Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 10094 Comment 1

20150605_KOR.jpg

“A true missionary who lived an authentic life in the Joy of the Gospel”

By Bro. Hilario Seo, SDB

Seoul, Korea - A title was dedicated to the Superior General of the Caritas Sisters, Sr. Apollinaris who, while during her visit in the missions place suddenly collapsed and passed away. Yesterday, June 4, the three provinces of the Caritas Sisters of Korea - Seoul, Suwon and Kwangju celebrated the Holy Mass to pay tribute for the death of Sr. Apollinaris. The eucharistic celebration in Bangbedong, Seoul provincial house was presided by the Bishop of Jeju, Mons. Peter Kang with 10 Salesian concelebrants. Bishop Peter introduced his personal acquaintance with Sr. Shimura and showed his respect to her strong life as a consecrated person, embedded deep behind her soft and sociable smile. In his homily he said, “If you read the letters of Sr. Apollonaris to the sisters of CSJ, she often emphasised the recommendation of Pope Francisco, of following one’s consecrated life faithfully. Particularly as the superior of the Congregation she had a willingness to visit the sisters who live in the periphery with the poor in oder to see and hear from them the joy of the Gospel they live and tried to spread it to others. Sr. Apollinaris was doing this work when she visited Brazil and suddenly passed.” He further mentioned that the sudden call to heaven itself is nothing else but a great gift from the Holy Father as the compensation for her missionary life, “true missionary who lived an authentic life in the Joy of the Gospel.”

About 200 people including the Caritas Sisters, the Salesian family members and lay peoples attended the Requiem Mass, while soothing themselves for her passing and giving thanks for her life. In particular, since 2004, being the Superior General of the Caritas Sisters, she did a great job in solving some problems within the Congregation as she relied on to the Divine Providence. She confronted the delicate cultural and ethnological issues between the Korean and Japanese sisters, depending on the will of God with all her heart. The Congregation’s name was changed from Miyazaki Caritas Sisters to Caritas Sisters of Jesus, transferring the Headquarter from Tokyo to Rome while leading the peace and unity in the Congregation without hesitation. Through her sacrifice, the CSJ recovered its unity and additionally also expanded its mission territories to South American countries and Africa in South Sudan.

“We give thanks to the effort and result obtained she had done in consolidating the identity of the belonging to the Salesian family. Now it’s time to lay down the heavy and lonely burdens of the Calvary while enjoying the glory in the garden of Don Bosco together with the founders, Don Cimatti and Don Cavolli, and we are sure that she intercede for each sisters of CSJ.” said Fr. Stephano Yang, the Provincial of KOR, in his commemorative talk for Sr. Apollinaris. Sr. Natalia Hong, Provincial of Seoul Province of CSJ, on the other hand gave thanks to the Salesian family, saying to overcome the sad and shocking loss of a kind and benevolent mother and expressing her gratitude by resolving in the realisation of the CSJ’s charism in accordance with Sr. Apollinaris’ will.

Sr. Apollinaris spent her whole life in the vocation, in bearing the mercy of the Sacred Heart of Jesus to the poor. We sincerely appreciate that she believed truly the joy of the Gospel and had fulfilled her life. This we regard as an authentic missionary handed out to the last persons. We give our grace to the Father for giving her to us as a present. In the imitation of her example life, we commit ourselves to love more the Sacred Heart of Jesus, live in the joy of the Gospel and take in action the Pope’s message and the Salesian family spirit.

20150605_KOR1.jpg

20150605_KOR2.jpg

20150605_KOR3.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )
  • maliwan 2015.06.05 17:38

Thank you for the news of Mother Apollinaris. I appreciated her witness of life. I personally met her very often when we had the Consultative Comnittee of the Salesian Family and the CSM Generalrate in Rome. I always remember her in my prayer.

May she rest in peace with God forever.

Sr.maliwan, SIHM, Thailand

1. 4143(II)_The Salesian Family celebrate togetherness

By Sr. Pamela Vecina, FMA Port Moresby,PNG, 25 September 2016 -- September 24-25 was the first Salesian Family Day of the new Salesian Province of Papua New Guinea and Solomon Islands. The members of the Salesian Cooperators from Kokopo and...
    Date2016.09.26 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views970 file
    Read More
  2. 4143(I)_Welcome to Tokyo 2017 – EAO Congress of Salesian Cooperators!

Together – Come – For the Young! By Fr. Václav Klement, SDB Tokyo, Japan, 24 September 2016 -- Ten members of the JOC (Japan Organizing Committee) for the 2017 EAO and Japan Provincial Council of the Salesiani Cooperatori gathered in Yotsuy...
    Date2016.09.26 CategoryGIA Reply1 Views1191 file
    Read More
  3. 4142_New Delegate Superior in the Land of the Blue Sky

By Fr. Antony Kishore, SDB Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia, 24 September 2016 -- Fr. Paul Leung has been installed as a new Mongolian Delegate and Rector of Mary Help of Christian community Ulaanbaatar. He made profession of faith in front of all the...
    Date2016.09.25 CategoryMong. Reply0 Views862 file
    Read More
  4. 4141_Come be missionaries!

By Bro. Jomar Castillo, SDB Turin, Italy, 24 September 2016 -- I am Bro. Jomar, a Salesian Coadjutor, from Philippines North (FIN) bound to Manaus, Brazil (BMA). I had a chance to interview Fr. Alfred about the Orientation Course for New Mi...
    Date2016.09.24 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views1368 file
    Read More
  5. 4140(II)_Do you know Chieri today?

Chieri, ten years of Don Bosco life By Fr. Eligio Caprioglio, SDB Chieri SDB community rector Chieri, Italy, 22 September 2016 -- Three years after being transferred from Ivrea (former Missionary Aspirantate) to Chieri (city of 35.000 where...
    Date2016.09.23 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views753 file
    Read More
  6. 4140(I)_Moving Towards the “New Preventive System”

By Fr. Gary Carbon, SDB Tainan, Taiwan, 22 September 2016 -- Our Rector Major emeritus, Don Pascual Chavez, once said in his conference in Ratisbonne, Jerusalem (February 19, 2015) on the “new preventive system”: “If there is New Evangeliza...
    Date2016.09.23 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views891 file
    Read More
  7. 4139(III)_DBCS Responded to Fire, Welcomed Victims

By Cl. Jerome Quinto, SDB Parañaque City, the Philippines, 21 September 2016 -- Salesians, students, and lay mission partners of Don Bosco Center of Studies (DBCS) responded immediately to a third-alarm fire that broke out in a section of a...
    Date2016.09.22 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views760 file
    Read More
  8. 4139(II)_Communion of comunities in Hamamatsu

Model for Yokohama diocese multicultural communities – Hamamatsu By Fr. Angel Yamanouchi, SDB Yokohama, Japan, 21 September 2016 -- The Year of Mercy in Yokohama diocese is marked visibly by two Holy Doors – one in the Cathedral of Yokohama...
    Date2016.09.22 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views906 file
    Read More
  9. 4139(I)_From Myanmar to South Sudan

Report of the first Salesian missionary from Myanmar By Cl. Francisco Biu, SDB Nairobi, Keyna, 21 September 2016 -- Please, pray for South Sudan! The civil war which broke out in 2013 (South Sudan - Juba) still continues until today. And it...
    Date2016.09.22 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views1125 file
    Read More
  10. 4138_For you I study, for you I give all!

Japanese missionary in South Sudan By Cl. Chihiro Morito, SDB Moshi, Tanzania, 19 September 2016 -- Among the 75 young Salesian postnovices of Moshi (Tanzania) international formation community is also one Japanese missionary (related story...
    Date2016.09.21 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views1153 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 ... 533 Next
/ 533