NextNext Article

ESCClose

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print
ALA_5377

20200516_ASC.jpg

By Mr. Philip Yu, ASC
World Councilor for the EAO Region
(2014-2020)

China province, 16 May 2020 -- I am happy to proclaim this meaningful message, indeed an urgent call from Holy Father to “Stand united… in faith as we grow through the crisis of this moment to build a better tomorrow”. Perhaps you have already received it elsewhere but I’m highly recommend you (and your family) to sign up at https://laudatosiweek.org/ as a personal commitment and yet to support the initiative.

In addition, as proposed through the social media group in FB Messenger, I have taken a step further to support this initiative as an organization “Salesian Cooperators – EAO” by joining the Don Bosco Green Alliance with the following commitment:

1. Live Simple

2. Minimise Food and Water Waste
3. Educate Youth

As of today I have confirmation from the following provinces to join and other provinces please let me know when you’re ready (in chronological order) Philippines South, Japan, Korea, Philippines North, China and Thailand.

Thank you all. I shall do my best to help you get started with the commitments, bring you the resources and share what your green/sustainable activities in the future. There are activities available already on website you may want to join (please note the time of event that may not be convenient to you) but at least you have the global day prayer card (attached) available for your translation.

16-23 May: Trainings and workshops You’ll receive links to participate by email; they will also be available here.

24 May: Global day of prayer Join Catholics around the world by praying at noon local time.

Together let’s work hard for our next generation. So we can build a better and sustainable tomorrow.

With love and In Don Bosco,

Philip Yu

NB: Don Bosco Green Alliance is an international Green Salesian Network. Launched in 2018, the alliance is today an active platform where Salesian Family institutions, organisations and individuals exchange ideas and work together on global environmental campaigns.

Related resources:

20200516_ASC1.jpg

20200516_ASC2.jpg

20200516_ASC3.jpg

20200516_ASC4.jpg

20200516_ASC5.jpg

20200516_ASC6.jpg

20200516_ASC7.jpg

20200516_ASC8.jpg