NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
CIN
2015.03.30 01:08

3567_Happy Vocation movement

Views 6686 Comment 1

20150330_CIN1.jpg

By Philip Yu

Serving the Lord with Happiness and Joy. This is main theme of the Salesian Cooperators – China Province for 2015, announced at the annual general meeting (AGM) of all members – from Macau, Taiwan and of course Hong Kong. In 2015, not only that we started with a new provincial coordinator Teresa Lam but also we started a challenging initiative “Happy Vocation movement”. Luckily Rev. Fr. Vaclav Klement, Regional Councillor EAO was in Hong Kong for his extraordinary visitation and he gave us an inspiring talk on this topic. It is perfect timing to help set the stage for involving all members in the movement. Rev. Fr. Klement volunteered to join the movement as an extraordinary “Happy Ambassador” and share this message with dearest Rector Major and his council. What a surprise!

Happy Vocation movement

Obviously we all want to live happily everyday but very often we’re down when things turn out to be against our wish or go wild when being teased. Some people are born with a happy character but many had to learn to be happy!Joining this movement, it is simply a personal commitment to be happy. Being a Catholic is a vocation. Being a Salesian is an elevated vocation. Being happy is the best way to answer God’s selection on us, not only benefit ourselves but also energize people with us to pursue the origin of happiness. So all members are given free choice to join the movement. Anyone joining will be given a Happy Vocation badge (see the logo on the left) which serves as a symbolic reminder… to be a happy man/woman, to learn to be happy, to live out the vocation happily everyday.

Happy Ambassador

ASC local centres are invited to join the movement as a group, in addition to individual member’s participation; and nominate a “Happy Ambassador” who has a mission to promote Happy Vocation. Not only the ASC members can join but non-members can join this movement as well. Again, anyone joining will be given a HV badge. However, any local centre with members who are parents of priest/brother/sister, its coordinator has to join the Happy Vocation organizing committee because he/she has another mission that is to make sure the local centre takes care of such parents or do what they can do to show the loving kindness.

Happy cheat-sheet

Every Happy Vocation Ambassador was given a “Happy cheat-sheet” at the AGM. It consists of 5 simple but value hints that help us live happily or help us help others think positively.

• My grace is sufficient for you, for power is made perfect in weakness.(2Cor 12,9)

• I love the whole of you, including your weakness

• Don’t be afraid of tomorrow as I would have been there for you.

• Where there is devil for sure there is me.

• Remember to smile always, you are my divine image.

20150330_CIN2.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )
  • vaclav 2015.03.30 04:25

Happy Vocation is also the dream of the 10th sucessor of Don Bosco, Fr. Angel Fernandez Artime (Rector Major)

from his interview  with the ANS news agency(March 25, 2015)

Don Bosco was a dreamer. As the Successor of Don Bosco, what is your dream for the Congregation?

Among all the things I dream of, I choose two aspects that come straight from my heart. I dream of a Congregation of the Salesians of Don Bosco in which each and every one of its members, without exception, feels really happy to live the life we ​​have chosen, giving each day a joyful response to the Lord and to Don Bosco, for young people.

I dream that all who see us will say, ”How happy these Salesians are!”,  and that our response will be, “We are happy because the Lord fills our lives, because we feel loved by our brother Salesians and by our family and friends, and that giving our lives for the young people that the Lord sends our way fills us with joy.

I dream of a congregation that over the next five years, as we look ahead to the 28th General Chapter, can say that we have continued to grow in authenticity and fidelity to what is most essential for us as Salesians.

1. 4367(I)_EAO Congress Preparation (8)

KOR: Enthusiasm and energy in formation By Mr. Celestino Yu, ASC KOR Provincial Coordinator Seoul, Korea, 1 May 2017 -- At present in the Korean Province we have 395 Salesian Cooperators with promise (including 74 inactive members who didn'...
    Date2017.05.09 CategoryKOR Reply0 Views546 file
    Read More
  2. 4366_EAO Congress Preparation (7)

Salesian Cooperators of Japan getting closer to the young By Mrs. Kazumi Maruyama, ASC GIA Province Coordinator Tokyo, Japan, 30 April 2017 -- Heartfelt greetings from Japan, just one week before many of you will come to Tokyo for the 9th E...
    Date2017.05.09 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views555 file
    Read More
  3. 4365(IV)_Quo Vadis Salesian Parish in Vietnam?

The journey is going on! By Our Own Correspondent HCM City, Vietnam, 29 April 2017 -- 42 years ago a variety of small, humble, poor and mainly rural parishes in Vietnam became the first opportunity for the young Vice-province a good chance ...
    Date2017.05.09 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views541 file
    Read More
  4. 4365(III)_First ADMA spiritual retreat in Japan

Easter Octave with wonderful sakura spring background By Fr. Mario Yamanouchi, SDB Hamamatsu, Japan, 24 April 2017 -- During a wonderful spring period of full splendid sakura period near the lake Kawaguchi at the foot of the Mt Fuji was hel...
    Date2017.05.09 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views585 file
    Read More
  5. 4365(II)_EAO Congress preparation (6)

FIS - Cebu Province By Mila Wurtich ASC Provincial Coordinator Cebu, the Philippines, 29 April 2017 -- During past 3 years FIS Province has 10 Centers and 300 Salesian Cooperators with an average age 50-60 years.T there is one more new Cent...
    Date2017.05.09 CategoryASC Reply0 Views474 file
    Read More
  6. 4365(I)_EAO Congress preparation (5)

Cambodia Delegation sharing By Fr. Leo Ochoa, SDB Phnom Penh, Cambodia, 29 April 2017 -- We are happy to share our situation to the EAO Regional Congress with participation of three ASC members from Cambodia. Local Center ASC Mamma Margaret...
    Date2017.05.09 CategoryCamb. Reply0 Views492 file
    Read More
  7. 4364_Heroic sister helps her fellowmen

By Bp. Rolando Santos, CM Bishop of Diocese of Alotau-Sideia Alotau-Sideia, PNG, 28 April 2017 -- Sr. Ma Theresa Trinh Vu Phuong, FMA, has been helping Vietnamese fishermen to be freed and repatriated to their home country. Over 130 of thes...
    Date2017.05.09 CategoryFMA Reply0 Views666 file
    Read More
  8. 4363_First IUS-EAO Regional Conference

By Fr. Ariel Macatangay, SDB Tokyo, Japan, 26 April 2017 -- The Salesian Higher Education Institutions (IUS) in East Asia Oceania (EAO) had their First Regional Conference from 22 to 26 April. The Conference was well attended by six institu...
    Date2017.05.09 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views1114 file
    Read More
  9. 4362(III)_VDB - Don Bosco Secular Institute celebrate 100 years (2)

Dear Brothers and Sisters of the Salesian Family By Giovanna J, VDB Turin, Italy, 27 April 2017 -- Next May 20-21 our Secular Institute of the Volunteers of Don Bosco will celebrate in Turin, Italy our Centenary Jubilee of Foundation. Anybo...
    Date2017.05.09 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views864 file
    Read More
  10. 4362(II)_20 years of journey with the rural youth in Bicol

Don Bosco Agromechanical Technology Center By Br. Luigi Parolin, SDB Bicol, the Philippines, 27 April 2017 -- Dear Friends and Benefactors! I'm happy to share with you on this Eastertide about our humble rural Don Bosco Vocation training ce...
    Date2017.05.09 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views564 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 ... 536 Next
/ 536