PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 744 Comment 0

20190405_ASC.jpg

Interview with Ms. Therese Trần thị Minh Thu, 

ASC Coordinator, Vietnam

By Our Own Correspondent

HCM, Vietnam, 3 April 2019 -- What makes you happy as Salesian Cooperator?

Being a Salesian cooperator, I am very joyful and happy. I have learned and deepened my understanding about Saint John Bosco and his educational preventive system through the Salesians of Don Bosco. I admire and love Saint John Bosco, a Saint who loves, takes care of poor youth who are abandoned. God blesses me and the young when I accompany them: Through the educational preventive system of Don Bosco, the young in my family are living in a good environment of education. They started to believe in God, in Mary Help of Christians and they wish to receive the Sacrament of Baptism. The young people in ‘Don Bosco youth’ group of my parish have overcome the difficulties and challenges of their young age, graduated, having a stable job and many of them are now married. When I join in the SCA, I have many friends who love Don Bosco, accompany me to go to poor youth s who are encountering difficulties in their life (though I have also my own limitations).

What are the main challenges in vocation growth (personal and centre)

The following challenges are:

• Personal limitation: financial difficulty has limited me in carrying out the apostolate activities such as visiting the young in different centres so as to introduce Saint John Bosco and the Salesian cooperator vocation to them.
  • The challenge of the centres and of association
  • As a member of provincial council, I see that the majority of the association’s members are elderly and have financial difficulty in recent years as the challenges. The average age of the members is 55.

The solution for these challenges are:

• Rejuvenating the centres and association by inviting the relatives and friends of the cooperators. Those who have been attending the group so called ‘cooperator animators’ organized at Tan Cang Salesian community, through that activities they can introduce Don Bosco and ASC to the young.
  • There are some Salesians in charge of the centres who do not pay much attention to the members of ASC of their centres in order to support, sustain and giving them proper formation because of different reasons.

How do you prepare yourself to become a formator?

I am preparing myself to be a joyful and friendly witness and trustworthy. I need to deepen my love and service of Don Bosco and Mother Margaret to the young, the project of apostolic life and upgrade the latest documents and guidelines for formation from the Salesian congregation.

What exchange among the EAO Salesian Cooperators do you dream about?

Participating in the meeting at the regional level was good. I have learned many new ideas, experience from the ASC of EAO of how to live the apostolic life as the Salesian cooperator. I think the coming workshop of the formators for Salesian cooperators in Cambodia will be helpful.

What do you expect from the 2019 EAO Formators Workshop in Cambodia?

I expect the content of the meeting will help the formators to find out ways to implement the guidelines of formation in our context of today.

How do you put into practice the four pillars of Salesian Cooperators formation?

In my opinion, it needs a proper and good discernment in order to choose and prioritize the needs of the works that need to be done. For us as salesian cooperators. It is necessary to study and deepen the Salesian spirituality. So that we can grow and actualize our vocation

• To know: The knowledge of history, pedagogy and spirituality of Don Bosco. This knowledge must be learned from daily life.
  • To know how to do: The formators need to have a good relationship with the members with salesian style which is ‘Method of the good Shepherd’. (they should spend time to help and understand their members)
  • To know how to be: The formators know how to bear witness to Christ by their choice and faithfulness to their vocation (Be integrated into the association and know how to transmit and live the sense of belonging to the association).
  • To know how to live in communion: The formators have responsibility to take care of and ensure that the chosen style for the meetings and encounters for formation must highlight the Don Bosco spirit.

20190405_ASC1.jpg

20190405_ASC2.jpg

20190405_ASC3.jpg

20190405_ASC4.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5931(I)_Mass of the Holy Spirit across the Vice-Province: New School Year TLS

By TLS SocCom Team Fuiloro, Timor-Leste, 20 January 2023 -- The Salesian schools in the TLS Vice-Province commenced their school year 2023 with the Mass of the Holy Spirit. The Educative Pastoral Community of Fuiloro made up of an Agricultu...
    Date2023.01.20 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views474 file
    Read More
  2. 5930_Dwelling in our Catholic Faith

By Fr. Ambrose Pereira, SDB Sabama, Port Moresby PNG, 19 January 2023 -- The Good Shepherd Catechesis opened new and innovative ways of understanding the Catholic Faith. Over a hundred young people and children from the Mary Help of Christi...
    Date2023.01.19 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views388 file
    Read More
  3. 5929(V)_Provincial Chapter in TLS

Comoro, Dili, East- Timor, 18 January 2023 -- The Salesians in the Vice-Province of St. Callistus Caravario have just celebrated their second Provincial Chapter (PC) from 09-14 January, 2023 that was held in the Audio Visual Room (AVR) of D...
    Date2023.01.18 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views630 file
    Read More
  4. 5929(IV)_Lahore Salesians assist female students to deal with problems

By Pierre Ramello Lahore, Pakistan, 17 January 2023 -- Many women in Pakistan, despite being called upon to deal with relevant problems, have very few opportunities for discussion and also tend to be rather reserved. In this way they accumu...
    Date2023.01.18 CategoryPak. Reply0 Views316 file
    Read More
  5. 5929(III)_EAO region members at 2023 SF Spirituality Days at Valdocco

By our own correspondent Valdocco, Turin - Italy, 17 January 2023 -- The four memorable days at Valdocco around the theme of Strenna 2023 'As the Yeast in Today's Human Family' (12-15 Jan) brought together 300 SF members (at lea...
    Date2023.01.18 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views393 file
    Read More
  6. 5929(II)_EAO SF Spirituality 2023 - Day 1: Listening to the Lay People

By EAO Salesian Family Team Valdocco and the world, 13 January 2023 -- While the 280 SF members enjoy the second day of an 'almost pre-Covid' level of participation in the Valdocco theater and Mary Help of Christians basilica, more ...
    Date2023.01.18 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views360 file
    Read More
  7. 5929(I)_Champions in the Band Contest

By THA SC Ayutthaya Province, Thailand, 14 January 2023 -- The brass band from Sarasit Phithayalai School, Banpong, participated in The 14th Thailand International Marching Competition 2022 - TIMC - The Royal Trophy League International Ban...
    Date2023.01.18 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views627 file
    Read More
  8. 5928(II)_The Annual Salesian Family Joint Council in Japan 2023 ONLINE

Let us join more forces with each other in the style of Don Bosco By Chihiro OKAWA, EXDB Tokyo, Japan, 12 January 2023 -- The Annual Salesian Family Joint Council ONLINE was held on 12 January, involving the representatives from each group ...
    Date2023.01.13 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views621 file
    Read More
  9. 5928(I)_Salesian Family Day of Vietnam North Delegation

By Viet SC Hanoi, Vietnam, 13 January 2023 -- On January 11, 2023, the northern Delegation of Don Bosco Viet Nam celebrated "Salesian Family Day". The day of fraternal gathering took place at the headquarters of the Delegation, located in t...
    Date2023.01.13 Reply0 Views418 file
    Read More
  10. 5927_East Asia Oceania Region is ready for the third online SF Spirituality Days

By our own correspondent EAO Region, 11 January 2023 -- The countdown for the 2023 SF Spirituality Days has already started. From January 12-15 some 300 participants are meeting at Valdocco with the Rector Major and delegates from most of t...
    Date2023.01.12 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views722 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 533 Next
/ 533