austraLasia

?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20160110_EAO.jpg

By Fr. Vaclav Klement, SDB

10 January 2016 - New Year missionary request letter to the Rector Major is one of the best gifts that any Salesian can offer to the successor of Don Bosco. It's wonderful, that again, one of us is writing to the Rector Major just on the New Year 2016! Praise be the Lord!

We pray for the missionary journey of the author of this request and also for many more young Salesians in the EAO region to follow the Cagliero's way also today! Indeed many young Salesians are discerning their missionary vocation in these days in many different provinces!

"Dear Fr. Ángel,

Peace be with you! Happy feast day of Mary, Mother Mother of God.

I am Br. ..... a young Salesian currently assigned as .... I write to you to express my willingness to join in the missionary work “ad gentes” of our Congregation. I do this freely without pressures. I have started my journey to seriously consider and pray to be a missionary from the time when I was in my first year of practical training.

This desire never left me but even more enkindled to take up the challenge and commit myself in the work of evangelization. Likewise, I am ever struck with the automatic signature in the emails some time back: “All for Jesus, Jesus for all!”: this one kept on disturbing me and it became part of me that I even made it a welcome phrase on my office door.

The presence of missionaries, my happy and fruitful encounters, pushed me share the same love that I have experienced from them. My classmates in the novitiate, post-novitiate and specific formation who are missionaries or coming form mission lands encouraged me to be more generous. They are all praying for me for this intention. They have been my inspiration. All of them kept this heart burning. With them, my desire was tested in fire.

Before I wrote this letter, I meditated upon Don Bosco’s dream of the roses and thorns. I know that there would be many difficulties but Christ is more than any wound caused by the thorns. This gave me courage to accept the challenge especially in this desire to follow Christ. Moreover, I have surrendered my heart to him. When I made my perpetual profession, I chose “…a new heart.” (Ez 36:26) as my profession theme...

Father, you may send me anywhere as a gift to Don Bosco in his Bicentenary. But if you would find it fitting, you may send me where you need Salesian Brothers and younger confreres.

I have expressed this missionary desire to my Provincial and Rector whom both gave me their blessing to write this request. I have also consulted several Salesians to verify my intentions. I love the Congregation and the Church where “…I am ready to give up to my last breath for my poor boys.”

I find today’s feast very fitting to write this letter to you since Mary is model in openness and generosity to heed the Lord’s call for each one of us. I pray that like Mary, I may be very attentive and open to the Lord’s will for me.

Sincerely yours.... SDB"

20160110_EAO1.jpg

20160110_EAO2.jpg

20160110_EAO3.jpg

20160110_EAO4.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4398(II)_New frontier for the EAO Salesian Cooperators

By Fr. Mathew Vadakkevettuvazhiyil, SDB Massey, New Zealand, 3 June 2017 -- After the first promise of Mrs. Anna Siemsen and Mrs. Lagi Filomena Schwenke (Samoa) during the 9th EAO Salesian Cooperators Congress in Tokyo, May 2017, there is a...
    Date2017.06.03 CategoryPac. Reply0 Views924 file
    Read More
  2. 4398(I)_Telegu Group Cultural Gathering in Hong Kong

By Fr. Bala Kishore Miriyala, SDB Hong Kong, 27 May 2017 -- Together with Fr. Dolphie Sequiera I am involved in the Migrant Youth Ministry with a special focus on the Migrant Youth from South Asia. On 27th of May 2017, Saturday we had a cul...
    Date2017.06.03 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views615 file
    Read More
  3. 4397_Perpetual Profession

By Fr. Drans Nolasco, SDB Paranaque City, the Philippines, 31 May 2017 -- On this Solemn Feast of the Visitation of our Blessed Mother to her cousin Elizabeth, the Lord Jesus visited our EAO Region in a very grace-filled way through the Sol...
    Date2017.06.02 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views1974 file
    Read More
  4. 4396(III)_Fiji Islands: New frontier of Pacific Delegation

By Our Own Correspondent Suva, Fiji, 1 June 2017 -- Five months after the birth of the Pacific Delegation the dynamic community of Suva Don Bosco becomes the most visible expression of the new frontiers. Six novices, five postnovices, one d...
    Date2017.06.01 CategoryPac. Reply0 Views3966 file
    Read More
  5. 4396(II)_Annual Gathering of Initial Formation

By Fr. Manuel Pinto, SDB Lospalos, East Timor, 30 May 2017 -- Every year there always a formation gathering of those in initial formation (Pre-Novitiate, Novitiate and Post-Novitiate) during semestral break which last two or three days. Thi...
    Date2017.06.01 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views873 file
    Read More
  6. 4396(I)_Dramatic life of a humble disciple of Don Bosco

Extract from the Mortuary Letter for Bro. Edward Kowala, SDB By Fr. Lanfranco Fedrigotti, SDB Hong Kong, 1 June 2017 -- The last words we heard from Br. Edward, before he passed away in Canossa hospital on February 10th, were (spoken in Can...
    Date2017.06.01 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views6938 file
    Read More
  7. 4395_FIS 25th Anniversary

By Social Communications Office FIS Cebu, the Philippines, 31 May 2017 -- "Our congregation is 163 years old and our very own Philippine South Province is 25 - quite a long stretch of time in between. But through it all, we have our Salesia...
    Date2017.05.31 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views692 file
    Read More
  8. 4394(III)_A day in the life of Maung Zaw Oo

By Don Bosco Mission Bonn / Peter Käser Mandalay, Myanmar, 31 May 2017 -- Maung Zaw Oo knows what it means to be alone. To have no parents who care about one and live in a strange city. He grew seven bus-hours away from Mandalay in the Shan...
    Date2017.05.31 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views1481 file
    Read More
  9. 4394(II)_Prayers for Fr. Germain Lagger are requested

By VIE provincial secretary HCM City, Vietnam, 30 May 2017 -- Between 1952 and 1975 some 44 missionaries were sent by the Rector Major of by the Provincial of China to this former Delegation of CIN province. After the revolution and unifica...
    Date2017.05.31 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views691 file
    Read More
  10. 4394(I)_Project Europe Goes On: Ireland (Ordination of two Vietnamese deacons)

Saint Patrick's College, Maynooth, Ireland – Sunday 28 May 2017 celebrating the feast of the Ascension By Fr. Dominic Binh Nguyen, SDB Tuam, Ireland, 28 May 2017 -- The last Sunday of May was such a blessed and joyful day for the Irish-Malt...
    Date2017.05.31 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views996 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 ... 535 Next
/ 535