NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
KOR
2015.02.16 22:55

3546_Salesian Youth Day in Korea

Views 1981 Comment 0

20150216_1_KOR.jpg

By Hilario Seo

15 February 2015, Daejeon: 250 young people gathered at the Salesian Youth Center in Daejeon with “Take off your Sandals” as the theme of their gathering for the 4th edition of SYDK (Salesian Youth Days in Korea.

The principal theme of this year is the Israel people’s deep experience of God. The youngsters joined the SYDK within the two nights and three days’ program, trying to realize that experience of God through leaving from the routine and sharing their own life story as led by God.

The majority of these youngsters belong to the Salesian movement, run by the local communities with the name of “Bosconian” since 2008 Korea Salesian Youth Day which is a fruit of the cooperation between the Salesian family group, SDB, FMA, SCG (Suore della Carità di Gesù) and SYM leaders, especially those who are involved in the field of youth ministry

Young people from all over the country, staying together with Salesians, reflecting the Israel people’s story and experiencing to leave for the desert, had the time to explore God’s plan for each of them. In particular, from the reflection on the life in the desert, they learned what is the meaning of following God’s calling, that is nothing when related to the special person but each of us has to leave our own safety and comfort zone to reach the promised land and in the words of Pope Francis, the “periphery”.

20150216_2_KOR.jpg

Being young, in other words, means that we have dreams. Like Don Bosco, each one of you, young people, make your dream and effort to realize it. We, Salesians are always going to accompany your journey in its actualization.” Fr. Valentin Shin, Provincial Youth Ministry Delegator and main director of SYDK 2015 expressed his best wishes during the closing mass homily, encouraging young people to enforce the SYM more actively in the society of the uncertainty era to help many young people who live hardly with no dream to leave. “Even though the demand of leaving from the accustomed life style is always painful and provokes a strong reaction like seen in the Exodus, we should have the courage to ask to young people who have a strong tendency, who don’t have a fixed desire to find more value in life but also don’t move even in front of a fatal accident.” said Fr. John Jeon, the executive director of the SYDK 2015 when he explained the motive of selecting the theme. “I would like to give this fantastic experience to my friends around me. In 3 days and 2 nights of SYDK, I certainly was able to know how much big is God’s love, and that love continues to be passed to us through Don Bosco and even today by the Salesians. I decided to propose to my friends, taking off their sandals in order to find new dimension of the faith.”

Like the testimony of a youth who participated in the SYDK we hope to spread to the entire country, and to the whole world God’s love for the young. 

20150216_3_KOR.jpg

TAG •
Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 3850(III)_China - Africa Christmas sharing

By Cl. Anthony Lo Po Tak, SDB Ghana (AFW), December 25, 2015 - Merry Christmas! May the light of the New Born King always shine on you! How time flies! I have been here in Ghana already more than three months. I am so blessed and thankful f...
    Date2015.12.27 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views1240 file
    Read More
  2. 3850(II)_Nazareth House, Christmas Day 2015

By Fr. Bosco Nyi Nyi, SDB Anisakan, Myanmar, 25 December 2015 - Hello dear friends around the EAO region! Let me wish you a very Happy Christmas and a grace filled new year 2016! In our Parish and Nazareth Aspirantate (Apostolic School or S...
    Date2015.12.27 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views1833 file
    Read More
  3. 3850(I)_Renewal of Dunlea Center - Sydney

By Mr Paul Mastronardi Sydney, Australia - On Friday 27th November 2015, the Dunlea Centre, Australia’s Original Boys’ Town, had a lot to celebrate. On the grounds of the Engadine site, celebrations were held to mark 75 years of Dunlea Cent...
    Date2015.12.27 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views1345 file
    Read More
  4. 3849_"Walk for a hall", a fundraising campaign in Samoa

By Fr. Mosese Tui, SDB Savaii Island, samoa, 12 December 2015 - Two years after the successful 2013 "WALK FOR THE BUS" (on the pictures) the wider Educative - Pastoral community of Don Bosco Saleleloga (Savaii Island, Samoa) organized anoth...
    Date2015.12.26 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views1635 file
    Read More
  5. 3848_ITM + TIN hold a Christmas meeting in the UPS

By Cl. César Joaquim da Costa, SDB Rome (Gerini), Italy, 23 December 2015 - A joint group of 14 Salesians SDB (ITM - Indonesia-Timor Leste) Viceprovince and FMA Sisters (TIN - Timor Leste-Indonesia) hold a Christmas meeting in the UPS - Rom...
    Date2015.12.25 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views1800 file
    Read More
  6. 3847_Papua New Guinea – Solomon Islands Vice-province

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! December 24 for PGS By Fr. Stefano Vanoli, SDB Secretary General Rome, Italy - On December 23, the last day of the 2015 General Council session was approved the erection of the new Vice-province of Blessed Philip Rinaldi ‘Pa...
    Date2015.12.24 CategoryPGS Reply1 Views2855 file
    Read More
  7. 3846(III)_Christmas is coming - Slow Down!

By Our Own Correspondent The Year of Mercy gives a special touch to the Christmas of 2015. There were some 'Holy Door' opened also in some Salesian parishes like in Hamamatsu multicultural parish (Japan, GIA province) as well in the Ulanbaa...
    Date2015.12.23 CategoryEAO Reply1 Views1332 file
    Read More
  8. 3846(II)_Merry Christmas from Sihanoukville

By Bro. Roberto Panetto, SDB Sihanoukville, Cambodia, 23 December 2105 - It is in this time of the year when we joyfully wrap-up two significant bundles-of-joy; the significant milestones of every school year: Foremost, the joy of sending-o...
    Date2015.12.23 CategoryCamb. Reply0 Views1432 file
    Read More
  9. 3846(I)_Giving Hands and make others Happy

By Bro. Andrew Tran Le Phuong, SDB Ulanbaatar, Mongolia, 19 December 2015 - The Youth Commission of the Mongolia Prefecture headed by Bro. Andrew organized Youth Christmas Celebration in the Gym of Don Bosco Ulaanbaatar. Participated around...
    Date2015.12.23 CategoryMong. Reply0 Views1510 file
    Read More
  10. 3845_From the five continents to Rome - Merry Christmas!

By Fr. Vaclav klement 'All roads lead to Rome' - this old proverb is becoming again true when visiting the SDB and FMA international communities in Rome before Christmas 2015. At present time there are really present Salesians (both SDB, FM...
    Date2015.12.22 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views1485 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 ... 533 Next
/ 533