Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 722 Comment 0

20180503_FIN.jpg

PC 2019 Reflection

By Fr. Ronilo Javines, SDB

Legazpi, the Philippines, 3 May 2019 -- A few weeks after the World Advisory Council on the Salesian Mission for Marginalized Youth or Youth at Risk in Rome (March 24-29), one the two EAO participants shared his integral reflection during the Provincial Chapter 2019. Fr Ronilo Javines, FIN (Rector of Legazpi Don Bosco community). His inspiring sharing was among the appreciated moments of the FIN Provincial Chapter held in Batulao Retreat House (April 29 - May 3).

Learning from the 20 SDB and Lay mission partners global group sharing

• The story telling filled out the flesh-and-bones of concrete poverty and suffering of the young people where we find Salesians in so many different situations
  • The presence of some elderly Salesians who are still active in the ministry to the poor is truly inspiring... 'For you I am ready to give even my last breath!'
  • The presence of some lay mission partners demonstrates that many lay really embraced the very spirit of Don Bosco like the consecrated SDB.
  • Many creative ways of sharing the Preventive system of Don Bosco among the non Christians and non believers shows the universal reach of our charism.
  • The Lectio divina and Eucharist celebrated in Don Bosco rooms made us listen to Don Bosco himself to 'save the souls also today' amidst new challenges.
  • The presence of SDBs in the EU (Brussels) or UN (New York) during the World Consultation shows the giant leap undertaken by SDBs in social work.

Points of convergence and the Prophetic Call

• To serve marginalized youth, good intention is not enough. This ministry should be complemented with professional competence.
  • We are called to identified the root causes of poverty and marginalization and confronted them, empowering the young people by educating them on their rights.
  • Young people should be formed, instructed and educated not only as beneficiaries but also as protagonist and collaborators in our mission.
  • Social teaching of the Church should be presented as our method of social transformation.
  • Emphatic Listening with the poor and the suffering; we need to learn how to weep in front of suffering young people.
  • There is a call for a community discernment to identify the peripheries around us, while 'walking together'
  • There is a need for networking and collaboration at provincial and international level to be more effective in this ministry.
  • We need a formation program to develop among the young Salesians the spirit of generous service and volunteerism.

Reflecting on the past 50 years in working for the marginalized youth in the Philippines

• Since 1970 the Salesians have begun to be engaged among the urban poor people with our presence in the slums (Tondo-Manila and Pasil-Cebu)
  • The Street Children and Youth Migration phenomenon followed since the mid-80s (Cebu- Don Bosco Boys Home, Manila-DB Pugad and Ampon migrants)
  • Institutionalized street children service produced 'Tuloy sa Don Bosco for street children' since 1995 and Pugad in Makati in 2001.
  • The Out-of-school Youth and literacy problem with unemployment produced the TVET (18 vocation training centers) now as DB One TVET Philippines
  • Extreme poverty at the rural settings (Go rural since 1998) with a Calauan DB 'community development in the new periphery of relocated city poor people.
  • FIN province established in the provincial chapter 2016 the 'Commission on Social Concern' that animates our social response for the poor youth.

Main elements on choices of Salesian Social Works and Service in the Philippines

• Focus on marginalized Youth and their families with research based programs and projects (need of the PDO)
  • Highlighted Education and Skills-Training-for-Work: game changer and key-player in Poverty alleviation.
  • Anchored on Holistic process and perspective: the Preventive system of Don Bosco as expressed in the Framework of total human development
  • Consolidated fruits of Dialogue, Assemblies, Congresses and many Provincial Chapters in decision making, to respond to emerging social issues.
  • Institutionalized networking and coordination at the province, inter-provincial and national level.

Related news article

20180503_FIN1.jpg

20180503_FIN2.jpg

20180503_FIN3.jpg

20180503_FIN4.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5990(I)_From Africa to Oceania to love and serve

PGS, 25 May 2023 -- My name is Joël Komlan ATTISSO. I am 28 years old. I am originally from Togo. I am a member of 151st missionary expedition (2020). Since it was at the height of COVID-19, we were not able to have our orientation bef...
    Date2023.05.25 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1020 file
    Read More
  2. 5989(VI)_Xuan Hiep HCM: A Celebration of the Feast of our Mother the Help of Christians

By Viet SC Xuan Hiep, Vietnam, 24 May 2023 -- Joining the joy with the whole Salesian Family celebrate the feast of our Mother the Help of Christians, at 19:30 on May 23, 2023, Philip Rinaldi Theological Community and Don Parish Bosco Xuan ...
    Date2023.05.25 Reply0 Views232 file
    Read More
  3. 5989(V)_More than a wish granted

By Agnes B. Paulino Manila, Philippines, 24 May 2023 (although written one year earlier) -- It is almost midnight and sleep does not come. It could be due to the coffee I had when I took my medicines. It could be the adrenaline working on o...
    Date2023.05.25 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views323 file
    Read More
  4. 5989(IV)_From EAO to South Sudan

South Sudan, 24 May 2023 -- Two missionaries from our EAO region share their experiences: Cl. Peter Tran Quang Tri (left in photo) and Br Joseph Thuan Thien Truc Tran (right in photo). Both were members of the 152 missionary expedition (202...
    Date2023.05.25 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views367 file
    Read More
  5. 5989(III)_Salesian Educators today: The Yeast in the Dough

By Leo Paraha and Fr Ambrose Pereira SDB Bomana, Port Moresby, PNG 24 May 2023 -- ‘Salesian Educators Today – The Yeast in the Dough’ was the theme of the retreat for the Salesian Lay Educators from Don Bosco Technical Sch...
    Date2023.05.24 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views342 file
    Read More
  6. 5989(II)_"Everything is good!"

A biography of the Salesian missionary, Fr. John Tae-seok Lee, published on the occasion of the Feast of the Mary Help of Christians By Ivo Seon-ho Choe President of the Fr. John Lee Memorial Foundation. Seoul, Korea, 24 May 223 -- “I...
    Date2023.05.24 CategoryKOR Reply0 Views303 file
    Read More
  7. 5989(I)_The Heart of Don Bosco in Brunswick, Australia

By Afia Enosa SDB Don Bosco Youth Centre, Brunswick (Melbourne), Australia, 24 May 2023 -- Young people and parents coming from Brunswick and surrounding suburbs find Don Bosco Youth Centre a welcoming place; a home away from home; an envir...
    Date2023.05.24 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views362 file
    Read More
  8. 5988(II)_FIN Province Holds Webinar on Youth Ministry & AI

By CSCom News Service 20 May, FIN Province, via Google Meet -- To celebrate the 57th World Communication Sunday, the Salesians of Don Bosco of the Philippines-North Province (FIN) organized a timely webinar that brought together the Salesia...
    Date2023.05.22 CategoryFIN Reply1 Views387 file
    Read More
  9. 5988(I)_2022-2023 school year closing ceremony, Don Bosco Tac Van’s Charity School

Tacvan, Camau, Viet Nam, 22 May 2023 -- A closing ceremony for the 2022-2023 school year was held in Don Bosco Tac Van's Charity School at 07:30 am, May 19, 2023 in the presence of Fr. Joseph Dinh Thanh Dat – person in charge, Mr....
    Date2023.05.22 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views366 file
    Read More
  10. 5987_'Laudato Si Week 2023 with Pope Francis 'The Letter' movie

By Don Bosco Green Alliance EAO Eco Team The world, 21 May 2023 -- The 2023 annual Laudato Si' week with its theme ‘Hope for Earth - Hope for Humanity’ is already upon us (21-28 May). The 'Laudato Si' movement is ani...
    Date2023.05.21 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views454 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... 536 Next
/ 536