?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 1681 Comment 0

20150508_AUL.jpg

By Our Own Correspondent

On the evening of May 8, Fr. Petelo Vito Pau, the Rector of Alafua Don Bosco community in Samoa shared his grateful heart during the welcoming speech to the Rector Major in the DBTS gymnasium filled with some three hundred guests (SDB, FMA, Lay mission partners and youth) coming together from our Salesian parishes and schools:

“Thank you for being in our midst! It’s a great joy to welcome you in our midst and our beautiful island of Samoa. We wish you cordial welcome – patipati! (= big clap of hands in Samoan) Rector major, this is your first visit to our shores and for this we are very honored, privileged, proud and very delighted. It’s a time of grace, to share our life and to listen to you.

For me personally, I thank God to have lived to this day to meet you in person. I mentioned this, because that was one very important part of my Dream. Fr. Pascual Chávez visited Samoa in 2004 and shared 3 years later in his letter (Acts of the General Council, February 2007): ‘I was able to verify for myself during my journey to Australia and Samoa the the most distant place from Rome is in the EAO region. It was the first Samoan Rector, who was absent at the time of my visit, who expressed later in 2006 as his dream: I would like to visit the holy places of Don Bosco and at least once in my life meet the Rector Major personally.’

Rector Major, I was that Samoa Rector who was absent and who expressed this dream, to meet the Rector Major. Today, my dream is fulfilled, it becomes a reality. I now meet you here, the tenth successor of St. Don Bosco in person. The only thing left of that dream is to come and visit your dwelling place in Rome, Italy.

But this is not just my dream. All of us here share in the dream of Don Bosco, the dream to serve the Lord and the young people with joy. Our young people also share this dream. Here in Samoa, Don Bosco is not just a name; it’s a way of life and a family!....”

After 11 days of his Pacific visit Fr. Ángel reached finally Samoa – country with 36 years old Salesian presence started in 1979. It’s the most distant Salesian presence from the General house in Rome. Exactly it’s 16.874 kilometers. It’s also the most distant part of Australia – Pacific province (four countries – one province: Australia, Fiji, Samoa and New Zealand).

Fr.Ángel will spend three days with ten Salesians SDB (eight priests, two clerics in practical training), five SDB aspirants, eight FMA sisters, many Don Bosco Past Pupils, hundreds of our Lay mission partners and young people. At present we have in Samoa three parishes, two schools, oratories and aspirantate. Alafua Don Bosco Technical school celebrated last year 25th year of foundation.

It’s for the third time when a successor of Don Bosco does reach Samoa - Fr. Viganó was here in 1982, Fr. Chávez in 2004 and now also Fr. Ángel in 2015.

20150508_AUL1.jpg

20150508_AUL2.jpg

20150508_AUL3.jpg

20150508_AUL4.jpg

20150508_AUL5.jpg

20150508_AUL6.jpg

20150508_AUL7.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4125_Salesian Family welcomes the Apostolic Nuncio

By Fr. Ambrose Pereira, SDB Port Moresby, PNG, 7 September 2016 -- The Salesian Family were delighted to welcome His Excellency Archbishop Kurian Mathew Vayalunkal, the new Apostolic Nuncio to Papua New Guinea and Solomon Islands on Septemb...
    Date2016.09.08 CategoryPGS Reply2 Views946 file
    Read More
  2. 4124_Preparing for the Salesian Garden

By Fr. Carmelo Simoncelli, SDB Beppu, Salesio House In charge Beppu, Japan, 6 September 2016 -- Like the Braga House in Hong Kong - China, also our Salesio House in Beppu, Southern Japan - Kyushu Island, is a haven for the elderly and sick ...
    Date2016.09.06 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views949 file
    Read More
  3. 4123(III)_Salesian Cooperators are born again in Beppu Oratory

By Fr. Vaclav Klement, SDB Beppu, Japan, 4 September 2016 -- 2016 July issue of the Japan Salesian Bulletin (Don Bosco No Kaze - two annual issues, n.17) brings an interesting article about Oratory experience in Beppu: Valdocco of Japan. Th...
    Date2016.09.05 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views894 file
    Read More
  4. 4123(II)_DBTI 3rd Year commences Practice Teaching

By Ms. Arlene Abital Port Moresby, PNG, 2 September 2016 -- AS the academic year moves on, students at Don Bosco Technological Institute, Port Moresby are preparing themselves for what lies ahead. The Third year Bachelor students at Don Bos...
    Date2016.09.05 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1216 file
    Read More
  5. 4123(I)_Open new Academic year at Don Rua Institute of Dalat

By Fr. Francis Phuoc, SDB Dalat, Vietnam, 1 September 2016 -- After the summer time, our Don Rua community at Dalat started new school year 2016 – 2017 in September the 1st. The atmosphere of the day was very joyful and impressive. The day ...
    Date2016.09.05 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views823 file
    Read More
  6. 4122_Salesian Family Spirit is alive in Miyazaki

Opening for the poor youth in Miyazaki By Fr. Noby Tamura, SDB Miyazaki, Japan, 3 September 2016 -- 90 years after arrival of the first Salesians to Japan (Miyazaki Oita Apostolic Prefecture) in February 1926, the Salesian spirit is much al...
    Date2016.09.04 CategoryGIA Reply1 Views940 file
    Read More
  7. 4121(IV)_Animation visit of Fr. Ivo Coelho (Gen. Councilor for Formation)

By Fr. Lino Belo, SDB ITM, Delegate for Indonesia Jakarta, Indonesia, 2 September 2016 -- Between September 1 and 9, Fr. Ivo Coelho, General Councilor for Formation and his team members Fr Silvio Roggia are on the animation visit to Indones...
    Date2016.09.03 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views912 file
    Read More
  8. 4121(III)_The day of gratitude at blessed Philip Rinaldi Community

By Fr Peter Chinh, SDB Xuan Hiep, Vietnam, 31 August 2016 -- On Wednesday morning, more than 800 benefactors and their family members gathered at Blessed Philip Rinaldi Community to celebrate The Day of Gratitude. The Day of Gratitude has b...
    Date2016.09.03 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views1127 file
    Read More
  9. 4121(II)_Thanksgiving Mass of Fr Moïse

By Cl. Jerome Quinto, SDB Parañaque City, the Philippines, 1 September 2016 -- Fr Moïse Paluku Maneno, SDB celebrated his Thanksgiving Mass in the Seminaryo ng Don Bosco (SnDB) Chapel with the SnDB, Don Bosco Center of Studies and Sandor Sa...
    Date2016.09.03 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views1169 file
    Read More
  10. 4121(I)_DBVG - Solomon Islands 16th expedition

By Fr. Mishima Shin, SDB YM Delegate GIA Tokyo, Japan, 31 August 2016 -- 'Thanks to God and to many people for their prayers and support! These three weeks experience with 9 young volunteers was very fruitful' - this is the first thought of...
    Date2016.09.03 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views2256 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 ... 533 Next
/ 533