?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 1703 Comment 0

20150726_WOR.jpg

By Fr. Lino Belo, SDB

Gent, Belgium - On June 27 was ordained in Gent, Belgium Fr. Andreas Jebarus, an Indonesian Salesian missionary, born 33 years ago in Flores Island, Ruteng.

In 2009 he was sent by the Rector major to BEN province, spent his practical training near Amsterdam (Rijswijk) - Netherlands and continue his theological studies in Leuwen (Belgium) with other young missionaries.

Fr. Jebarus was ordained to priesthoood by Mons. Luc Van Looy, SDB.

He is the first young missionary sent as practical trainee to BEN province after the opening of Project Europe.

After few days of Thanksgiving Mass in Belgium Salesian communities he left for his native Indonesia to give thanks amidst his native people and with the Salesians of Indonesia delegation.

After the priestly ordination is very meaningful to read his very personal sharing of Fr. Andreas coming from his heart during his formation years:

"Coming from my personal life experiences there is only one way to be a missionary mostly in these lands of Western Europe: I have to be a truly Salesian! I have to be a fruitful Salesian. I cannot be otherwise because I would become otherwise a “dead” Salesian. Neither I cannot be in between… I have to be a radical Salesian!!! Means, I have to live as Don Bosco of better like a new Don Bosco. This is the only way to make our presence fruitful, to make me feel at home… otherwise there is no way forward. Those who are living in a mediocre life style, or those who are living for the sake of working or maybe better for the sake of their own dreams they have no future in this European situation. Here we can't be proud of what we are doing, if we cannot make Christ's presence tangible".

Thanks for this sharing coming from the bottom of his heart, echoing the ongoing appeal of the Rector Major as well.

The Timor Leste - Indonesia province have already sent 19 missionaries ad gentes abroad. 6 of them are from Indonesia. For a Delegation with 30 perpetually professed Salesians it's a great sign of love for the universal Church and the Congregation. Let's pray that the life witness of Fr. Andy will wake up more missionaries full of faith in his homeland and amidst the Indonesia Delegation young confreres.

20150726_WOR1.jpg

20150726_WOR2.jpg

20150726_WOR3.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 3929(III)_Retor Major meets the Salesians of Don Bosco (RM in EAO_9)

By Fr. Joel Camaya, SDB Makati City, Philippines, 5 March 2016 - “Siamo nati per i giovani più bisognosi” (“We were born for young people who are most in need”). This line was among the many inspiring ones from the conference delivered by t...
    Date2016.03.06 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views1532 file
    Read More
  2. 3929(I)_Mother Yvonne visits in Solomon Islands

By Sr. Matalena Leota Su'atele, FMA Honiara, Solomon Islands, 1 March 2016 - The visit of Mother Yvonne Reungoat, Superior General of the FMA Sisters to Mary Help of Christians South Pacific Region (SPR) that includes Australia, Samoa, and ...
    Date2016.03.06 CategoryFMA Reply0 Views917 file
    Read More
  3. 3929(II)_The hands of the Rector Major in Cambodia (RM in EAO_8)

By Fr. Albeiro Rodas, SDB Kep City, Cambodia, 2 March 2016 - The Rector Major let the print of his hands in Cambodia, at the feet of the Don Bosco Birth House Monument in Kep Province. In a simple ceremony on March 2, Don Ángel visited the ...
    Date2016.03.05 CategoryCamb. Reply0 Views921 file
    Read More
  4. 3928(II)_Interview with a Timorese missionary in Bangladesh

By Fr. Andre Belo, SDB Utrail, Bangladesh, 5 March 2016 - The Bangladesh mission was started in 2009 with the initiative of Fr. Francis Alencherry former Councilor for the Missions. At present there are two communities and thriving group of...
    Date2016.03.05 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views957 file
    Read More
  5. 3928(I)_Novice-Master formation course after 23 years

By Fr. Anthony Boonlert, SDB Rome, Italy, 5 March 2016 - First time after the previous Novice-Master course in 1993, last February 29 was started another chapter of their formation history. During 2016, the Formation sector organized three ...
    Date2016.03.05 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views1014 file
    Read More
  6. 3927_Rector Major arrives in Manila (RM in EAO_7)

By Fr. Drans Nolasco, SDB Manila, Philippines, 4 March 2016 – The Rector Major, Fr. Angel Fernandez Artime, SDB, arrived at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport Terminal 2 (NAIA2) today, March 4, 2016 at 7:35pm to visit both the Philippin...
    Date2016.03.05 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views1141 file
    Read More
  7. 3926(III)_First historical visit of the Rector Major to Laos (RM in EAO-6)

By Our Own Correspondent Vientiane, Laos, 4 March 2016 - The humble education work for the poor youth of Laos started as a collaboration between the Don Bosco Foundation of Thailand and the Lao Youth Union in 2004 brought also Fr. Angel F. ...
    Date2016.03.04 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views927 file
    Read More
  8. 3926(II)_For the bright future of Don Bosco in Cambodia (RM in EAO-5)

By Our Own Correspondent Sihanoukville, Cambodia, 4 March 2016 - Last full day of the Rector Majors visit in Cambodia, March 2, was focused on the intense and future oriented meetings with all Salesians of Cambodia and the THA provincial co...
    Date2016.03.04 CategoryCamb. Reply0 Views933 file
    Read More
  9. 3926(I)_EAO Provincial Economers Meeting in Myanmar - Resolutions

By Fr. Andy Satura, SDB EAO regional coordinator Anisacan, Myanmar, March 1 – 3, 2016 - All 24 participants of the 2016 Myanmar - Anisakan (Don Bosco Retreat House) EAO economers meeting are already leaving back home with many happy memorie...
    Date2016.03.04 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views1229 file
    Read More
  10. 3925_Salesian Youth Day 2016- "Love, starting with mutual respect"

By Fr. Martin Yip, SDB Hong Kong, 27 February 2016 - Salesian Youth Day (SYD) is an annual celebration for the youth who follow Don Bosco. This year, the idea of SYD is to promote the pastoral theme of China Province, entitled as “Chastity,...
    Date2016.03.03 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views1032 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 ... 536 Next
/ 536