PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 643 Comment 0
ALA_5383

20200522_WOR.jpg

Italy, Spain, Germany, Albania and Slovakia

By Missions Sector (World)

Europe, 22 May 2020 -- Watching all five Oratory videos of the 2020 Salesian Mission Day 'Rejoice! - Initial Proclamation in Europe through Oratories and Youth Centers - offers a wonderful and deep insight into the Salesian heart of Europe. From Atocha (Madrid-Spain), Lecce (Puglia - Italy), Mamateyova - Petrzalka (Bratislava - Slovakia), Shkoder - Scutari (Albania) to Chemnitz (Germany) you can listen to many young people, animators, group leaders, apostolate coordinators, directors of youth centres, volunteers, coaches, teachers, Don Bosco Past Pupils, Salesian Cooperators or Salesians SDB - community rectors, oratory directors - all who give their life to the Oratory of Don Bosco in Europe now.

Aside from the variety of sports, faith, group activities of all kinds - these five videos offer a deeper insight through the many interviews on Oratory education with pastoral team members. A surprising large number of them are indeed former Oratorians, former leaders and also Salesian Cooperators. Many of them speak in their interview about 'finding their vocation in the Oratory'. You can enjoy no fewer than 29 different life stories around the Oratory. You can enter the rich dynamics of the Oratory with its intertwining of games and catechesis, school and parish, group experience with summer camps.

Through the video interviews that are also shared in the animation booklet in print form, you encounter many SDBs: Fr Inaki Lete (Spain), Fr Bledar Huba and Cl. Dritan Bushi (Albania), Fr Francesco Redavid (Italy), Fr Tomas Hajek (Germany), Fr Albert Krottenhaler (Germany), Fr Stanislav Hurbani (Slovakia) and Fr Martin Josko (Slovakia).

Many Salesian Cooperators share their vocation story or Oratory apostolic experience and dreams: Sergio Petrarca (Italy), Cristiana Calogiuri (Italy), Elena del Coco (Italy) or Barbara Klose (Germany).

We give thanks to the Mission Sector team and IME communication (Italy-Southern Italy province, Naples) and all those who have contributed to these five videos. At the same time our hope is that the European Oratory and Youth Centre experience will reach the Salesians in other continents - to know the Project Europe reality and also to be inspired for a more Don Bosco-like Oratory in their own countries.

A variety of personal testimonies in these videos may inspire many: like the formal professional football player and now coach in the Oratory in Bratislava, Pavol Kostic: "I love football, and I believe that it was God who brought me to this Salesian football club.... Here I try to bring these kids close to a correct, upstanding life, which, in the final analysis, means bringing them closer to God - that is the most important thing. With a cheerful style, I watch football differently than when I played it as a professional...".

SMD 2020 Videos on Facebook pages (70 minutes video from 5 EU contries)

Related news article:

20200522_WOR1.jpg

20200522_WOR2.jpg

20200522_WOR3.jpg

20200522_WOR4.jpg

20200522_WOR5.jpg
Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5990(I)_From Africa to Oceania to love and serve

PGS, 25 May 2023 -- My name is Joël Komlan ATTISSO. I am 28 years old. I am originally from Togo. I am a member of 151st missionary expedition (2020). Since it was at the height of COVID-19, we were not able to have our orientation bef...
    Date2023.05.25 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1020 file
    Read More
  2. 5989(VI)_Xuan Hiep HCM: A Celebration of the Feast of our Mother the Help of Christians

By Viet SC Xuan Hiep, Vietnam, 24 May 2023 -- Joining the joy with the whole Salesian Family celebrate the feast of our Mother the Help of Christians, at 19:30 on May 23, 2023, Philip Rinaldi Theological Community and Don Parish Bosco Xuan ...
    Date2023.05.25 Reply0 Views232 file
    Read More
  3. 5989(V)_More than a wish granted

By Agnes B. Paulino Manila, Philippines, 24 May 2023 (although written one year earlier) -- It is almost midnight and sleep does not come. It could be due to the coffee I had when I took my medicines. It could be the adrenaline working on o...
    Date2023.05.25 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views323 file
    Read More
  4. 5989(IV)_From EAO to South Sudan

South Sudan, 24 May 2023 -- Two missionaries from our EAO region share their experiences: Cl. Peter Tran Quang Tri (left in photo) and Br Joseph Thuan Thien Truc Tran (right in photo). Both were members of the 152 missionary expedition (202...
    Date2023.05.25 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views367 file
    Read More
  5. 5989(III)_Salesian Educators today: The Yeast in the Dough

By Leo Paraha and Fr Ambrose Pereira SDB Bomana, Port Moresby, PNG 24 May 2023 -- ‘Salesian Educators Today – The Yeast in the Dough’ was the theme of the retreat for the Salesian Lay Educators from Don Bosco Technical Sch...
    Date2023.05.24 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views342 file
    Read More
  6. 5989(II)_"Everything is good!"

A biography of the Salesian missionary, Fr. John Tae-seok Lee, published on the occasion of the Feast of the Mary Help of Christians By Ivo Seon-ho Choe President of the Fr. John Lee Memorial Foundation. Seoul, Korea, 24 May 223 -- “I...
    Date2023.05.24 CategoryKOR Reply0 Views303 file
    Read More
  7. 5989(I)_The Heart of Don Bosco in Brunswick, Australia

By Afia Enosa SDB Don Bosco Youth Centre, Brunswick (Melbourne), Australia, 24 May 2023 -- Young people and parents coming from Brunswick and surrounding suburbs find Don Bosco Youth Centre a welcoming place; a home away from home; an envir...
    Date2023.05.24 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views362 file
    Read More
  8. 5988(II)_FIN Province Holds Webinar on Youth Ministry & AI

By CSCom News Service 20 May, FIN Province, via Google Meet -- To celebrate the 57th World Communication Sunday, the Salesians of Don Bosco of the Philippines-North Province (FIN) organized a timely webinar that brought together the Salesia...
    Date2023.05.22 CategoryFIN Reply1 Views387 file
    Read More
  9. 5988(I)_2022-2023 school year closing ceremony, Don Bosco Tac Van’s Charity School

Tacvan, Camau, Viet Nam, 22 May 2023 -- A closing ceremony for the 2022-2023 school year was held in Don Bosco Tac Van's Charity School at 07:30 am, May 19, 2023 in the presence of Fr. Joseph Dinh Thanh Dat – person in charge, Mr....
    Date2023.05.22 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views366 file
    Read More
  10. 5987_'Laudato Si Week 2023 with Pope Francis 'The Letter' movie

By Don Bosco Green Alliance EAO Eco Team The world, 21 May 2023 -- The 2023 annual Laudato Si' week with its theme ‘Hope for Earth - Hope for Humanity’ is already upon us (21-28 May). The 'Laudato Si' movement is ani...
    Date2023.05.21 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views454 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... 536 Next
/ 536