Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20190728_WOR0.jpg

Election of new leadership

Dagmar K. and her Central Council

By VDB Delegate at GA8

Frascati, Italy, 28 July 2019 -- After 10 days of intense sharing, discernment, prayers and communion among the 100 Volunteers of Don Bosco (VDB) secular institute, their 8th General Assembly concluded on Sunday, July 28th. They harvest many fruits:

The AG8 has explored the main theme more deeply: 'The Mission of the VDB Today' along the reflection path pursued over the last two years:

• To deepen the importance of the VDB specific mission has in our life.
  • To evaluate our responsibility to the mission, as a response to the Spirit who sends us.
  • To identify the most urgent needs of people today, especially of our recipients and to reflect on the profound causes of these needs, to be able to intervene.
  • To identify our most effective responses in order to make fruitful our being light and leaven in the world.

The AG8 also elected the President General and the Vice President General, there were other seven (7) Councillors elected.  The Secretary and the Administrator are not elected but appointed by the President General and her Council. They are currently the largest secular institute in the Catholic Church. After two terms (12 years) of very charismatic leadership of Olga K, her successor, Dagmar, another fellow Slovakian VDB was elected as the new President General. We are grateful for her immediate sharing with the 120 VDBa and the whole Salesian Family in our Region:

• "Cordially and with great love I greet you after many beautiful meetings choosing the complete Central Council.
  • I'm not quite aware of my ministry yet, but I know you are praying for me! Thank you very much!
  • I want to keep emptying my hands of my own plans and I want to put those of God in them!
  • I have the heart of a mother who is ready to constantly receive every child entrusted to her!
  • I want us to develop the family dimension amongst us to share all personal worries and share the joys that enrich us and also be outwardly firmly rooted in the Salesian Family, being faithful in the Church to Peter's successor.
  • So far I have no other program, but I do not want to have anything other than feeling that it is from God, it leads to Him and to people.
  • I would like to add our old Slovak way of saying things: 'So, Lord God, help me!
  • I wish a blessed, joyfully experienced mission and greet our sisters on the other side of the world [=in the EAO region]
  • In Christ's love, Dagmar"

Related news article:

20190728_WOR.jpg

20190728_WOR1.jpg

20190728_WOR2.jpg

20190728_WOR3.jpg

20190728_WOR4.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5989(VI)_Xuan Hiep HCM: A Celebration of the Feast of our Mother the Help of Christians

By Viet SC Xuan Hiep, Vietnam, 24 May 2023 -- Joining the joy with the whole Salesian Family celebrate the feast of our Mother the Help of Christians, at 19:30 on May 23, 2023, Philip Rinaldi Theological Community and Don Parish Bosco Xuan ...
    Date2023.05.25 Reply0 Views232 file
    Read More
  2. 5989(V)_More than a wish granted

By Agnes B. Paulino Manila, Philippines, 24 May 2023 (although written one year earlier) -- It is almost midnight and sleep does not come. It could be due to the coffee I had when I took my medicines. It could be the adrenaline working on o...
    Date2023.05.25 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views323 file
    Read More
  3. 5989(IV)_From EAO to South Sudan

South Sudan, 24 May 2023 -- Two missionaries from our EAO region share their experiences: Cl. Peter Tran Quang Tri (left in photo) and Br Joseph Thuan Thien Truc Tran (right in photo). Both were members of the 152 missionary expedition (202...
    Date2023.05.25 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views367 file
    Read More
  4. 5989(III)_Salesian Educators today: The Yeast in the Dough

By Leo Paraha and Fr Ambrose Pereira SDB Bomana, Port Moresby, PNG 24 May 2023 -- ‘Salesian Educators Today – The Yeast in the Dough’ was the theme of the retreat for the Salesian Lay Educators from Don Bosco Technical Sch...
    Date2023.05.24 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views342 file
    Read More
  5. 5989(II)_"Everything is good!"

A biography of the Salesian missionary, Fr. John Tae-seok Lee, published on the occasion of the Feast of the Mary Help of Christians By Ivo Seon-ho Choe President of the Fr. John Lee Memorial Foundation. Seoul, Korea, 24 May 223 -- “I...
    Date2023.05.24 CategoryKOR Reply0 Views303 file
    Read More
  6. 5989(I)_The Heart of Don Bosco in Brunswick, Australia

By Afia Enosa SDB Don Bosco Youth Centre, Brunswick (Melbourne), Australia, 24 May 2023 -- Young people and parents coming from Brunswick and surrounding suburbs find Don Bosco Youth Centre a welcoming place; a home away from home; an envir...
    Date2023.05.24 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views362 file
    Read More
  7. 5988(II)_FIN Province Holds Webinar on Youth Ministry & AI

By CSCom News Service 20 May, FIN Province, via Google Meet -- To celebrate the 57th World Communication Sunday, the Salesians of Don Bosco of the Philippines-North Province (FIN) organized a timely webinar that brought together the Salesia...
    Date2023.05.22 CategoryFIN Reply1 Views387 file
    Read More
  8. 5988(I)_2022-2023 school year closing ceremony, Don Bosco Tac Van’s Charity School

Tacvan, Camau, Viet Nam, 22 May 2023 -- A closing ceremony for the 2022-2023 school year was held in Don Bosco Tac Van's Charity School at 07:30 am, May 19, 2023 in the presence of Fr. Joseph Dinh Thanh Dat – person in charge, Mr....
    Date2023.05.22 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views366 file
    Read More
  9. 5987_'Laudato Si Week 2023 with Pope Francis 'The Letter' movie

By Don Bosco Green Alliance EAO Eco Team The world, 21 May 2023 -- The 2023 annual Laudato Si' week with its theme ‘Hope for Earth - Hope for Humanity’ is already upon us (21-28 May). The 'Laudato Si' movement is ani...
    Date2023.05.21 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views454 file
    Read More
  10. 5986_What is Salesian Vocation Culture?

By Salesian Youth Ministry Sector Valdocco, Italy, 18 May 2023 -- During this 'Vocation' month of May each Salesian province holds a large variety of vocation events - Come and See opportunities, Vocation exhibitions, Open doors in ...
    Date2023.05.19 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views326 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... 536 Next
/ 536