austraLasia

?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 2815 Comment 0
20150721_GIA.jpg

An interview with two novices after 50 years of Mons. Cimatti's death, Oct 6, 1965

By Philip Neri and John Baptist, Salesian novice

Chofu, Tokyo, Japan

Who is Jesus for you? Who was the person who introduced you in the Catholic faith?

• Jesus is the greatest supporter for me. And when my soul’s condition is fine, I feel he is good friend!
  • Jesus is like father for me. My parents introduced me the Christian faith in my childhood

What or who does sustain your faith in Jesus Christ?

• My faith was guided to God by my mother. (My father isn’t Catholic). She took my brothers to the church every Sunday, and we prayed together every night since I couldn’t understand what it means.
  • To depend on the Jesus and to bear my cross. If I success every times every things, I may forget to depend on him and abandon my faith. Prayer of my sisters and my family , friends , benefactors. I know that many people pray for me and I pray for myself and my vocation too.

Can you share your Salesian vocation story? How was the vocation journey so far?

• First, my mother met Bishop Mizobe when she was young, and it made connection with Salesians. Bishop Mizobe invited my brother to Bible camp in lake of Nojiri. (It’s the best training vocation camp in Japan) I participated in it when I was 13 years old. I can know about Don Bosco, Salesians, and Asp in Yokkaichi there. All was new for me! Second year which I was in Asp in Yokkaichi, Fr. Hamasaki said to us in a director’s lecture “I wish someone who are here, will become a missionary”. Then, an idea of work in foreign countries as a Salesian and a missionary was born and grow in my mind.
  • My sister who was an Aspirant of Caritas Sisters of Jesus recommended me to the Salesians.

What is your favorite Scripture verse or story?

• Paul’s Letter to the Philippians chapter 4, verse 4 ‘Rejoice always in the Lord’
  • Luke Gospel 23, 34. "Father, forgive them; for they do not know what they are doing."

What did attract you on the person of Don Bosco or his Salesians?

• Don Bosco and his Salesians “call” children during playtime in ground, and doing activity. I was also “be called” them during playtime in lake of Nojiri. They have shown me missionary work is not bombastic but do with “live”.
  • Salesians’ cheerfulness. They always meet anyone with smile.

How do you meet Mons. Cimatti in Chofu novitiate?

• I meet him through Fr. Compri’s class once every week; or when praying a Rosary on day for preparing good death (=monthly recollection). I meet him by reading many books about him.
  • I sometime visit the tomb of Don Cimatti and pray in silence.

What is your favorite sport, hobby….?

• To play basketball (I was in the basketball club), watch drama in Reasonable Theater.
  • I love soccer very much. I started to play piano 3 months ago, now I’ am very interested in it.

What did you help most in your Salesian vocation journey?

• Don Bosco’s attractive Charism. Prayer from many people. I can feel many people support me. Fraternal life in Salesian community. Especially, senior Salesian Brothers - Akabae and Kitanishi are the best model as Salesian and one of good Christian for me.
  • Living together as brothers and helping each other.

What is your future Salesian dream?

• I want to work in foreign countries as a missionary. If it will possible, I want to work for saving people’s soul and education of children in developing country. I want to work at an institution for homeless or maltreated children as Salesian. I want to give poor children a lot of love of God as a Salesian.
  • I want to become a Parish priest. A parish Priest who are playing and praying with youngsters.

Thank you! All these questions are an opportunity to look back our life, vocation, and faith. After that, we would like to meditate about each question again, and deepen it. We novices of Japan would like to pray for all Salesians in the EAO region!

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 3929(III)_Retor Major meets the Salesians of Don Bosco (RM in EAO_9)

By Fr. Joel Camaya, SDB Makati City, Philippines, 5 March 2016 - “Siamo nati per i giovani più bisognosi” (“We were born for young people who are most in need”). This line was among the many inspiring ones from the conference delivered by t...
    Date2016.03.06 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views1531 file
    Read More
  2. 3929(I)_Mother Yvonne visits in Solomon Islands

By Sr. Matalena Leota Su'atele, FMA Honiara, Solomon Islands, 1 March 2016 - The visit of Mother Yvonne Reungoat, Superior General of the FMA Sisters to Mary Help of Christians South Pacific Region (SPR) that includes Australia, Samoa, and ...
    Date2016.03.06 CategoryFMA Reply0 Views917 file
    Read More
  3. 3929(II)_The hands of the Rector Major in Cambodia (RM in EAO_8)

By Fr. Albeiro Rodas, SDB Kep City, Cambodia, 2 March 2016 - The Rector Major let the print of his hands in Cambodia, at the feet of the Don Bosco Birth House Monument in Kep Province. In a simple ceremony on March 2, Don Ángel visited the ...
    Date2016.03.05 CategoryCamb. Reply0 Views921 file
    Read More
  4. 3928(II)_Interview with a Timorese missionary in Bangladesh

By Fr. Andre Belo, SDB Utrail, Bangladesh, 5 March 2016 - The Bangladesh mission was started in 2009 with the initiative of Fr. Francis Alencherry former Councilor for the Missions. At present there are two communities and thriving group of...
    Date2016.03.05 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views957 file
    Read More
  5. 3928(I)_Novice-Master formation course after 23 years

By Fr. Anthony Boonlert, SDB Rome, Italy, 5 March 2016 - First time after the previous Novice-Master course in 1993, last February 29 was started another chapter of their formation history. During 2016, the Formation sector organized three ...
    Date2016.03.05 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views1014 file
    Read More
  6. 3927_Rector Major arrives in Manila (RM in EAO_7)

By Fr. Drans Nolasco, SDB Manila, Philippines, 4 March 2016 – The Rector Major, Fr. Angel Fernandez Artime, SDB, arrived at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport Terminal 2 (NAIA2) today, March 4, 2016 at 7:35pm to visit both the Philippin...
    Date2016.03.05 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views1141 file
    Read More
  7. 3926(III)_First historical visit of the Rector Major to Laos (RM in EAO-6)

By Our Own Correspondent Vientiane, Laos, 4 March 2016 - The humble education work for the poor youth of Laos started as a collaboration between the Don Bosco Foundation of Thailand and the Lao Youth Union in 2004 brought also Fr. Angel F. ...
    Date2016.03.04 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views927 file
    Read More
  8. 3926(II)_For the bright future of Don Bosco in Cambodia (RM in EAO-5)

By Our Own Correspondent Sihanoukville, Cambodia, 4 March 2016 - Last full day of the Rector Majors visit in Cambodia, March 2, was focused on the intense and future oriented meetings with all Salesians of Cambodia and the THA provincial co...
    Date2016.03.04 CategoryCamb. Reply0 Views933 file
    Read More
  9. 3926(I)_EAO Provincial Economers Meeting in Myanmar - Resolutions

By Fr. Andy Satura, SDB EAO regional coordinator Anisacan, Myanmar, March 1 – 3, 2016 - All 24 participants of the 2016 Myanmar - Anisakan (Don Bosco Retreat House) EAO economers meeting are already leaving back home with many happy memorie...
    Date2016.03.04 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views1229 file
    Read More
  10. 3925_Salesian Youth Day 2016- "Love, starting with mutual respect"

By Fr. Martin Yip, SDB Hong Kong, 27 February 2016 - Salesian Youth Day (SYD) is an annual celebration for the youth who follow Don Bosco. This year, the idea of SYD is to promote the pastoral theme of China Province, entitled as “Chastity,...
    Date2016.03.03 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views1032 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 ... 536 Next
/ 536