Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 1546 Comment 0

20191004_VIE.jpg

Interview with Joseph Le Van Nhan

By Our Own Correspondent

HCM City, Vietnam, 4 October 2019 -- My name is Joseph Le Van Nhan, I am 28 years old. I come from Viet Nam - Mongolia (VIE) Province). The Rector Major sent me on 29 September to Great Britain (GBR) Province.

What attracted you to Don Bosco and the Salesian vocation?

I came to a Salesian house in 2009. The first impression when I come to a Salesian house is all the aspriants those I didn’t know before. Then, I met a Salesian priest who was the first priest I was able to share everything with in peace and encouragement. And I followed this vocation with joyful commitment until now. After about 10 years with the Salesian charism I was attracted by the way of Salesian Holiness. There is spirit of the Risen Lord Jesus, a strong family spirit, brotherhood and joyful daily life.

Why did you embrace the missionary vocation?

It’ sa hard question but an interesting one. “My desire is to depart and be with Christ…” Philippians 1: 23 I can answer that it is God's call. I heard this Call 4 or 5 years ago when I was still a novice and I have always been anxious for this. I believe that God wants me to “go out of myself” and become a missionary, to preach the Gospel to the people in mission place according to the Salesian charism. So when I fullfill this God’s Will, I will stay in God in happiness and peace for ever. That is the life of the saints. When I decided and wrote my missionary application letter, I felt very happy and joyful. These are the fruits of the Spirit! That is the work of Holy Spirit.

Can you share the fruits of the new missionary course in Rom-Piedmont last September?

After 33 days in Italy for the new missionary course, my deepest impression was of the Holiness of Church and Salesian Holiness. I heard many times about Holiness, but this is the first time I have touched it! During last month on the pilgrimage with other new missionaries in many holy places, I was able to touch the deep reality of the first Catholic Christians who gave their life for Jesus. We met many holy and simple Salesians, and were touched by their humble life style. We met many holy people. They are lively witnesses for the holy Salesian way of life. I had a good chance to pray for many hours with the community and also spent time in personal prayer. Finally, after touching holiness, I would like to become one of them thanks to Holy Spirit!

Your dream, hope and heart before arrival in England – Project Europe?

I prayed the Rosary every day for the place and people of my mission land where I will be sent. In Great Britain, I would like to be present with Salesians among the young people with my joyful, happy and youthuful Salesian spirit. I would like to awaken Don Bosco’s charism among young people, so that they may also become saints.

20191004_VIE0.jpg

20191004_VIE1.jpg

20191004_VIE3.jpg

20191004_VIE4.jpg

20191004_VIE5.jpg

20191004_VIE6.jpg

20191004_VIE7.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5941(I)_Turning Plastic Bottle Wastes into a Blessing

By Bro Bernardinus Mei, SDB SDB Post-novitiate, Sunter, North Jakarta Indonesia, 5 February 2023 -- At the beginning, the Sacred Heart of Jesus Post-novitiate Community in Sunter, North Jakarta, Indonesia planned to make compost from leftov...
    Date2023.02.05 CategoryINA Reply0 Views346 file
    Read More
  2. 5940(II)_Salesian Vocation Camp 2023 (Hong Kong) , Lunar New Year Gathering

By CIN SC Hong Kong, China, 3 February 2023 -- As Covid prevention measures loosen, young people who join the monthly Salesian Vocation Camp were able to have a Lunar New Year Gathering in person on the fifth day of the Chinese New Year in ...
    Date2023.02.04 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views489 file
    Read More
  3. 5940(I)_DBFC-Lawaan Celebrates Don Bosco

By Pre-novice Vince Joseph Pedrola DBFC-Lawaan, Cebu, Philippines, 3 February 2023 -- A good number of enriching and formative activities were launched by DBFC to usher in the feast of our father and founder – St. John Bosco. The nove...
    Date2023.02.04 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views546 file
    Read More
  4. 5939(IV)_2023 Annual Message to the SYM - Rector Major

By RMG - Rector Major Valdocco, Turin, 2 February 2023 -- On 31 January, feast of St John Bosco, Fr. Ángel Fernández Artime, the tenth successor of Don Bosco, with a significant message, exhorts young people to renew their soc...
    Date2023.02.02 CategoryRMG Reply1 Views677 file
    Read More
  5. 5939(III)_With Pope Francis praying and appealing for peace in Myanmar

Adapted from FIDES Agency MYM, 2 February 2023 -- There is a ghostly silence in the cities, villages and countryside of Myanmar today (February 1, 2023). Large parts of the civilian population, religious communities, associations, companies...
    Date2023.02.02 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views375 file
    Read More
  6. 5939(II)_The 7th Missions World Advisory Council at Valdocco 2023

By Fr. Arun Michael Charles, SDB (Cambodia delegation) EAO Missionary Animation Coordinator Valdocco, Turin, 2 February 2023 -- The 7th World Advisory Council for the Salesian Missions took place from 27-20 January 2023, this time involving...
    Date2023.02.02 CategoryWorld Reply1 Views498 file
    Read More
  7. 5939(I)_Don Bosco Youth, Vietnam – Walk With Jesus

By Viet SC Gia Lai, Vietnam, 2 February 2023 -- Approximately 300 participants who were young people from the parishes of Plei Rongol Khop, Ba village, Dong Tam as well as eight parishes (Gialai Province – Vietnam) gathered at Plei Ro...
    Date2023.02.02 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views422 file
    Read More
  8. 5938(II)_DBYC-Lawaan Youth Vigil 2023

By Vincent A. Ochea DBYC Lawaan, Cebu, Philippines, 1 February 2023 -- The Don Bosco Youth Center, Lawaan conducted a Youth Vigil last January 28, entitled “Trail A Path: Choices, Chances, and Change”. The program aimed to provi...
    Date2023.02.01 Reply0 Views484 file
    Read More
  9. 5938(I)_Salesian Family Day - THAILAND

By THA SC Sampran, Thailand, 1 February 2023 -- On 28 January 2023, the Salesian Family of Thailand, led by Fr. Nopphadol Joseph, the delegate, organized the Salesian Family Day at Baan Santitham Savio, Sampran, Nakorn Prathom Province. 120...
    Date2023.02.01 Reply0 Views599 file
    Read More
  10. 5937(IV)_Michaelites in PNG celebrate Blessed Bronislaw Markiewicz

By our own correspondent Michaelites CSMA, PNG, 31 January 2023 -- The Michaelites (CSMA - Congregation of Saint Michael the Archangel) celebrate the feast of their Founder with great solemnity in all 16 countries around the world where the...
    Date2023.01.31 CategoryPGS Reply1 Views421 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 533 Next
/ 533