Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 1568 Comment 0

20191004_VIE.jpg

Interview with Joseph Le Van Nhan

By Our Own Correspondent

HCM City, Vietnam, 4 October 2019 -- My name is Joseph Le Van Nhan, I am 28 years old. I come from Viet Nam - Mongolia (VIE) Province). The Rector Major sent me on 29 September to Great Britain (GBR) Province.

What attracted you to Don Bosco and the Salesian vocation?

I came to a Salesian house in 2009. The first impression when I come to a Salesian house is all the aspriants those I didn’t know before. Then, I met a Salesian priest who was the first priest I was able to share everything with in peace and encouragement. And I followed this vocation with joyful commitment until now. After about 10 years with the Salesian charism I was attracted by the way of Salesian Holiness. There is spirit of the Risen Lord Jesus, a strong family spirit, brotherhood and joyful daily life.

Why did you embrace the missionary vocation?

It’ sa hard question but an interesting one. “My desire is to depart and be with Christ…” Philippians 1: 23 I can answer that it is God's call. I heard this Call 4 or 5 years ago when I was still a novice and I have always been anxious for this. I believe that God wants me to “go out of myself” and become a missionary, to preach the Gospel to the people in mission place according to the Salesian charism. So when I fullfill this God’s Will, I will stay in God in happiness and peace for ever. That is the life of the saints. When I decided and wrote my missionary application letter, I felt very happy and joyful. These are the fruits of the Spirit! That is the work of Holy Spirit.

Can you share the fruits of the new missionary course in Rom-Piedmont last September?

After 33 days in Italy for the new missionary course, my deepest impression was of the Holiness of Church and Salesian Holiness. I heard many times about Holiness, but this is the first time I have touched it! During last month on the pilgrimage with other new missionaries in many holy places, I was able to touch the deep reality of the first Catholic Christians who gave their life for Jesus. We met many holy and simple Salesians, and were touched by their humble life style. We met many holy people. They are lively witnesses for the holy Salesian way of life. I had a good chance to pray for many hours with the community and also spent time in personal prayer. Finally, after touching holiness, I would like to become one of them thanks to Holy Spirit!

Your dream, hope and heart before arrival in England – Project Europe?

I prayed the Rosary every day for the place and people of my mission land where I will be sent. In Great Britain, I would like to be present with Salesians among the young people with my joyful, happy and youthuful Salesian spirit. I would like to awaken Don Bosco’s charism among young people, so that they may also become saints.

20191004_VIE0.jpg

20191004_VIE1.jpg

20191004_VIE3.jpg

20191004_VIE4.jpg

20191004_VIE5.jpg

20191004_VIE6.jpg

20191004_VIE7.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5952(I)_The Holy Spirit Challenges Us to Become Yeast

By Miss Rica Lavilla, Gr. 12 Albera Matron/English Teacher Joachim Gahekave Jnr, Alfred Muraga and Anthony Leka Grade 12 Students of Don Bosco Technical School, Gabutu Gabutu, Port Moresby, PNG, 6 March 2023 -- On 2 March, 2023, Don Bosco T...
    Date2023.03.06 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views335 file
    Read More
  2. 5951_Indonesia: human trafficking awareness-raising for young Salesians

By Cl. Wilfridus Pita Raja, SDB - Postnovice Jakarta, Indonesia, 5 March 2023 -- Human trafficking is an enormous human crime which underestimates and even tears apart the dignity of human beings. In the last several decades, the issue of h...
    Date2023.03.05 CategoryINA Reply0 Views321 file
    Read More
  3. 5950(II)_Mindanao's Salesian Youth Movement: The Yeast of the Church in the Land of Promise

By Jane Gabriel Maglente and Aengyl Grace Beato Mindanao, Philippines (FIS), 2 March 2023 -- More than 100 young leaders and animators of the ever-growing Salesian Youth Movement in Mindanao actively attended the Leaders and Animators&rsquo...
    Date2023.03.03 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views458 file
    Read More
  4. 5950(I)_DBTSS Kokopo Holy Spirit Mass on Ash Wednesday

By Cl. Thomas Warwara,SDB Rapolo, East New Britain Province PNG, 2 March 2023 -- On 22 February 2023, Don Bosco Technical Secondary School Rapolo had its Holy Spirit Mass which also coincided with the Ash Wednesday celebration. The Season o...
    Date2023.03.03 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views307 file
    Read More
  5. 5949_Welcome to the Sandor Community

Salesian Brothers looking for Specific Formation in English EAO Region, 27 February 2023 -- It is a challenge for the Salesian Brothers to find an adequate specific formation community. Paranaque - Manila-based formation community (formatio...
    Date2023.02.27 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views498 file
    Read More
  6. 5948(II)_The Salesian Sacrament of Presence highlighted

By Fr. Ambrose Pereira, SDB ZOOM, 21 February 2023 -- The General Councillor for Social Communication, Fr Gildasio Mendes, together with the Salesians of the Department, met the Regional Coordinators from across the world for a two-hour onl...
    Date2023.02.22 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views396 file
    Read More
  7. 5948(I)_Leaven of solidarity in communities

By Arlene Abital Lecturer at Don Bosco Technological Institute Photographs by Mr. Francis Gemo, Mr. Jojo Siriban, and Fr. Ariel Macatangay, SDB DBTI East Boroko, Port Moresby PNG, 21 February 2023 -- Don Bosco Technological Institute, East ...
    Date2023.02.22 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views379 file
    Read More
  8. 5947(VI)_Towards the 2023 Salesian Bulletin editors global meeting

World, 19 February 2023 -- The result of the explicit initiative of Don Bosco in 1877, the Salesian Bulletin (SB) over the past 150 years has become a precious tool of charismatic communication, spread across 134 countries where the Don Bos...
    Date2023.02.20 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views394 file
    Read More
  9. 5947(V)_Creative Resolution for the Lenten season

By Eastern USA-Canada province (Salesian News 222) World, 18 February 2023 -- Just a few days before starting the 40-day Lenten journey towards Easter, each SDB local community is called to make a common resolution for how to focus their Le...
    Date2023.02.20 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views444 file
    Read More
  10. 5947(IV)_Fr. Joseph Tani Satoshi (1954-2023), RIP

Tokyo, Japan, 18 February 2023 -- On 31 January 1888, before leaving his boys, Don Bosco said: “Dite ai miei ragazzi che li aspetto tutti in Paradiso” (Tell my boys that I will wait for them all in Heaven). Today the Province of...
    Date2023.02.20 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views947 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 537 Next
/ 537