austraLasia

?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
ALA_5407

20200623_EXDB.jpg

Celebrate with your family and Renew your commitment!

By Mr. Michal Hort, World President
Br. Dominic Nam, World Delegate

On the eve of the Don Bosco Alumni Jubilee Year the President of the World Confederation Mr Michal Hort and the newly appointed World Delegate, Br. Dominic Nam are sending simple messages on how to start this Jubilee Year of our Past Pupils: 24 June 2020 - 24 June 2021: Celebrate with your family and Renew your commitment! Both video messages are available in English and soon in other languages on the Salesian Family digital platforms.

Message of Michal Hort

"Dear Past Pupils and Friends of Don Bosco.

Today, 24th of June 2020 we celebrate special anniversary of 150 years from our fundations by Don Bosco. When Carlo Gastini and his fellows came to congratulate Don Bosco for his feast day at 24th of 1870, Don Bosco said he love past pupils even more than when they have been with him in Valdocco oratory. Today it is 150 years from that special moment and we enter Jubilee year of Past Pupils. Rejoice and celebrate our great father Don Bosco, our founder Carlo Gastini and all our predecessor past pupils. Becasue of them we are here today and we can be witnesses of Don Boscos dreams in reality. Milions of Past Pupils of Don Bosco around the world are giving everyday their testimony of being Good Christians and Honest Citizens. I would like to encourage you to withstand in our foundations of gratitude and helping to each other in order to be true sons and past pupils of Don Bosco today, tommorow and in next 150 years at least.

Due to difficult pandemic challenge of Coronavirus we can not see and meet each other personally. We can not celebrate with the whole Salesian Family.

Therefore I have decided to spend this beautiful day with my own family, with my wife and three kids.
It is our true enviroment to live and perform our Past Pupils vocation as lay part of the larger Salesian Family. I invite you all, if possible, to celebrate this day with your close family, friends and Salesians.

The true beauty is to be seen only by heart. Do not be upset that we can not be together personally and we see each other only online. Every one of you, my dear friends are in my heart and my prayers. I give thanks to Don Bosco for each of you and for the opportunity to be his Past Pupils for life.

Cheers, Past Pupils and happy anniversary!"

Message of Br Dominic Nam, SDB

"Dear Past Pupils of Don Bosco and all the members of the Salesian Family!

I'm Brother Dominic Nam, and I belong to the Vietnam province and was recently assigned as the World Delegate to the Don Bosco Past Pupils and Salesian Cooperators.

This is a special year for the Past Pupils of Don Bosco as we are celebrating the 150th of the foundation of our Past Pupils. Let us remember this historical movement that took place on 24 June 1870 when Carlo Gastini with a few other Valdocco Past Pupils visited Don Bosco on his Feastday.

I would like to invite all Past Pupils of Don Bosco around the world to unite in prayer on 24 June 2020. It would be wonderful if each Past Pupil on that day would pause in prayer and renew our commitment to Don Bosco by offering this Prayer-Promise in each one's own language.

Today Don Bosco is calling you again to be Upright Citizens and Good Christians! Don Bosco loves you! Happy Anniversary to all of you!"

• World President video message (FB) - Mr. Michal Hort, ExDB
  • World Delegate video message (FB) - Br. Dominic Nam, SDB

• Related news articles:

• AustraLasia 5402: Prayer - Promise of the Don Bosco Past Pupils in 15 EAO languages
  • AustraLasia 5397 (II) Past Pupils to the Salesian Family: We need you (World President)

• 20200623_EXDB0.jpg

20200623_EXDB1.jpg

20200623_EXDB4.jpg

20200623_EXDB5.jpg

20200623_EXDB6.jpg

20200623_EXDB7.jpg

20200623_EXDB8.jpg

20200623_EXDB9.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5895(II)_Thanksgiving Mass for Zatti’s Canonization, an intercessor for all!

By J. Mota SDB Dili, Timor Leste, 18November 2022 -- On Saturday, 12 November 2022, one day before the feast day of the newly canonized saint, the Salesian Family in TLS Vice-Province celebrated a thanksgiving Mass presided by His Eminence ...
      Date2022.11.18 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views375 file
      Read More
    2. 5894(V)_New epochal change

Ivrea's Cardinal Cagliero Missionary Institute after 130 years Cardinal Cagliero Ivrea Missionary Institute Piedmont, 16 November 2022 -- Exactly 130 years after the foundation of Salesian school in Ivrea, known for the past 100 years a...
      Date2022.11.16 Reply0 Views369 file
      Read More
    3. 5894(IV)_Provincial Mission Day 2022: “Be a True Witness of the Gospel”

By Viet SC HCM City, Vietnam, 16 November 2022 -- November 11 every year is the anniversary of the first missionary expedition of the Salesian Congregation. In order to strengthen the sense of missionary responsibility among its members, th...
      Date2022.11.16 Reply0 Views338 file
      Read More
    4. 5894(III)_The meeting of Provincial Delegates for Youth Ministry of the East Asia-Oceania Region

From ANS HCM City, Vietnam, 16 November 2022 -- The meeting of Provincial Delegates for Youth Ministry of the East Asia-Oceania Region was held from 8-12 November 2022 at the Provincial House, Viet Nam. The youth ministry document “Pa...
      Date2022.11.16 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views445 file
      Read More
    5. 5894(II)_Filipino Chaplaincy in Turin nearing Silver Jubilee (2023)

By Fr. Charles Manlangit (FIN) Turin, Italy, 16 November 2022 -- Four years after their Founder, Fr Benna, SDB, passed away (11-11-2018) the Filipino community based in one of Don Bosco's Churches - Saint John the Evangelist - is as ali...
      Date2022.11.16 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views951 file
      Read More
    6. 5894(I)_Don Bosco Tan Ha Community solemnly celebrates the Feast of Saint Artemide Zatti

By Viet SC Tan Ha, Vietnam, 16 November 2022 -- On October 9, 2022, Pope Francis celebrated the canonization of Blessed Brother Artemides Zatti. It is a joy and a great gift that God has given to the Church, especially to the great Salesian...
      Date2022.11.16 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views400 file
      Read More
    7. 5893(V)_"God's effective presence in this Mission" - Araimiri in PNG

By Fr. Joseph Thanh,SDB Araimiri Parish of Mary Help of Christians, PNG, 15 November 2022 -- The mission of Don Bosco Araimiri is always a good and valid reference point for all the Salesians of the Vice-province of Blessed Philip Rinaldi &...
      Date2022.11.15 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views421 file
      Read More
    8. 5893(IV)_Br. Zatti honoured in Samoa with an ordination

By Fr. Will Matthews Falealupo, Savaii, Samoa, 15 November 2022 -- On the eve of the first celebration of Br Artemides Zatti as the newly canonized saint, the Salesians in Samoa gave praise to God with the priestly ordination of Fr Atonio L...
      Date2022.11.15 CategoryPac. Reply0 Views423 file
      Read More
    9. 5893(III)_SYM Korea and Korean Youth active in environmental movement

By Ms Choe JunKyeong SYM Seoul South Korea, 14 November 2022 -- Pope Francis' call for ecological conversion has inspired millions around the world, mostly the younger generations of Catholics and people from all walks of life. South Ko...
      Date2022.11.15 CategoryKOR Reply0 Views402 file
      Read More
    10. 5893(II)_SYM Thailand Camp 2022: ‘You have to give the best to Jesus’

By Thailand SYM Team Banpong, Bangkok, Thailamd, 14 November 2022 -- On November 8 and 11, 2022, Thai Province's Youth Ministry organized a youth gathering event called "SYM Day Camp." This event occurred at St. Dominic School Bangkok o...
      Date2022.11.15 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views1233 file
      Read More
    List
    Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 533 Next
    / 533