Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
FMA
2019.05.27 04:27

5100(I)_Youth Camp Cambodia

Views 1320 Comment 0

20190527_FMA.jpg

Don Bosco School-Teuk Thla

By Sr. Lohrii Ophriini, FMA

Phnom Penh, Cambodia, 18 May 2019 -- Last May 17-18 the Salesian Sisters held a Youth Camp at Don Bosco School-Teuk Thla where more than 225 young participated. The goal of the camp was to guide the young to begin to live a life of discerning one’s Purpose in life through a discovery of the beauty within. One of the participants shares her experience. Ms. Sun Sitha, grade 11 student of Don Bosco High School – Teuk Thla:

"It was on 17 and 18 of May 2019, I participated in the youth camp at school. First I did not know what the camp was about or how it looks like. I wondered so many things about the camp. So I decided to sign up with some of my classmates to get more knowledge about it.

It was my first time and extremely amazing experiences that I have never had before. I just spent only 10000 riels. But I got so many experiences by learning new things from sisters. I appreciate the slogan “Dig in the Treasure within … Share” which was the main topic of the camp. Sisters described and explained to us about the talent we have. Sisters said, ‘everyone has talent, but sometimes we simply ignore our talent because it seems an ordinary thing to us. We have talents, and it is there, even if we haven't realized what it is. We may have been using it for years, it may be completely untouched. Just we need to work hard to find because it is there, hidden deep in our souls trying each and every second to shine out to the world.

After the camp, I got to know who I am and what my talent was. I also knew a lot of people from other FMA Don Bosco schools of Toul Kork (Phnom Penh), Battambang, and Teuk-Thla (Phnom Penh). I talked to strangers, young people like me and spent time together, dancing like dancers on the stage. It was the best time ever. I also had breakfast, lunch, dinner with them like a big family. And prayed before dinner and had lots of self-reflection and sharing and then we became peers.

Finally, I'd like to say thanks to sisters for organizing the camp at our school."

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5870(II)_Freedom is Personal responsibility

Celebrating 47 years of Freedom By Kristoffa Ephraim, Luther Kuelinad and John Kawapuro Gabutu, Port Moresby, PNG, 20 September 2022 -- Dressed in their red, black, white, and gold colors the Salesians, and Salesian educators of Don Bosco T...
    Date2022.09.20 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views559 file
    Read More
  2. 5870(I)_The Blood of the Martyrs is the seed of new Christians

By our own correspondent Korea, 19 September 2022 -- For almost a century now (since the first 75 Korean martyrs beatification was in 1925) the Korean Catholic Church has been celebrating the 'Month of the Martyrs' and on 20 Septemb...
    Date2022.09.20 CategoryKOR Reply0 Views465 file
    Read More
  3. 5869(II)_VocTok contribution to vocation culture: Year Two

By our own correspondent FIN Province, 17 September 2022 -- 'VocTok' is an ONLINE TAMBAYAN (hang-out spot, meeting place) meant to help, even in small ways, young people to become SALT and LIGHT of the world (Matthew 5:13-16). This ...
    Date2022.09.17 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views494 file
    Read More
  4. 5869(I)_TLS Salesian Youth Ministry Resumes Gathering at National Level

Dili, Timor-Leste, 17 September 2022 -- The Salesian Youth Movement in the TLS Vice-Province resumes its gathering after two years of interruption due to Covid-19 and its restrictions. Fr. Nelson Gonçalves, SDB as the Delegate of the...
    Date2022.09.17 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views439 file
    Read More
  5. 5868(I)_Preparing for the Canonisation of Brother Zatti

Letter from the RM RMG, 16 September 2022 -- The Rector Major, Fr Ángel Fernandez Artime makes a clear point in this 20 page-long letter released on September 11, 2022: “I make my own the words of Fr Vecchi (2000) to ask each P...
    Date2022.09.16 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views472 file
    Read More
  6. 5867(VI)_The seed of self-sustenance

Planting Project at the National Shrine of Mary Help of Christians By Ms. Joyce Bustamante Photos by Mr. Mark Balikanta Paranaque, The Philippines, 15 September 2022 -- During this Season of Creation, the Knights of Columbus and the Disaste...
    Date2022.09.15 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views416 file
    Read More
  7. 5867(V)_Missionary interview - 153rd Salesian Missionary Expedition

The Becchi, Colle Don Bosco, Italy, 14 September 2022 -- The annual Salesian Missionary Expedition is held every last Sunday of September. Since Don Bosco's first Misssionary Send-off to Argentina on November 11, 1875 this year the even...
    Date2022.09.15 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views620 file
    Read More
  8. 5867(IV)_“Bind Us Together, Lord”

The Myanmar Vice-Province Day 2022 By A. Maung Maung, SDB Anisakan-Pyin Oo Lwin, Myanmar, 14 September 2022 -- It has been more than two years that we could not come together as a whole vice-province, due to the pandemic and critical politi...
    Date2022.09.15 Reply0 Views406 file
    Read More
  9. 5867(III)_Annual Seminar on the Spirituality of Saint Francis de Sales

By THA SC Hua Hin, Thailand, 14 September 2022 -- The Salesian Province of Thailand (THA) held a seminar with the theme “the Spirituality of Saint Francis de Sales” in two batches, the first batch from September 5 to 7, 2022, an...
    Date2022.09.15 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views692 file
    Read More
  10. 5867(II)_Program to celebrate Mid-Autumn Festival at Don Bosco Vietnam communities

By Viet SC Vietnam, 13 September 2022 -- On September 10, on the occasion of the Mid-Autumn Festival, most of the Don Bosco communities in Vietnam organized a cultural program for children in their works. Among them are communities in remot...
    Date2022.09.15 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views528 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 536 Next
/ 536