday 5 May 2022....
    Date2022.05.12 Reply0 Views460 file
    Read More
  7. 5803(III)_Visitation of The RM to Narivittaya School of the SIHM Sisters

By THA SC Ratchaburi, Thailand, 9 May 2022 -- On 6 May 2022, at 12.30 hrs., the Rector Major, together with the Provincials of the EAO Region and their Councils, visited Narivittaya School and Bann Bann Ponpatchara hathainiramon of the SIHM...
    Date2022.05.09 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views680 file
    Read More
  8. 5803(II)_Retracing the Salesian Missions in Thailand

By THA SC Bang Nok Khwaek, Samut Songkhram, Thailand, 9 May 2022 -- In the morning of 6 May 2022, Fr. Angel Fernandez Artime, the Rector Major, together with the Provincials of the EAO Region and their Councils numbering about 50 persons, v...
    Date2022.05.09 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views650 file
    Read More
  9. 5803(I)_Giant of Sanctity

By Mr. Leo Paraha Photographs: Kean Zusula, Jethro, Randell and Br Peter Khai Gabutu, Port Moresby, PNG, 9 May 2022 -- "Giant of Sanctity" was the inspirational message highlighted during the celebration of the Feast of St. Dominic Savio he...
    Date2022.05.09 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views642 file
    Read More
  10. 5802(III)_A time of grace for the EAO region

By THA SC Hua-Hin, Thailand 7-12 May, 2022 -- The Provincials of all the Salesian Provinces, Vice-Provinces and Delegations of the EAO Region, with the members of their Councils, have begun the Spiritual Exercises guided by the Rector Major...
    Date2022.05.08 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views881 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 533 Next
/ 533