PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 492 Comment 0
ALA_5530

20201211_FMA.jpg

By Sr Cecilia Park Hyunju, FMA
Korean FMA missionary in Canada

Surrey, Vancouver, Canada, 10 December 2020 -- "COVID-19 makes us create many new ways also in the Salesian mission here in Surrey-Vancouver, Canada, where Sr Cecilia, FMA arrived some 15 months ago as a new missionary. She shares on her Facebook pages:

Special Christmas Cards

Our parish children (Our Lady of Good Counsel) preparing for the Confirmation also need a different activity for their Confirmation Service instead of visiting the elderly. A Very Special Christmas Card, is a Christmas card for children to fill in the pages given with the Scripture words, their prayers, and concern for their neighbors. It is not a card that ends with writing a simple Christmas greeting in minutes, but a spiritual gift that is completed after preparing and praying with their family during Advent. I hope our children can understand and practice their Christian mission through this little sharing.

First hand made Advent Wreath

I prepared this gift with all my heart for some days to illuminate the way of the Lord, and decorated this wreath all day long. At the beginning of the Mass on the first Sunday of Advent, I shed tears of emotion in my heart as I watched the priest bless it. The Lord knows how I gladly prepared and arranged it, and how many sacrifices I made without anyone knowing. If I had not been a missionary, and if I had been in Korea, I would never have had a chance to make it with my own hands. The Lord has given me a new way and opportunity to please Him and serve His people, here in Surrey. I find new ways to love the Lord that I have never imagined in the past, here in Surrey - Our Lady of Good Counsel Parish.

[NB: And the parishioners appreciate with the reply on the FB page]

Our Lady of Good Counsel

This is the name of our parish and our religious community. Unlike other communities in our FMA province of USA-Canada of Saint Joseph, headquarters in Haledon (New Jersey, USA) located in the East, we are a unique community located on the Western Coast. This Salesian parish opened about 60 years ago, and the first three Salesian Sisters were sent to Surrey, Metro Vancouver, just 3 years ago. Our parish is a huge multicultural community made up of many ethnic groups, with a renovated infrastructure, welcoming many old and young, especially migrants who feel here at home.

A new missionary after 15 months

There are still many homeless people in this city, and they sometimes spend the night close to our Church. Without having big dreams and realizing them in my country, I experience as a new missionary many limitations and differences here, but I know that starting with small things is the best I can do. I decided to make scarves with some children for the neighbors living on the streets and humbly asked a few people to donate knitting yarns and needles. Thankfully, yarns started to gather in my basket, and I began knitting. I don't know how many yarns will be donated or how many scarves will be made, but it doesn't matter. Didn't the miracle of Jesus even begin with just five loaves and two fish?"

With the best wishes of a Joy-filled journey towards Christmas 2020!

The community of Surrey (Metro Vancouver) is located in the Western part of Canada, British Columbia. There is one multicultural SDB community since 1974 (Rector Fr George Atok and 4 other confreres from India, Poland, Philippines and USA) and one FMA multicultural community since 2017 (Directress Sr Antoni Cedrone and three sisters).

Sr Cecilia Park, FMA is a Korean missionary ad gentes serving in Canada since 2019 (FMA province of Easter USA-Canada)in the Parish of Our Lady of Good Counsel (Surrey-Vancouver)

20201211_FMA1.jpg

20201211_FMA2.jpg

FMA-KOR-Canada-Park-Cecilia.jpg

KOR_FMA-in-Rome-Christmas-2017.jpg

KOR-FMA-2017-missionary-exped.jpg

KOR-Park-FMA-in-Rome-missionary.jpg

Surrey-Advent-wreath-2020-Cecilia.jpg

Surrey-FMA-virtual-oratory-2020.jpg

Surrey-OLGC-Oct-2020.jpg

Surrey-OLGC-parish.jpg
Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 6276_Celebrations for Don Bosco Hanoi

By Paul Minh Luận, SDB Hanoi- Vietnam, 1 February 2024 -- On 31 January, the Salesian Family of the North met at Don Bosco Van Phuc community to share Strenna 2024, celebrating the Feast of Don Bosco. The Regional Superior, Father Joseph Ng...
    Date2024.02.02 CategoryVIN Reply0 Views69 file
    Read More
  2. 6275_FIS - Celebrating St John Bosco

By Josh Andrey Din ArchSOLL, Cebu City, 1 February 2024 -- On 31 January 31 2024, members of the Salesian Youth Movement with its nine sodalities celebrated the feast day of St. John Bosco through games and food. Participants played modifie...
    Date2024.02.01 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views58 file
    Read More
  3. 6274_Empowering Education: DBTI Joins Catholic Schools in Teacher’s Commissioning Mass

By Patrina Kaboanga Boroko, Port Moresby, PNG 1 February 2024 -- Don Bosco Technological Institute (DBTI), Boroko, joined fifty-two (52) other Catholic agency schools belonging to the Archdiocese of Port Moresby at St Joseph Parish church, ...
    Date2024.02.01 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views82 file
    Read More
  4. 6273_150th anniversary of the Salesian Missions: a primer for the Salesian Community

By the Missions Sector team Give Thanks: We give thanks to God for the gift of missionary vocation, which enables the sons of Don Bosco today to reach out to poor and abandoned youth in 136 countries. Rethink: This is an opportune occasion ...
    Date2024.01.31 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views131 file
    Read More
  5. 6272_DBES Common Salesianity Formation

By Miss Rosene Apurado, HOD- Technical & RE/PD/Sports Department, Caritas Technical Secondary School Don Bosco Technical Institute- East Boroko, 31 January 2024 -- In the dynamic scope of education, where methodologies evolve, and philo...
    Date2024.01.31 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views37 file
    Read More
  6. 6271_Salesian Aspirants Stage ‘Dream’ Academy

By FIN-CSCom News Service Photos by Mr. John Villafania 30 January 2024, Laguna, the Philippines -- The Don Bosco Aspirantate Formation House community staged an academy entitled “Libre Lang Mangarap” (It's Free to Dream) in...
    Date2024.01.31 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views44 file
    Read More
  7. 6270_Synod of Bishops Secretary General Visits DB Mandaluyong

By FIN-CSCom News Service DBTC Mandaluyong, Manila, The Philippines, 30 January 2024 -- Don Bosco Technical College (DBTC) in Mandaluyong welcomed Cardinal Mario Grech, Secretary General of the Synod of Bishops, on 26 January 2024. Cardinal...
    Date2024.01.30 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views49 file
    Read More
  8. 6269_60 Years of Don Bosco Church - Bangkok and Salesian Family Day

By THA SC Bangkok, Thailand, 29 January 2024 -- On 27 January 2024, the Salesian confreres, the Salesian Family, and the faithful, numbering 600 people in all, celebrated the 60th year of the establishment of Don Bosco Church - Bangkok. H.E...
    Date2024.01.29 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views196 file
    Read More
  9. 6268_50 Years of the Catholic Community of Chumphon (1973-2023)

By THA SC Chumphon, Thailand, 29 January 2024 -- On 27 January 2024, the Church of the Conversion of St. Paul, Chumphon Province, led by Fr. Nopphorn Joseph SDB, the pastor, and the faithful, celebrated the 50 years of the community of fait...
    Date2024.01.29 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views245 file
    Read More
  10. 6267_FIS - ArchSOLL hosts e-Sports Tournament

By ArchSOLL Youth Correspondence ArchSOLL Youth Center, Cebu City, Philippines, 25 January 2024 -- The Archdiocesan Shrine of Our Lady of Lourdes, as part of its festivities of the Parish Fiesta this coming February 11, hosted the first e-S...
    Date2024.01.29 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views65 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 533 Next
/ 533