?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

ESCClose

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print

20151228_EAO.jpg

By Fr. Vaclav Klement, SDB

Brno - Zidenice, Czech Republic, December 27,2015 - It was a wonderful opportunity to celebrate the Holy Family Feast in my hometown of Brno (Czech Republic) with my mother (Maria, 82 years) who is already confined to the home stay. Few days in talking and listening to her, other brothers and many more friends met after quite long time. We are four brothers, two of them living in the city of Brno. Our father (Jiri, 52 years) passed away already 28 years ago.

The icon of Guadalupe in hands of my mother is just one of the 10.000+ icons produced by my Mum during past 25 years in our house. Different pictures taken from Catholic Calendars, photos or copies are pasted on the home-made wooden tablets and after painting look almost like professional icons. Started as a support for fundraising of nearby Salesian Youth Center, it became over the years a special mission and passion for my Mum.

Holy Family Feastday reminded me again about the great gift of faith kept and communicated through the families in our home parish of St. Cyril and Methodius. Thanks to few zealous diocesan priests during past 60 years grew quite lively family-centered parish community. Also today the young generation benefit from the faith of their parents 'trained' in the parish and about 30 priest and religious are another fruit of these families.

Another special item I noticed this time is quite recent tradition to prepared a 'baked gingerbread Christmas Crib' (this year only with some 700 items prepared by 40 families). Apparently few years ago this sweet Christmas Crib with 1200 baked figures it entered even the Guiness Record Book!

With a prayer for all families in troubles, sickness, suffering and also families of migrants and refugees all around the world!

Praised by for ever the holy names of Jesus, Mary and Joseph!

20151228_EAO1.jpg

20151228_EAO2.jpg

20151228_EAO3.jpg

20151228_EAO4.jpg

20151228_EAO5.jpg

20151228_EAO6.jpg

20151228_EAO7.jpg

20151228_EAO9.jpg

20151228_EAO10.jpg