?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20190716_FIN.jpg

By Fr Gerry Martin, SDB
FIN Provincial

Rome, Italy, 14 July 2019 -- The 82nd Road Map has been given by the Rector Major, Fr Ángel F. Artime, to another new provincial. This time Fr. Gerardo Martin (Gerry) spent his few days in the General House at the end of the beautiful Silver Jubilee Pilgrimage (from the Holy Land to Turin and Rome) from 11-15 July. Beside the personal talks and time with the General Councilors, Fr Gerry dedicated his time to walking and praying in various Basilicas and memorable Churches in Rome. After five days in Rome, before returning to his FIN Province of St John Bosco, Fr Gerry shares his experience:

"I am excited and at the airport waiting to go home, while reflecting on what has happened to me over the past 23 days. It started with the pilgrimage of our group, Fr Joel Camaya, Fr Mon Borja, Fr Ding Cortez, Fr Dindo Vitug and myself, to celebrate our 25 years of Salesian religious profession. Our pilgrimage had the theme of the missionary journey of St Paul. What we thought of as a journey away actually became a “coming home!” Starting from the Holy Land, we followed the path to Ephesus, Thessaloniki, Athens, Malta and finally Rome. Every time we reached our destination, it became a coming back home and touching base with what we learned in Scriptures from our Theologate days in Paranaque. It became a coming home to memories, coming home to friendship, coming home to our Salesian consecration, a coming home to renewed faith.

Of course we went to Valdocco and Colle Don Bosco and its surrounding Salesian holy places. As we traced the places of birth, the childhood, student/seminary days and wandering oratory of Don Bosco, we were proclaiming in our hearts and our lips, “we are Home!” We are blessed and happy to be in Don Bosco’s home; making our connection with him not only in spirit, but also tangible, visual and even gastronomical.

Finally, we reached Rome. After going to the places where St. Paul was, we went to Sacro Cuore. My companions celebrated Mass at the historic side altar of Mary Help of Christians in the Basilica of Sacro Cuore (where Don Bosco cried 15 times celebrating mass in 1887 as he understood all that the Lady told him in his dream at nine). For us, this was a most fitting ending to our pilgrimage home. It made us put together the 25 years of Salesian life in a moment of gratitude to God, to Mary help of Christians and to Don Bosco.

Meanwhile I stayed behind in Sacro Cuore for five days more. As the new provincial of FIN, I took the opportunity of our pilgrimage to meet the Rector Major and his General Councillors. What I thought would be a nerve-wracking moment was actually a time of calm, peace, joy, gratitude and feeling welcomed. I thank Fr. Ángel and his General Council and the Generalate Community for their warm hospitality and expression of fraternity, particularly Fr Vaclav, Bro. Mon Callo and Bro Jess Garcia. But most of all, I thank Fr Ángel and the General Councillors for the “Road map” for the province, their prayers and pledge of support not only to me but most of all to every one in FIN. It is so good to be Home, to feel at home. As I head back to FIN, I can’t wait to share the grace of this homecoming to everone. Salamat!"

20190716_FIN0.jpg

20190716_FIN1.jpg

20190716_FIN2.jpg

20190716_FIN3.jpg

20190716_FIN4.jpg

20190716_FIN5.jpg

20190716_FIN6.jpg

20190716_FIN7.jpg

20190716_FIN8.jpg

20190716_FIN9.jpg

20190716_FIN10.jpg

20190716_FIN11.jpg

20190716_FIN12.jpg

20190716_FIN13.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5952(II)_The recollection for Don Bosco aspirants in three vocational centres: Ben Cat, Can Tho and Xuan Hiep

By Aspirant Andrew Thanh Son Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, 6 March 2023 -- On the 1st Sunday of Lent, 26 February 2023, 130 aspirants from the three vocational centres: Ben Cat, Can Tho, Xuan Hiep, had a recollection at the Provincial House in...
    Date2023.03.06 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views315 file
    Read More
  2. 5952(I)_The Holy Spirit Challenges Us to Become Yeast

By Miss Rica Lavilla, Gr. 12 Albera Matron/English Teacher Joachim Gahekave Jnr, Alfred Muraga and Anthony Leka Grade 12 Students of Don Bosco Technical School, Gabutu Gabutu, Port Moresby, PNG, 6 March 2023 -- On 2 March, 2023, Don Bosco T...
    Date2023.03.06 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views333 file
    Read More
  3. 5951_Indonesia: human trafficking awareness-raising for young Salesians

By Cl. Wilfridus Pita Raja, SDB - Postnovice Jakarta, Indonesia, 5 March 2023 -- Human trafficking is an enormous human crime which underestimates and even tears apart the dignity of human beings. In the last several decades, the issue of h...
    Date2023.03.05 CategoryINA Reply0 Views320 file
    Read More
  4. 5950(II)_Mindanao's Salesian Youth Movement: The Yeast of the Church in the Land of Promise

By Jane Gabriel Maglente and Aengyl Grace Beato Mindanao, Philippines (FIS), 2 March 2023 -- More than 100 young leaders and animators of the ever-growing Salesian Youth Movement in Mindanao actively attended the Leaders and Animators&rsquo...
    Date2023.03.03 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views458 file
    Read More
  5. 5950(I)_DBTSS Kokopo Holy Spirit Mass on Ash Wednesday

By Cl. Thomas Warwara,SDB Rapolo, East New Britain Province PNG, 2 March 2023 -- On 22 February 2023, Don Bosco Technical Secondary School Rapolo had its Holy Spirit Mass which also coincided with the Ash Wednesday celebration. The Season o...
    Date2023.03.03 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views307 file
    Read More
  6. 5949_Welcome to the Sandor Community

Salesian Brothers looking for Specific Formation in English EAO Region, 27 February 2023 -- It is a challenge for the Salesian Brothers to find an adequate specific formation community. Paranaque - Manila-based formation community (formatio...
    Date2023.02.27 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views496 file
    Read More
  7. 5948(II)_The Salesian Sacrament of Presence highlighted

By Fr. Ambrose Pereira, SDB ZOOM, 21 February 2023 -- The General Councillor for Social Communication, Fr Gildasio Mendes, together with the Salesians of the Department, met the Regional Coordinators from across the world for a two-hour onl...
    Date2023.02.22 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views395 file
    Read More
  8. 5948(I)_Leaven of solidarity in communities

By Arlene Abital Lecturer at Don Bosco Technological Institute Photographs by Mr. Francis Gemo, Mr. Jojo Siriban, and Fr. Ariel Macatangay, SDB DBTI East Boroko, Port Moresby PNG, 21 February 2023 -- Don Bosco Technological Institute, East ...
    Date2023.02.22 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views379 file
    Read More
  9. 5947(VI)_Towards the 2023 Salesian Bulletin editors global meeting

World, 19 February 2023 -- The result of the explicit initiative of Don Bosco in 1877, the Salesian Bulletin (SB) over the past 150 years has become a precious tool of charismatic communication, spread across 134 countries where the Don Bos...
    Date2023.02.20 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views393 file
    Read More
  10. 5947(V)_Creative Resolution for the Lenten season

By Eastern USA-Canada province (Salesian News 222) World, 18 February 2023 -- Just a few days before starting the 40-day Lenten journey towards Easter, each SDB local community is called to make a common resolution for how to focus their Le...
    Date2023.02.20 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views444 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 536 Next
/ 536