?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 1165 Comment 1

20160730_MYM.jpg

By Fr. Camillus Gin Go Suan

Kalay Myo, Myanmar, 29 july 2016 -- Five years after arrival of the Salesians to Kalay Myo (town near the Chin States in Western Myanmar) we feel that Don Bosco Charism is slowly but surely growing. This unique Salesian presence in the Western part of our country was started in 2011. Only few hundred meters from the Cathedral Church we have already Boarding House for Chin Hill boys (75 of them, grade 8-9) and recently have open a Kindergarten (now with first batch of 37 children).

We are only 4 confreres - 2 Salesian priests and 2 clerics in practical training – Fr. Camillus Gin Go Suan (priest in charge), Fr. Alphonse Aung Naing Shew, Cl. John Thi Ha, Cl. Peter Myo Htoi Li. During past few days we enjoyed a second visit of our Father Regional, this time for the extraordinary visitation.

Apart of the ordinary visitation schedule we were happy to convoke a first meeting of our 20 young ‘Friends of Don Bosco’ – some of our Past Pupils, FMA Past Pupils from Anisakan, some Ex-Salesians as well some University students who were involved in the Youth activities with us during past 5 years. Since there is not yet any group of the Salesian Family in our fresh community we try to start Don Bosco Alumni and/or Salesian Cooperators. In a lively dialogue Fr. Klement had a good chance to interact with the youth (20-30 years of age) and share about the Alumni Association life around the Region. We concluded the whole meeting with a prayer – promise of the Don Bosco Past Pupils take from their ‘Statutes.

Although the construction of our new house (Boarding for Chin Hill students, Salesian house with some space for informal livelihood training) is not yet concluded, the tuition and daily life of our boarders is going on the two floors. Third floor is now (finally) being slowly finished. Thanks be to God!

Chin States with a strong Christian presence is among the poorest states of Myanmar Union. Also many Salesians of Don Bosco were born in this region, although until 2011 there was no Salesian presence. We hope to contribute to the education of the young Catholic generation and to share the Preventive system of Don Bosco with the local Church as well.

Please, pray for our young community, that we may be able to put a solid foundation to Don Bosco Charism in this part our Myanmar!

20160730_MYM1.jpg

20160730_MYM2.jpg

20160730_MYM3.jpg

20160730_MYM4.jpg

20160730_MYM5.jpg

20160730_MYM6.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )
  • nike air max 2016.07.30 12:45
    You really make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be really something nike air max thea femme which I think I would never understand. It seems too complicated and very broad for me. I am looking forward for your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!

1. 4552(I)_“Dreams cannot be brought or rented, it is you who should nurtured it!”

Pacific Regional Seminary of St. Peter Chanel Graduation Day By Br. Sinapati Ioane, SDB Suva, Fiji, 10 November 2017 -- “Dreams cannot be brought or rented, it is you who should nurtured it, if you cannot dream what you want to be, then the...
    Date2017.11.14 Reply1 Views930 file
    Read More
  2. 4551(II)_We want to make the Salesian Brother vocation more visible in the Church

Celebrating the Feast of Blessed Artemide Zatti - Salesian Brother By Our Own Correspondent Dalat City, Vietnam, 13 November2017 -- As in every formation community around the world the Zatti Day (November 13) is a good occasion for celebrat...
    Date2017.11.14 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views1623 file
    Read More
  3. 4551(I)_SoloBosco 2017

Salesian Youth Gathering in Solomon Islands 2017 By Sr. Matalena Leota, FMA Honiara, Solomon Island, 11 November 2017 -- History was made on the 10th and 11th of November, the first SoloBosco (Salesian Youth Gathering) with all the young pe...
    Date2017.11.14 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views656 file
    Read More
  4. 4550_Joint Meeting with Youth Ministry and Social Communications Delegaters

By Fr. Bernard P. Nolasco, SDB K' Long, Vietnam, 12 November 2017 -- Fr. Joseph Nguyen Van Quang, SDB, the Provincial Superior of the Vietnam Province, opened this wonderful Sunday by presiding over the 7:00am Holy Mass with all the partici...
    Date2017.11.13 CategoryEAO Reply2 Views983 file
    Read More
  5. 4549(V)_Commission on Social Communications EAO Regional Meeting

17 Confreres and Lay Mission Partners gathered together By Fr. Bernard P. Nolasco, SDB K’ Long, Vietnam, 11 November 2017 -- The EAO CSC Delegates began their 2017 Regional Meeting yesterday afternoon with Fr. Filiberto Gonzalez, SDB, the G...
    Date2017.11.12 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views2180 file
    Read More
  6. 4549(IV)_PGS Salesian Family and Mission Day

By Fr. Angel Sanchez, SDB Boroko, PNG, 11 November 2017 -- On the occasion of the 142nd anniversary of the sending of the first Salesian missionaries to Patagonia, about one hundred members of the Salesian Family (SDB, FMA, Salesian Coopera...
    Date2017.11.12 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1626 file
    Read More
  7. 4549(III)_Beautiful autumn nature journey with our mission partners

EPC is growing on the journey - Autumn outing By Fr. Moise Na, SDB Gwangju, Korea, 10 November 2017 -- The autumn nature around Gwangju in South Cholla Province is famous for it's beauty. Last Friday, November 10, two Salesians accompany al...
    Date2017.11.12 CategoryKOR Reply0 Views624 file
    Read More
  8. 4549(II)_Assembly of Confreres

By Fr. Ambrose Pereira, SDB Port Moresby, PNG, 6 November 2017 -- Rectors, commission heads and representatives of confreres gathered together in the PGS Provincial House, Boroko for the second part of the Assembly of Confreres. It commence...
    Date2017.11.12 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views10333 file
    Read More
  9. 4549(I)_Formation Day on Vocation Animation

Workshop on Vocation culture - Hong Kong and Macau By Fr. Carlos Cheung, SDB Hong Kong, 4 November 2017 -- In commemoration of St. Charles Borromeo, the patron saint of catechists and seminarians, the Formation Day on Vocation Animation in ...
    Date2017.11.12 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views2125 file
    Read More
  10. 4548(III)_Pakistan Delegation consistent growth

Animation visit of the Delegation 2017 By Our Own Correspondent Lahore, Pakistani, 11 November 2017 -- Five Salesians (two first Pakistani priests, Fr. Sami and Fr. Noble, two Filipino missionaries Fr. Eugene and Fr. Joel joint by a Pakista...
    Date2017.11.11 CategoryPak. Reply0 Views898 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 ... 536 Next
/ 536