?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 45461 Comment 0

20150615_THA.jpg

By Editorial board

Ko Samui, Thailand - The translation is vital to the growth of the Salesian Charism, especially in our Region of East Asia and Oceania. Again it was confirmed by new breaking news from Thailand. Indeed after four months of patient and hard work the Salesian Youth Ministry Framework (La Pastorale Giovanile Salesiana, Quadro di Riferimento, Roma 2014 - 3rd edizione) was published in Thai language and its digital version reached the General Councilor for the Youth Ministry. Hopefully it will be soon uploaded also on the official YM sector website with the other seven languages. (http://donboscosym.org). History goes back to last November 2014, when during the EAO annual Youth Ministry delegates meeting in Lysterfield, Australia, the Thai delegation of three young confreres pledged to make ever first full translation of this 3rd edition of the Youth Ministry Framework as soon as possible. We wish that many of our youth animators, lay mission partners in our schools, parishes and youth centers in Thailand – Laos – Cambodia province will benefit from this effort!

The translator of the YM Framework, Fr. Michael Adulkasem, parish priest of Ko Samui in the Suratthani diocese does share his feeling: "Thanks, for confirmation of my effort. Indeed it took me quite an effort to translate this book into Thai. I did it alone. My difficulty was when I have to refer to Italian reference. I do not know Italian language, I have studied in the Philippines. In the future if I would like to be of any help to the Congregation in translating some other material. I am ready for this service." Indeed you need lot of skills, passion and patience to translate the whole 314 pages book into an Eastern Asian language.

One year after the Vietnam, K’Long EAO translators first historical meeting we can see some fruits in many provinces. There is growing awareness about the translation as ministry, vocation that needs a specific spirituality. Among the most important steps at the provincial level, the EAO translators asked to ‘work out a Salesian Term Glossary with the Salesian Family for each EAO language’ (from the Follow up letter, EAO-013 from 12th October 2014).

Indeed also the Salesian Youth Ministry Framework contains its own Glossary [p.310-314]. On the other hand the China province Salesian Cooperators together with their SDB and FMA delegates when finalizing the translation of the new edition of the ‘Project of Apostolic Life’ (ed.2014) also felt a strong need of the Salesian Cooperators Glossary. On the Boscolink are available some similar fruits (CIN, KOR, THA, VIE province) in the Free Board – Resources corner (https://www.bosco.link/index.php?document_srl=4254&mid=resource). With the constant drive of the Rector Major to make sure ordinary communications to the confreres (Dear confreres – quarterly video clip greetings - in all possible languages, we can feel that Fr. Mike will find many other followers in this sacred ministry of translation, make speak Don Bosco in all of our East Asia – Oceania languages.

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4466(I)_Salesian Family relaunching

Sharing Salesian Charism in the Pacific By Our Own Correspondent Port Moresby, PNG, 12 August 2017 -- It' only one year ago when the new Vice-province of Blessed Philip Rinaldi of Papua New Guinea and Solomon Islands was born. 37 years afte...
    Date2017.08.14 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views919 file
    Read More
  2. 4465(V)_Great missionary Fr. Gustav Roosens passed away (Thailand)

By Fr. Theparat Pitisant, SDB Bangkok, Thailand, 11 August 2017 -- At 91 years of age, 61 years a priest and missionary in Thailand passed away Fr Alberto L. Gustav Roosens, a Belgian Salesian missionary par excellence. About half of his mi...
    Date2017.08.13 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views1731 file
    Read More
  3. 4465(IV)_3rd BulaBosco in Suva

An overhelming family joy experience By Cl. Iuta Elia, SDB Suva, Fiji Islands, 12 August 2017 -- Today the 12 of of August is the third time we had this great event, BulaBosco where we share with the young people of Fiji the spirit of our F...
    Date2017.08.13 CategoryPac. Reply0 Views818 file
    Read More
  4. 4465(III)_Preparation for the SamBosco 2017

By Cl. Kevin Fiame, SDB Alafua, Samoa, 12 Aug 2017 -- The first leadership meeting for SamBosco 2017 was held recently. The main purpose of the meeting was to discuss the key issues and plan for the SamBosco. This year’s event will see the ...
    Date2017.08.13 CategoryPac. Reply0 Views738 file
    Read More
  5. 4465(II)_Don Bosco Foundation of Cambodia Finalized Adjustment The School Curriculum

By Mr. Ouch Sambo Sihanoukville, Cambodia, 11 August 2017 -- The representatives of Phnom Penh, Sihanoukville and Kep were gathering yesterday for a meeting on the School Curriculum which was held at the Don Bosco Hotel School of Sihanoukvi...
    Date2017.08.13 CategoryCamb. Reply0 Views677 file
    Read More
  6. 4465(I)_Ordination of two Salesian Priest in Sumatra - Indonesia

By Fr. Lino Belo, SDB Palembang, Indonesia -- On August 9th, In Palembang (South Sumatera) were ordained two Salesian priests - deacon Ambrosius Widiyantoro, SDB )theology study in FIN, Paranaque) and Deacon Finansius Sidabutar, SDB (theolo...
    Date2017.08.13 CategoryINA Reply0 Views616 file
    Read More
  7. 4464(II)_Blessed Stephen Sandor & (future) Blessed Titus Zeman

Preparing the Beatification of Titus Zeman (30th September 2017) By Fr. Silvio Roggia, SDB Formation Sector RMG, 12 August 2017 -- Dear confreres, I’m writing to you this time not to ask once again a help for the tabulation of questionnaire...
    Date2017.08.12 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views1635 file
    Read More
  8. 4464(I)_Phanom, Mary Help of Christians Church Feast

By Fr. Theparat Pitisant Surathani, Thailand, 11 August 2017 -- Phanom is a district of Surathani province at the southern part of Thailand. There is a village called “Thap Crist” an area of 500 acres of land donated by the government on th...
    Date2017.08.12 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views976 file
    Read More
  9. 4463_Two New Books On Salesian History

Fr Manuel Fraile's two books By SS Secretariat Dili, Timor Leste, 10 August 2017 -- Two new books have been newly published in Dili (ITM) on the local salesian history: Don Bosco em Timor Leste- Segunda Etapa, and Santo Desconhecido, O Irmã...
    Date2017.08.11 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views986 file
    Read More
  10. 4462_Don Bosco-One TVET Launched

By DBTI Makati IAO, Loren Legaspi Makati City, the Philippines, 10 August 2017 -- Don Bosco Technical Institute – Makati had its Launching Ceremonies for the first ever Don Bosco–One TVET Philippines on August 9 at Braga Building which was ...
    Date2017.08.10 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views1425 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 ... 533 Next
/ 533