?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

ESCClose

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print

20150519_GIA.jpg

By Fr Yoshiki Sekiya, SDB

Tokyo, Japan, May 9 - The board meeting for the founding of the National Federation of Salesian Past Pupils was held at the Salesian Polytechnic in Machida, Tokyo. Board members and representatives of alumni associations of the Salesian Polytechinic College, Hyuga High-school (Miyzaki Prefecture), Osaka Seiko High-school (Osaka), Salesio High-school (Yokohama), and Salesio Elementary School and Junior High-school (Tokyo), as well as the Directors of the respective schools, 30 in all, participated in the founding event.

Mr. Yoshida Hiroshi (President of the Past Pupils of Osaka Seiko High) who was assigned to be the first President of the National Federation, said in his speech, “I would like to ask for your understanding and collaboration in accepting our diversity, getting together, sharing with and supporting each other, putting our strengths together, so that we can make contribution to our society.” The Salesian Provincial Fr. Yamanouchi Mario, who will be the Advisor of the Federation congratulated its founding and encouraged the members, “After a long preparation, in the bicentenary year of Don Bosco’s birth, a dream has come true. I sincerely thank everyone. I hope the Federation will grow, welcoming more people, so you may contribute to our society in Japan and also to the global society.”

The day became an intensive one with lively discussions on future activities of the Federation, followed by a tour around the Polytechnic College and a convivial gathering hosted by the members of the Polytechnic.

The Federation plans to initiate activities for interaction, formation, support for the youth, and support the founding of Past Pupils of the Salesio Elementary School and Junior High-school, as well as send representatives to the World Federation Congress to be held in Rome and Turin in October this year.