Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
ALA_5501

20201104_WOR.jpg

By Cl. Jean Paul Mutombo
Congolese missionary in Malta

Crocetta, Turin, Italy, 4 November 2020 -- October - the traditional missionary month - is already over, but shortly it will be 11 November - the departure day of the first Salesian missionaries, and that means a special day for some Salesian provinces. There is good news from the largest Salesian formation house in Europe - Crocetta Theologate in Turin, Italy (Rector Fr Marek Chrzan) with a dynamic missionary group.

The first story concerns the celebration of MISSION WEEK in the theologate:

Around the World Mission Sunday we organized a whole Missionary Week. Due to the pandemic restrictions we were not able to have an outreaching experience, but we managed quite well: First we welcomed Fr. George Chalissery, current vice-rector of the Basilica of Mary Help of Christian at Valdocco, an Indian missionary in East Africa (twice provincial - first in AFE province (Sudan, South Sudan, Tanzania and Kenya) and then in ZMB province (Zambia, Zimbabwe, Malawi and Namibia). Fr George presided at the community Eucharist on Monday and then after dinner shared his experience with our missionary group. At the same time a simple missionary exhibition of various cultural items was set up in the community to express the multi-cultural character of our formation community. Moreover during the whole week our members shared a short profile of Salesian missionaries with the whole community every day before Vespers. Then on Thursday a Missionary Rosary was organised in different languages. The missionary group members are preparing themselves to respond one day to the cry of the poor not only in the future, but already in our daily life in the formation house.

Second story is a personal account of the MISSIONARY GROUP EXPERIENCE:

When I arrived in Turin three years ago after my practical training in Romania, I had a strong desire to deepen my missionary vision and spirit, so typical for our Congregation. And I was really surprised to find among the community animation teams also the missionary group. This made me very curious and I didn't hesitate to join it immediately.

Our Crocetta missionary group is open to all confreres who feel the call of Pope Francis for an 'outreaching Church'. Taking advantage of our international community composition, also our missionary group is composed of Salesians from five continents, some of us had already had the chance to give their life to the young people in a mission land as missionaries ad gentes.

The aim of our missionary group is to raise community awareness of all confreres to the missions by animating the whole community with testimonial meetings of invited missionaries (those who pass through Valdocco). Our strong period of the year is the Advent and Lenten season when we go through the city of Turin for an 'outreaching experience' among the poor or animate the community prayers with particular missionary spirit (Eucharist, Adoration or the Rosary).

We would also like to know the experience of other missionary groups in formation houses around the worldwide Salesian Congregation!

Related news articles:

20201104_WOR.jpg

20201104_WOR1.jpg

20201104_WOR2.jpg

20201104_WOR3.jpg

20201104_WOR4.jpg

20201104_WOR5.jpg
Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5844(IV)_How to become Leaven in the Human Family

Valdocco, Italy, 2 August 2022 -- As is the case every year, at the end of July the Successor of Don Bosco presented the Strenna for the following year 2023, to make possible good planning for the next educative and pastoral year 2022-2023,...
    Date2022.08.02 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views496 file
    Read More
  2. 5844(III)_Catechetical Seminar In The Thai Salesian Family

"Teaching Catechism Amidst Morality Crisis That Challenges the Faith of Thai Youth" By THA SC Bangkok, Thailand, 2 August 2022 -- On 29 July 2022, the Commission on Catechetics of the Salesian Family under the leadership of Fr. Andrew Ekasi...
    Date2022.08.02 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views929 file
    Read More
  3. 5844(II)_The Death Anniversary Mass of Father Peter Pham Van Chinh

By Viet SC Vietnam, 2 August 2022 -- It has been one year since the day God called out His very silent call to Father Peter Pham Van Chinh in the context of the Covid 19 epidemic. On July 29, 2022, Vietnam Province respectfully prayed for h...
    Date2022.08.02 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views519 file
    Read More
  4. 5844(I)_Practical insights into Social Communications

By Fr. Ambrose Pereira, SDB Social Communications secretary Gabutu, Port Moresby, PNG, 02 August 2022 -- Don Bosco Technical School, Gabutu Salesian Educators participated in an interactive in-service session on 28 July 2022 entitled: &lsqu...
    Date2022.08.02 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views442 file
    Read More
  5. 5843(IV)_Seminar for New Teachers in Salesian Schools

By Fr.Smith Daengampan Hua Hin, Thailand, 31 July 2022 -- On 28-30 July 2022, the Commission on Salesian Schools in Thailand, under the chairmanship of Fr Smith Daengampan, together with the heads of the various Salesian schools, organized ...
    Date2022.07.31 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views612 file
    Read More
  6. 5843(III)_Salesian Sisters (FMA) mark their 150th anniversary - August 6, 2022

FMA 30 July 2022 -- During Don Bosco's lifetime 5 groups of the Salesian Family were founded: Salesians of Don Bosco (1859), ADMA - Association of Mary Help of Christians (1869), Past Pupils of Don Bosco (1870), FMA -Salesian Sisters (1...
    Date2022.07.31 CategoryFMA Reply0 Views989 file
    Read More
  7. 5843(II)_The Salesian Province of Don Bosco Vietnam celebrates Provincial Community Day

By Viet SC DB Xuan Hiep, Thus Doc, Vietnam 31 July 2022 -- On July 30, 2022, at Don Bosco Xuan Hiep community, Thu Duc, Don Bosco Vietnam Salesian Province joyfully gathered to celebrate Provincial Community Day. In the spirit of the Consti...
    Date2022.07.31 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views594 file
    Read More
  8. 5843(I)_Myanmar SDBs blessed with a new Deacon

By A Maung Maung SDB Anisakan, Pyin Oo Lwin, Myanmar, 30 July 2022 -- On June 29 2022, at 7:00 a.m. (local time), the Vice-Province of Myanmar was blessed with another newly ordained Salesian Deacon, Henry Go Lam Thang, SDB, at the Shrine o...
    Date2022.07.31 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views537 file
    Read More
  9. 5842(II)_How many Salesians in our Region?

EAO, 28 July 2022 -- Statistics are not just numbers. Behind the numbers are names, personal vocation and mission stories. We are glad we have one expert statistician at the service of the whole Congregation. Twice during the General Chapte...
    Date2022.07.29 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views715 file
    Read More
  10. 5842(I)_Summer Camp at Don Bosco Tac Van Parish

By Viet SC DB Tac Van, Ca Mau, Vietnam, 28 July 2022 -- On July 25, 2022, Don Bosco Tac Van Parish (Ca mau) held a camp to officially close the summer program with the theme "Let's have fun together". The number of Catholics and childre...
    Date2022.07.29 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views919 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 536 Next
/ 536