austraLasia

?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
ALA_5451

20200823_FIN2.jpg

By Volunteers with Don Bosco (CDB-Con Don Bosco)

CDB Philippines, 22 August 2020 -- So far the only CDB group in Asia (both EAO and South Asia regions), located in the Philippines, is preparing for their first profession as consecrated Salesians in the world (secular consecration). For the 3 days before the Feast of the Assumption (15 August) all of them were reflecting on their relationship with Mary, Mother of Jesus. Their full sharing - reflection is available on Boscolink, but here we report some highlights. Those who are interested in the Salesian secular consecrated vocation may contact Fr Eli Cruz, SDB (Canlubang, FIN).

Some sharing about 'walking with Mary in faith':

In the corporate world, it is seldom that we talk about religion and Mary. But through observing and listening to the stories of my peers during casual conversations, I get to have an idea, that at some point, they have a connection with Mary. During meetings, I would observe that some of my peers are wearing wrist rosaries and others have scapulars. These signs have always been an opportunity for me to have a quick chat about their spirituality. It starts by me verbally noticing their rosary and scapular, then they start sharing their novena, prayer intentions, and devotion to the Blessed Mother like going to Baclaran every Wednesday (=Manila famous shrine, with a weekly Novena to Our Lady of Perpetual Help). It makes me smile every time they would voluntarily share their spirituality, prayer intentions, and devotion to the Blessed Mother. Talking about it made us more connected and enabled us to journey with one another through sharing of experiences.

Pope Francis in his Post-Synodal Apostolic Exhortation Christus Vivit 44, referred to the Blessed Virgin Mary as an “influencer, the influencer of God”. She was able to influence the plan of God in bringing forth salvation to the people. In the same way, looking into the influence of the Blessed Virgin Mary in my life, I am able to attend to the needs of other people most especially of the young by exemplifying her virtues of:

• Simplicity through words and actions. The people of today need witnesses that can walk their talk. Following the example of Mary she led her life of simplicity by tuning herself with the things that are essential and enduring.
  • Presence by being physically or spiritually present. The youth needs someone that can journey with them. Given the circumstances that we have today, our virtual presence needs also to be visible. Following the example of Mary even if pondering it on our own.
  • Influence in leading the young under my care towards God. I am an instrument that nourishes and shapes the entirety of a person through their head by filling it with knowledge and understanding. Through their heart by filling it with love and through their hands in doing the work of God."

Every good reflection starts with few simple questions, also this time our CDB members were helped by their Assistant:

Mary as Seeker of God

How do these words resonate with me: She took me by the hand?

In all simplicity I can assure you that I have never tired of that hand; indeed I have always held it tightly, to the end.

Mary as Expert in Encounter

How does my connection to Mary connect me to the simple faith of people in their urgent needs of young students or young professionals?

Mary as Guide in Humanity

How does my devotion to Mary bring me closer to the Salesian Family growing in sensitivity to the culture of human rights?

Full text of the Mary Assumption sharing (CDB-Philippines)

20200823_FIN201.jpg

20200823_FIN202.jpg

20200823_FIN203.jpg

20200823_FIN204.jpg
Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5945(I)_MYM: Strenna Presentation

By A. Maung Maung, SDB Anisakan, Myanmar, 14 February 2023 -- The presentation of Strenna 2023 took place over two days in Anisakan, Myanmar. On the first day, the event began with the Holy Mass celebrated by Fr. Marino Soe Naing, SDB at 7:...
    Date2023.02.14 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views585 file
    Read More
  2. 5944(III)_Thailand - Installation of new Superior of Salesian Province of THAILAND, Cambodia and Laos: Fr. Anthony Boonlert Paneetatthayasai

By THA SC Bangkok, Thailand, 11 February 2023 -- At at Mary Help of Christians Church in Bangkok, the installation ceremony of Fr. Anthony Boonlert Paneetatthayasai as Superior of the Salesian Province of Thailand, Cambodia and Laos (THA) f...
    Date2023.02.12 CategoryTHA Reply1 Views819 file
    Read More
  3. 5944(II)_The Challenge to Become Yeast in Japanese Society

By Cl. Kenji Lorenzo Ruiz Hasegawa, SDB Chofu, Tokyo, Japan, 12 February 2023 -- In mid-January of this year, the whole Salesian world celebrated the Spirituality Days with this year’s Strenna of the Rector Major: As the Yeast in Toda...
    Date2023.02.12 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views356 file
    Read More
  4. 5944(I)_Launching of PGS Solar Energy Project

By Fr. Srimal Priyanga, SDB Boroko, PNG, 12 February 2023 -- The PGS Solar Energy Project was launched on 01 February 2023 at EMMAUS Conference Centre. The launching was attended by Fr Gregorio Bicomong, the Provincial of the Salesian vice-...
    Date2023.02.12 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views381 file
    Read More
  5. 5943(II)_Missionary Aspirantate?

Missionary Message for 11th February By Fr. Alfred Maravilla, SDB General Councillor for Missions RMG 10 February 2023 -- The First World War was followed by a period of missionary revival in the Catholic Church. Thus, the period was marked...
    Date2023.02.10 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views626 file
    Read More
  6. 5943(I)_Understanding the Theology of Communication

By Lucy Napatalai EAO ZOOM, 9 February -- The Salesian East Asia Oceania Region (EAO) commenced its School of Formation for the Academic Year 2023. Layer 3 opened online via the zoom platform on Thursday, February 9, 2023. The session on th...
    Date2023.02.10 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views442 file
    Read More
  7. 5942(III)_Profiles of 82 Czech Salesian Brothers - 'A little flock'

Taken from the website of the Salesian Publishers in Prague Prague, Czech Republic, 8 February 2023 -- Since the start of Salesian presence in the Czech Republic (1927) there have been some 82 Salesian Brothers. In 2015 the 'Portal'...
    Date2023.02.08 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views400 file
    Read More
  8. 5942(II)_The Church in Australia is alive!

Interview with Archbishop Tim Costelloe, SDB drawn from 'The Record' Perth (Australia) Archdiocesan Magazine Perth, Australia, 8 February 20 -- The recent (no. 38) issue of 'The Record' - the Perth Catholic Archdiocesan Maga...
    Date2023.02.08 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views989 file
    Read More
  9. 5942(I)_Ordination of two Salesian deacons in Seoul

By our own correspondent Seoul, Korea, 8 February 2023 -- Two Salesians deacons - Lee chang-min (Marciano) and Kim Beom-jun (Stefano) were ordained deacon on 31 January 2023 during the Eucharistic celebration in the Seoul SDB provincial hou...
    Date2023.02.08 CategoryKOR Reply0 Views363 file
    Read More
  10. 5941(I)_Turning Plastic Bottle Wastes into a Blessing

By Bro Bernardinus Mei, SDB SDB Post-novitiate, Sunter, North Jakarta Indonesia, 5 February 2023 -- At the beginning, the Sacred Heart of Jesus Post-novitiate Community in Sunter, North Jakarta, Indonesia planned to make compost from leftov...
    Date2023.02.05 CategoryINA Reply0 Views348 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 536 Next
/ 536