Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

2090407_WOR.jpg

The World Advisory Council for Youth Ministry

on Marginalize Youth 2019

By Frs Ronilo Javines, FIN and Peter Kim, KOR

RMG, 31 March 2019 -- The World Advisory Council for Youth Ministry met at the General House in Rome toward the end of March (27-31 March) to discuss the Salesian mission for marginalised youth. The group, called together by the Councillor for Youth Ministry, Fr Fabio Attard, involved 25 participants from the 7 Salesian regions across the world. The aim of the meeting was to provide focus for preparation for the 2021 Salesian World Congress on the Salesian Mission for Marginalised Youth.

During the 4 day event on the the 'Youth in Need & Youth at Risk' area, Salesians reflected on the journey of the Congregation and Church over the past 20 years (the previous World Meeting on Marginalised Youth was held in 1998).

After a long and meticulous preparation by YM Sector member, Fr Daniel García, the participants were able to explore the focus for the process, objectives and methodology of the 2021 World Congress. Participants met in small linguistic groups, listened and shared the challenges experienced by each one, the opportunities and processes, then produced a summary of the different realities and shared them in the general assembly.

They emphasised: the richness of Salesian work among young people at risk and the worldwide sharing of the work of Salesians with the poorest ... The hope of being able to serve, as Don Bosco did, the poorest, and the process for achieving this project with greater awareness in all our works. Most of the participants agreed that we have challenges, opportunities and processes to activate, and among our Salesians we find the strength to achieve these goals ... It is important to recover our charism of being in the midst of the most needy." Indeed all over the world there are more than one thousand Salesians and many thousands of lay mission partners who dedicate their lives to saving young people.

Fr Peter Kim (KOR) shares his first world level experience: ‘It was really a very busy 5 days, no chance even to rest. It was a wonderful time of listening. Before coming to Rome, I was thinking: ‘What I will do there?’ but after the final day I’m very grateful for this eye-opening Salesian experience at ‘world level’. I’m grateful for a broader view of the Salesian mission and enriched by so many inspiring experiences from all five continents’.

After the Rome meeting, all participants returned to their respective provinces, while Fr Ronilo Javines (FIN) celebrated his 32nd anniversary of Religious Profession on 2 April , and renewed his vows at the altar of Mary Help of Christians in the Sacro Cuore Basilica, a very significant place in the life of St John Bosco.

Related resources: https://www.bosco.link/ym/46697

2090407_WOR1.jpg

2090407_WOR2.jpg

2090407_WOR3.jpg

2090407_WOR4.jpg

2090407_WOR5.jpg

2090407_WOR6.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5901(I)_Young Salesians involved in Peace building - Jakarta

By Cl. Fabianus Karo, SDB Wisma Don Bosco, Jakarta - Indonesia, 28 November 2022 -- A three-day Interfaith Youth Camp was held from November 18 - 20, 2022 at Pondok Pendawa, Tegal, Banten province near Jakarta. Among the 30 participants wer...
    Date2022.11.30 CategoryINA Reply0 Views349 file
    Read More
  2. 5900(IV)_EAO Salesian Family Annual Meeting and Sharing

By The 41st SF Spirituality Days Team EAO Region, 25 November 2022 -- The family of Don Bosco is growing through sharing the Salesian spirit, mission and life's apostolic and spiritual experiences. The annual gift (Strenna) of the Recto...
    Date2022.11.25 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views442 file
    Read More
  3. 5900(III)_PDO Mongolia: Christmas Appeal 2022

By Br. Andrew Le Phuong, SDB - PDO Director PDO Ulanbaatar, Mongolia, 25 November 2022 -- Just one month before Christmas 2022, another Newsletter by the PDO (Planning Development Office) in the Mongolia Delegation (VIE - Delegate Superior,...
    Date2022.11.25 CategoryMong. Reply0 Views308 file
    Read More
  4. 5900(II)_Survival: Cow dung to heat the ger

By Fr. Mario Gaspar dos Santos, SDB Shuwu, Mongolia, 24 November 2022 -- One of the Salesian mission frontiers on the periphery of Ulaanbaatar is Shuwuu in Mongolia where the Salesians are based. They live in the middle of the poorest peopl...
    Date2022.11.25 CategoryMong. Reply0 Views338 file
    Read More
  5. 5900(I)_Mongolia: DB Darkhan distributes 5100 trees to nationwide campaign of 1 billion

By Fr. Simon Lee Don Bosco Darkhan, Mongolia, 24 November 2022 -- In response to the call of the Mongolian government on the 1 billion trees planting project in Mongolia, and commemorating 30 years of the Catholic Church’s presence in...
    Date2022.11.24 CategoryMong. Reply0 Views379 file
    Read More
  6. 5899(II)_Robocon Contest – “An intellectual playground”, Don Bosco My Thuan Technical School

By Viet SC Vinh Long, Vietnam, 23 November 2022 -- On the morning of November 17, 2022, for the first time, the Robocon Contest at Don Bosco My Thuan Technical School took place in an exciting atmosphere, attracting contestants and a large ...
    Date2022.11.23 Reply0 Views283 file
    Read More
  7. 5899(I)_Animation day for Salesian Brother vocation in novitiate

By Viet SC Ba Thon Novitiate, HCM City, Vietnam, 23 November 2022 - - On 11 November 2022, the Salesian Brothers in the Vietnam province had a lively meeting to promote the Salesian Brother vocation at Ba Thon novitiate community. The progr...
    Date2022.11.23 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views495 file
    Read More
  8. 5898(V)_Thank you Mamma Margaret - November 25

Valdocco, Turin, 22 November 2022 -- Exactly 166 years ago, on November 25, 1856, the mother of Don Bosco, Margherita Bosco Occhiena, passed away quietly almost without notice in the busy life of Valdocco's early Oratory. Yes, the Unive...
    Date2022.11.22 CategoryWorld Reply1 Views862 file
    Read More
  9. 5898(IV)_TLS Vice-Province ADMA holds 3rd National Congress

By TLS Soccom team Fatumaca, Timor-Leste 22 November 2022 -- The Association of Mary Help of Christians (ADMA) of the TLS Vice-Province held its 3rd National Congress on November 18 to 20, 2022 at the National Shrine of Mary Help of Christi...
    Date2022.11.22 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views471 file
    Read More
  10. 5898(III)_Football Tournament to celebrate the Vietnamese Teachers’ Day at Don Bosco Theological Institute

By Viet SC HCM City, 22 November 2022 -- On the occasion of the Vietnamese Teachers' Day on November 20, Don Bosco Theological Academy held a football Tournament between students. The Tournament was held at the Theological Community foo...
    Date2022.11.22 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views370 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 533 Next
/ 533